SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
For Asteff
Greasbrough 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:18 pm   For Asteff

Usted consigue 1 dyn avg el aumento para cada 10 usted pulsa en un dĂ­a encima de su dinastĂ­a corriente avg
tan si usted tiene 422 dyn avg ... y hoy usted pulsa 442 ... que es 20 chasquidos más que su avg ... divide esto por 10 = 2 ... añade esto a su corriente avg (422+2) y usted sabrá que mañana usted tendrá dyn avg de 424
Espero que esto ayude

You get 1 dyn avg increase for every 10 you click in a day above your current dynasty avg

so if you have 422 dyn avg...and today you click 442...that is 20 clicks more than your avg...divide that by 10 = 2 ... add this to your current avg (422+2) and you will know that tomorrow you will have dyn avg of 424

I hope this helps

If anyone can translate this better - thanks :grin:

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:56 am   

Okay, if this is a pure and simple formula why did my dynasty average fall from 523 to 522 when I had 526 clicks... shouldn't it have stayed the same?

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:21 am   

Quote:
Okay, if this is a pure and simple formula why did my dynasty average fall from 523 to 522 when I had 526 clicks... shouldn't it have stayed the same?

To have kept the same average, you would have had to have clicked 533 when your average was 523. Because your clicks were less than 10 over your current average, you lost a point. The rule of thumb I have found, is to always click a minimum of 10 over your previous days average. Example: I am at 461 dynasty average, today I have to click a minimum of 471 or my average will go down. Does that make sense?

Have a good day.

Cheryl

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:39 am   

Cheryl wrote:
Quote:

To have kept the same average, you would have had to have clicked 533 when your average was 523. Because your clicks were less than 10 over your current average, you lost a point. The rule of thumb I have found, is to always click a minimum of 10 over your previous days average. Example: I am at 461 dynasty average, today I have to click a minimum of 471 or my average will go down. Does that make sense?

Have a good day.

Cheryl

I thought it made sense Cheryl, but like I just posted in another place, yesterday I clicked 509, my avg was 513, and it is still 513 today.

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:14 pm   

ppj2005 wrote:
I thought it made sense Cheryl, but like I just posted in another place, yesterday I clicked 509, my avg was 513, and it is still 513 today.

Well....I am guessing here, you were only 4 away from your average.....maybe if you would have been 6 away it would have dropped? Then again, it could just be that they are out to get you (and all of us) and drive you crazy trying to figure it out! LOL

Seriously, your guess is as good as mine. I tried to help!!

Cheryl

shakymon 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:13 pm   

Cheryl wrote:
Quote:

Have a good day.

Cheryl

That's just crazy. It shouldn't work that way at all. Clicking your average should maintain it. The only way it should go down is by clicking less than it.

It's supposed to be running average of the last 10 days. This is how the math should work:

Code:
   newDynAvg = (9*dynAvg + clickedToday)/10             (Eq. 1)

This is mathematically equivalent to what was stated in the first post in this thread:

Code:
Define clickDelta as the difference between today's clicks and the dyn avg.

clickDelta = clickedToday - dynAvg                  (Eq. 2)

Rearrange the equation to solve for today's clicks.

clickedToday  = dynAvg + clickDelta                 (Eq. 3)

Substitute into Equation 1.

newDynAvg = (9*dynAvg + dynAvg + clickDelta)/10     (Eq. 4)

Simplify the equation.

newDynAvg = (10*dynAvg  + clickDelta)/10

newDynAvg = dynAvg  + clickDelta/10                 (Eq. 5)

Equation 5 is exactly what's in the first post. Therefore, clicking 526 with a dyn avg of 523 should result in a new dyn avg of 523.3 or 523 after rounding. It should not drop to 522.

Another thing you can do is determine how many clicks you need today to achieve a desired dyn avg. If we rearrange Equation 1 to solve for today's clicks, we get:

Code:
  clickedToday = 10*newDynAvg - 9*dynAvg                (Eq. 6)

So suppose you have a dyn avg of 523 and you want it to be 550 tomorrow. How many clicks do you need today?

Code:

clickedToday = 10*550 - 9*523

clickedToday = 793

stompi 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:42 pm   

Quote:
It's supposed to be running average of the last 10 days. This is how the math should work:

Code:
   newDynAvg = (9*dynAvg + clickedToday)/10             (Eq. 1)

This would not be the average of the last 10 days, as clicking 10 days long every day 500 dyn-links would not give you 500 dyn-average.

The normal average over the last 10 days would be:
Code:

newDynAvg = (d1+d2+d3+d4+d5+d6+d7+d8+d9+d10) / 10
d1 is the number of dynasty-clicks today
d2 is the number of dynasty-clicks yesterday

I don´t know, which formula is used on Yarolds.

shakymon 
Gamer

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:54 am   

stompi wrote:

I don´t know, which formula is used on Yarolds.

If the method of calculating a new dyn avg stated in the first post in this topic is correct, then the former is used (which I meant to say is a weighted average).

TiddaMouse 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:55 am   

I only saw this post just now, I had actually asked Yarold for the formula because someone else had this same query.

Code:
 ... dynasty_proc = GREATEST((((dynasty_proc - 1 ) * 9 + dynasty_c_done ) / 10) ... 

This basically means that your new average equals your old average minus one times nine. Then your clicks for the day are added onto it and it is divided by ten. So, sometimes you require less than ten clicks over your current average to remain the same.

Example;
You have an average of 126. You click 120, 6 under your total.
Code:
 (((126 - 1) * 9 + 120)/10) = 124.5

I was unable to get a definitive answer on the rounding, we will assume for the purpose of this example we round down. You will have 124 average, only losing 2.

Example;
You have an average of 280. You click 325, 45 above your total.
Code:
 (((280 - 1) * 9 + 325)/10) = 283.6

Assuming we round down your new average will be 238, gaining only 3.

It would appear easier to drop in average than it is to increase. This just means you all need to click harder! hehe :)

In ppj2005's case his average was 523. He clicked 526, three above his total.
Code:
 (((523 - 1) * 9 + 526)/10) = 522.4

As you can see, once rounded his average becomes 522.

I hope that this clears it up for everyone. I think the reason averages are made this way is to keep the increases gradual.

Happy clicking! <3

Reply to topic