SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Human Awareness Test
red oak 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 1
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:47 pm   Human Awareness Test

What exactly should I be doing here.. ?. When I type a random letter it tells me most of the time that I did not put anything in the box. Only once I got something about the sentry or something... ??? What is it that I should be putting in the frigging box?

bella
Gamers Alliance mod

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:10 pm   

It doesn't matter what you type in the box. Type a random number or whatever you like.

Nothing to get stressed about - it is just a way of seeing who actually does check links before they close them.

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:59 pm   

When you know the link you clicked was for a myminicity and you end up at the human awareness test it does not prove anything when you close that window except you knew you didn't get the link you clicked.

red oak 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:08 am   

bella wrote:
It doesn't matter what you type in the box. Type a random number or whatever you like.

Nothing to get stressed about - it is just a way of seeing who actually does check links before they close them.

Thank you Bella, it could be than that it times out & that's why i get the error message...

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:40 pm   

Yes there is a time function to those stupid links. Now I see that some links are invisible to me and the CARE function in my profile. I click every link and follow through on them all. The first human awareness test I closed because it was not the link I clicked and today when I snapped links and then started going through them one by one I discovered some of these tests timed out already and some just returned that they had nothing for me when I tried typing something in the box.

So now there are links invisible to me because I only typed in 6 out of 14 boxes in the required time.... I am not accustomed to swearing but you have the words rolling through my head.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:55 pm   

Not bad hey? Get punished by not seeing links over something that "is nothing to stress about"

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:02 pm   

Yeah, it is really nice to have something put in place without any warning or instruction and then be punished for it.

stompi 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:41 pm   

Yes information before making this new funkction would have been good and information what exactly happens, when you enter nothing, when you just click the button and so on.

The first time I saw "button" and no number or word as typically shown, when you have to enter something, so i clicked on the button. Normally you can switch back in all games, when you entered the false number or nothing, but this didn´t work with the "sentry ward" and it seemed, that i lost credits for it.

What happenes with the link, which is replaced with the ward, is the credit lost?

phlaim 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:19 pm   

A little more information from the admins of what's going on would be appreciated. You got the mail-system. Send out news about new features and information through it! When was the "HowTo" last updated?

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:25 pm   

It would be nice to get some type of explanation... why do blank lines show where links should be.. is this a bug or is this part of this CARE system? Are those the links that are not all displayed or are my links the ones that are not all displayed? Waiting, waiting...

stompi 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:57 pm   

Hm good hint, you can be proud of making the new mail-system, but maybe some didn´t even notice it.

edit: PLEASE remove the timeout for human awareness test. I just again "got nothing from it" and it was counted as not clicked or whatever you mean with it. It doesn´t make fun to only look for the links, which have the 5 minute waiting time and not being able to do something else in that time, though I look mostly in short periods after the links. You can click the game buttons also after 10 minutes or reload them if necessary!

red oak 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:55 pm   

Looks like from now on I will not be going through the pages to check for any actions to be taken... why bother at all...

Will all links then become invisible?

stompi 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:03 pm   

I can´t say for sure, but I think they will be visible again, when your "care" rises.

red oak 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 pm   

I don't really care any longer, I have enough credits I need for my games, and the only 'losers' are people whose links I am not able to click and those I will no longer bother to do any 'actions' on...

I will not be chasing after 'test' links just to make sure that they don't time out on me...

If I run out of credits I'll simply leave Yarold's and will never buy more credits again...

I had a great respect for this Exchange and administration, but the combination of recent changes is making me take a second look...

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:33 pm   

Test was made to divide users of site to those who click or do whats need after opening given link and those who close window.
There is no penality for not filling it.
Links that they would require any action from users are not showed to users who would close window anyway.
Current ratio to decide is 25%

But with over 1600 links to myminicity i understand that its not easy to understand that user can get nothing when no action is taken when visiting his link.

Strangly timeout for those tests is at 30mins.

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Helped: 4 times
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:14 pm   

Wait, are you telling me that because I had no idea what the test was and couldn't figure it out, my "care" rating or whatever is low, and I don't get to click on the other links?

Where can one find their "care" rating? I've heard others talk about it.

I click/continue/etc on 99% of the links I click. Those that I don't are because the target site didn't load properly, I accidentally clicked through too fast when closing minicities, or something like that.

Do I have to continue to wait until I happen to get this test so that I can start getting those links again? I'm really confused now.

red oak 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:15 pm   

Perfect, I can live with that, but if not a time out, there was some other reason that my 'actions' did not register... I know that if I missed some of the 'test' links it certainly was not 87% and I most certainly bothered with more than 2 of them...

That said, removing all 'action' links to worry about from my link list is a great benefit for me. It will save me a considerable amount of time and I thank you for that...

red

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:23 pm   

Yarold wrote:
Test was made to divide users of site to those who click or do whats need after opening given link and those who close window.
There is no penality for not filling it.
Links that they would require any action from users are not showed to users who would close window anyway.
Current ratio to decide is 25%

But with over 1600 links to myminicity i understand that its not easy to understand that user can get nothing when no action is taken when visiting his link.

Strangly timeout for those tests is at 30mins.

It is not strange when you open 200 windows, actually 180 this morning and then start to make your way through each one... and yes it does take more than 30 minutes sometimes to get to all the windows, especially when I am chatting with other people as I do it. I did not read anywhere where I had to do the clicks in a certain manner and time frame. As long as I am clicking every link. Besides that, nothing prevents people from doing the human awareness test and skipping all those other windows that require some type of action.

I see the links are all visible now for me and I hope that is true for the others. Again I would encourage you to give some instruction when you decide to spring something on people so people know what they are supposed to do.

stompi 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:34 pm   

With this information this test seems to be much less problematic :)
You see, information helps to avoid misunderstandings. This explanation would also be good in the test-sites, that all can read what they are for.

@ jennielynn: look to your profile / Account

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:57 pm   

It will be showed in your profile after 10 tests, and before that always all links are showed.

I know that after some time most will learn to fill only this test and leave the others, so except that it is just an example and will be changed in future.
Last edited by Yarold on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Reply to topic