n00b

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:01 am   

It doesn't sound good to me :neutral:

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:13 am   

okay, you wanted a suggestion...

If your aim is to keep 5 dynasties from closing a circle that keeps other dynasties out....

You can limit the number of alliances that can be shared among dynasties. Allow the dynasties to share only 3 alliances or even 2. After that require that they have a different dynasty.

There is no need to reduce the number of people in each dynasty. Already our rules in MMC keep us close to but above 60. Just4Fun also stays close. The only dynasty really affected in large measure is Real Mini Village. So what do you gain by forcing 40 of their members out? 40 members divides into small numbers with the remaining dynasties. You will not have improved anything for the smaller dynasties.

Your plan of 300 members really does not affect the current alliance structure either. We can keep the group of 5 with 60 members each. As I said before, you will force 40 out of real mini village and the rest of the members can distribute to IMMC. What again have you accomplished?

I think the idea of letting all the small dynasties ally together is great! That will surely help them grow... but it seems to me that is a solution in itself without going to more drastic measures to hurt some of the dynasties.

What is your goal and objective? As pointed out by others, you have some conflicting statements when you say things are going well, but then say they must be changed. You want to change things without knowing how the new alliances will affect anything. Why not give that a trial instead of a knee-jerk reaction on the day it is formed?

Be reasonable. State the real purpose and deal with the real problem, if indeed one does exist. If one does not exist, let things be.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:25 am   

ppj2005 wrote:
okay, you wanted a suggestion...

If your aim is to keep 5 dynasties from closing a circle that keeps other dynasties out....

You can limit the number of alliances that can be shared among dynasties. Allow the dynasties to share only 3 alliances or even 2. After that require that they have a different dynasty.

There is no need to reduce the number of people in each dynasty. Already our rules in MMC keep us close to but above 60. Just4Fun also stays close. The only dynasty really affected in large measure is Real Mini Village. So what do you gain by forcing 40 of their members out? 40 members divides into small numbers with the remaining dynasties. You will not have improved anything for the smaller dynasties.

Your plan of 300 members really does not affect the current alliance structure either. We can keep the group of 5 with 60 members each. As I said before, you will force 40 out of real mini village and the rest of the members can distribute to IMMC. What again have you accomplished?

I think the idea of letting all the small dynasties ally together is great! That will surely help them grow... but it seems to me that is a solution in itself without going to more drastic measures to hurt some of the dynasties.

What is your goal and objective? As pointed out by others, you have some conflicting statements when you say things are going well, but then say they must be changed. You want to change things without knowing how the new alliances will affect anything. Why not give that a trial instead of a knee-jerk reaction on the day it is formed?

Be reasonable. State the real purpose and deal with the real problem, if indeed one does exist. If one does not exist, let things be.

I totaly agree with you!!!!!!

tusseries 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:32 am   

I don´t want to see RMV broken, it´s a nice family with a hundred people working hard everyday. Who must leave the dinasty?

sks 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:34 am   

wow....really really great!!!

after many nice updates like limits or counting clicks now coming the best one....
are you working hard to be better than others? nice we will punish you for that!
let's come together into grey average....

what's that?? way to communism!!
("my neighbour has nice cow....but i won't to have such my own....i want his one will die....")

bah :evil:

sks

p.s. this is a problem: "Error, one of frames didnt load (0)"........... not number of members in dynasties.....

roywilly 
n00b

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:39 am   War?

Hi to all!

By decreasing the numbers in our dynasties, you force us to kick many of our friends.
This would probably start a little war between the admin and the users of this site.
This would without any doubt, lead to lots of people leaving us.
Not good at all.
Please reconsider, and try to find other ways to make small dynasties grow.

RoyWilly
RMV

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:43 am   

sks wrote:
wow....really really great!!!

after many nice updates like limits or counting clicks now coming the best one....
are you working hard to be better than others? nice we will punish you for that!
let's come together into grey average....

what's that?? way to communism!!
("my neighbour has nice cow....but i won't to have such my own....i want his one will die....")

bah :evil:

sks

p.s. this is a problem: "Error, one of frames didnt load (0)"........... not number of members in dynasties.....

Yes my dear shogun slavia , thats the way it goos :sad: but i am sure we find a solution.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 am   

A change to dynasty allies has been made.
There's no longer a limit with 4 allies. You can have more then 5 allies now, but the total amount of members from own dynasty and allies can not be higher then 400.
Check out the dynasty allies page to see how it works.

I hope everyone can live with this change.

lurchman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:03 am   changing dynasty system

Dear Yarold,

I think it is not a good idea to play "god" and take the world in hands and shake it to see what will happen only because you do not like what you created.

Also I wonder how you can take such a decision without involving the members before. At least you could ask or do a poll. But just anouncing it a clear

NO GO

from my side.

Cheers
lurchman :cry:

Join the Real Mini Village Dynasty on Yarold for proud, glory and loyalty. Gain maximum clicks

Braat 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:03 am   

that sounds better. Thanks

Dannic2002 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 3 times
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 am   

Rebecca wrote:
I have to kick 40 LOYAL members out of my dynasty? What kind of a reward is that for doing so well and making good alliances?

Top Cat wrote:
we have always had up to 100 members , evan when the site was down for up to a week and through all that time when it was slow as ****** , our members stayed loyal to this dynasty and the exchange as a whole ,
and this slap in the face is the thanks thay get , :mad:

These opinions might not even get taken into consideration but I'll have a go at voicing them.
Yes I do see how it might be a problem for new dynasties to set up, but I thought the meaning of the site was for a link exchange so people can visit other peoples links.
Does it really matter with the size of the dynasties or allies, just as long as we click other links?

I share the same view with the leaders of my dynasty and support them entirely.
Dan

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:06 am   

What has happened hasnt been because certain dynasties want a monopoly. Its happened because of crap politics. eg, GA wouldnt ally with irish italian mafia or just4fun. Crazy clickers wouldnt ally with just4fun. MMC wouldnt ally with crazy clickers because they wouldnt ally with just4fun etc Im sure you get my drift. But now we have a few dynasties that are willing to work together & we are now the ones that have to make sacrifices because of petty politics. If the so called hard done by dynasties actually worked for the benefit of the site instead of keeping personal agenda's this situation would never have been able to happen. So instead of crippling dynasties & people that can work together, would it not be better for those other dynasties to resolve their issues & start sharing the toys in the sandbox??

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:15 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
What has happened hasnt been because certain dynasties want a monopoly. Its happened because of crap politics. eg, GA wouldnt ally with irish italian mafia or just4fun. Crazy clickers wouldnt ally with just4fun. MMC wouldnt ally with crazy clickers because they wouldnt ally with just4fun etc Im sure you get my drift. But now we have a few dynasties that are willing to work together & we are now the ones that have to make sacrifices because of petty politics. If the so called hard done by dynasties actually worked for the benefit of the site instead of keeping personal agenda's this situation would never have been able to happen. So instead of crippling dynasties & people that can work together, would it not be better for those other dynasties to resolve their issues & start sharing the toys in the sandbox??

Exactly :!:

xron 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:36 am   

I've read this thread several times now and I still can't understand how an arbitrary 60 member dynasty limit helps anyone in the end.

If there are problems now, how does splintering existing dynasties improve the problem(s) you're trying to solve? Especially since these issues haven't been openly named or discussed among the dynasty leaders or active clickers who bothered to join a dynasty and check the forum? Judging from the various reactions here, that's how it appears to me anyway.

If you think breaking up working dynasties up will mean there will be more leaders for smaller dynasties I think you'll be sadly disappointed, because leaders appear only when they're needed and there are enough new people to support a healthy new dynasty, not by fiat. Also, a new dynasty will grow only when like-minded people coalesce into a community.While it's true that there is a lot of work leaders do that many regular members don't see (or care to know) that's needed to maintain and grow the dynasty, once a dynasty becomes established, regular members as a whole begin to hold the community together too, because they've found their home. So, how does removing members from their dynasties help other dynasties grow or become stronger even if the evicted members move over? That's a whole lot of disruption and frustration. I can't speak for others, but this site would become much less appealing if I was forced out of RMV. I make the time to come here because I like the people there. I keep my average up the best I can out of loyalty and because of the hard work and time everyone has invested into growing the dynasty since I joined back when it was in 5th or 6th place.

Also, I don't have to tell any Admin or emp/1st that there's even more work involved in attracting dedicated members, and working with other leaders to form good alliances. Sometimes it's so much {thankless) work that it's hard to justify the time and effort at times until you see how far you and your community has come, so why reward all this hard work and dedication by forcing them to choose who stays or leaves?

If you want stronger dynasties, let the people who have become successful in growing their dynasty mentor the newer emps/1sts. I've read and been told that it's been done in the past. RMV and some of the groups that came after are proof that larger dynasties do help incubate new ones and do remember the help they got when they were not so big themselves.

Now, if you're a smaller or medium dynasty who is having trouble keeping or attracting alliances it might not be because you are smaller but because you both need to work together better. Do your members keep your links hidden? Do you remember to keep rivalries friendly with your allies? Your allies remember when you help one of their own members just as you would your own.

Finally, like in any extended family there are misunderstandings that crop up from time to time. If you think everything is fine otherwise, maybe it's time to talk to your allies to clear the air. After you talk to your allies, take a look to see if your own crew has a clear sense of what you want them to do and welcome any constructive criticism from them.

Same goes for Admin / Dynasty relations.

Edit:
How about some Admin carrot to get all those pages and pages of non-dynasty members to join?

purplemkayel 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:44 am   

I like the idea that you can have more than 4 allies and that the number of allies is only restricted by the upper limit of total alliance members. Nice change :)

I think I understand why lowering the dynasty member number may be a good idea... as excited as everyone was when it was raised to 100, currently there really is only 1 dynasty that stays up around 100 members.

In my opinion dropping dynasty membership to 60 and ally membership to 300 is a little extreme. If a drop is required, I would suggest an initial drop to 80 dynasty members and 400 ally membership, with a 'wait and see' attitude. With a little sharing of members around the 'top dynasties' will keep their membership fairly intact and the smaller dynasties will still get a chance to grow and show what they're made of.

A dynasty becomes a little like a family and allies like an extended family, so I feel for the dynasties affected negatively by this change.

Just my humble opinion :)

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:04 am   

purplemaykel, how are you going to like the new change when your only allowed to have 300 members total in you dynasty & allies??

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:05 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
purplemaykel, how are you going to like the new change when your only allowed to have 300 members total in you dynasty & allies??

it's 400!

purplemkayel 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 am   

DemonicJ wrote:

DemonicJ, I did say
Quote:
In my opinion dropping dynasty membership to 60 and ally membership to 300 is a little extreme.

In other words I don't like the idea, more for the affect it has on the current large dynasties, rather than any future affect on The Untouchables, because the affect is in the future. I'm just one member posting my opinion.

NoT City 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:29 am   

Well i think it's not fair for new members of a dynasty!
They have to show what they are able to click a day.
But if a dynasty got only 60 Slots it's rarely impossible to join, because 59 Slots are stuffed with the old folks!

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:47 am   

Eurul wrote:
DemonicJ wrote:

it's 400!

It is 400, but the site owner is talking about reducing it to 300!!

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.