SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Questions, Please Help
radicalrom 
n00b

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:15 pm   Questions, Please Help

First, I read the tutorial and I understand how you earn credits and yes I did do a few searches to find my answers to my questions, but I am still at a loss for the following questions. If these have been covered, feel free to point me in the right direction and I can dig up the answers.

1. I understand the page for links shows the top 50. How do users find my link if I am not in the top 50?

2. I saw someone post about the timing that the links reset and you should be on when that happens. Why should you be on when it resets?

3. I see a timer counting down at the top of the page for certain links, does that mean for that domain cna not be clicked until that timer is down to 0?

4. Without trying to spaming, I have my link: ????.myminicity.com in my profile, is that correct (of course the ??? is were my city name is) format? Why I ask is I see my credits going down, but when I check the city no numbers are going up.

5. In the profile I have it setup as use handle: Yes and visibility is checked for dynasty and main. Is that correct?

6. I clicked joined dynasty and then I clicked dynasty, but it says I am not setup. How long or what does it take to get the dynasty setup.

7. In my history on people that have clicked on my link, how did these people find my link?

8. I see that a dynasty costs less per click, but what are the other advantages? Do you see more links to click on?

9. Some people under "Link" column it is blank, I do not understand why would it be blank. Also sometimes it shows <Limit> or something like that, does that mean ther person is at 0 credits?

I am sorry for all the questions, but I have tried to find these answers and I am out of luck.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question or point me in the right direction.

RadicalROM

Superdark 
Gamer

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:32 pm   

radicalrom wrote:
First, I read the tutorial and I understand how you earn credits and yes I did do a few searches to find my answers to my questions, but I am still at a loss for the following questions. If these have been covered, feel free to point me in the right direction and I can dig up the answers.

1. I understand the page for links shows the top 50. How do users find my link if I am not in the top 50?

2. I saw someone post about the timing that the links reset and you should be on when that happens. Why should you be on when it resets?

3. I see a timer counting down at the top of the page for certain links, does that mean for that domain cna not be clicked until that timer is down to 0?

4. Without trying to spaming, I have my link: ????.myminicity.com in my profile, is that correct (of course the ??? is were my city name is) format? Why I ask is I see my credits going down, but when I check the city no numbers are going up.

5. In the profile I have it setup as use handle: Yes and visibility is checked for dynasty and main. Is that correct?

6. I clicked joined dynasty and then I clicked dynasty, but it says I am not setup. How long or what does it take to get the dynasty setup.

7. In my history on people that have clicked on my link, how did these people find my link?

8. I see that a dynasty costs less per click, but what are the other advantages? Do you see more links to click on?

9. Some people under "Link" column it is blank, I do not understand why would it be blank. Also sometimes it shows <Limit> or something like that, does that mean ther person is at 0 credits?

I am sorry for all the questions, but I have tried to find these answers and I am out of luck.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question or point me in the right direction.

RadicalROM

Correct me, anyone, if i am wrong on these.

1. After they have clicked the top 50, they refresh the page and it shows a new set of 50. If you are in a dynasty your link will be shown there and thus you will be clicked from dynasty.

2. If people have a low amount of credits, (usually) if you get on at reset you can click them before they run completely out of credits, thus there are more links to click.

3. Correct.

4. I am not sure exactly what you're asking, so i am not sure about an answer.

5. If you want your link to show up on the dynasty page AND on the regular link exchange, then yes.

6. Someone should make you a peasant when they see you are joining so you may click links in the dynasty page. You cannot click any dynasty links until they have done so.

7. They either found it in the regular link exchange, you clicked them and they found it in the history, or you are in a dynasty and they found it there.

8. There are more links to click, more people to click yours, etc.

9. Its probably blank because you clicked them less than 24 hours ago. Limit is 50 links per page, so you have to refresh it to click more (after cilcking some).

I hope that answers most of your questions.

radicalrom 
n00b

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:53 pm   

Superdark wrote:
radicalrom wrote:

RadicalROM

Correct me, anyone, if i am wrong on these.

1. After they have clicked the top 50, they refresh the page and it shows a new set of 50. If you are in a dynasty your link will be shown there and thus you will be clicked from dynasty.

2. If people have a low amount of credits, (usually) if you get on at reset you can click them before they run completely out of credits, thus there are more links to click.

3. Correct.

4. I am not sure exactly what you're asking, so i am not sure about an answer.

5. If you want your link to show up on the dynasty page AND on the regular link exchange, then yes.

6. Someone should make you a peasant when they see you are joining so you may click links in the dynasty page. You cannot click any dynasty links until they have done so.

7. They either found it in the regular link exchange, you clicked them and they found it in the history, or you are in a dynasty and they found it there.

8. There are more links to click, more people to click yours, etc.

9. Its probably blank because you clicked them less than 24 hours ago. Limit is 50 links per page, so you have to refresh it to click more (after cilcking some).

I hope that answers most of your questions.

Thank you for your response. In regards to question 4, I am just asking on the profile/links page I have the link cityname.minicity.com or whatever that is and I was just asking is that how I should have it? I would assume you could put /ind, etc. right? Why I ask is I looked at a hyperlink and it says minicity1 which is odd because most of them are minicity links. I just want to make sure everything is working correctly because honestly I look on the minicity and see nothing new.

Thank you again for your help.

MaMegakiller
Gamer

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:20 pm   

Quote:

If your handle is on yes the program looks up what link should be when it's clicked . for example your ind is low ( negative) it will give you only ind so your population is not going up at that time. The handle will change every 2 houres or so. If you don't like this you can set your handle on NO but you have to change your link in what you need at that time If you put it only on pop your inhabitants will leave if there's no work or to much criminal. I just leave it on yes because if i get a lot of ind what I don't need at that time I can use it in the future. It's the same with sec, env , tra
If you just started a city it's better to set the handle on No and if you have the next link to put in you can do it yourself and keep everything on +. If you have enough pop and more links to use you can set the handle on YES. You also can see more information if you put your mouse on [I] next to the handle. Here you can see howmuch negetives there are.

Good luck Lady_of_Darkness

Reply to topic