SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Last update
red oak 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 1
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:27 pm   

OK, do I understand it correctly? If I put for example /ind in my MMC link & choose 'none' in the handle, does it mean that all received clicks will give me ind?

Profile looks nice and is well organized, thank you

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:55 pm   

red oak wrote:
OK, do I understand it correctly? If I put for example /ind in my MMC link & choose 'none' in the handle, does it mean that all received clicks will give me ind?

Yes it will.

osdragon 
n00b

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:09 pm   

Just so I'm absolutely clear on this. If I add the extension on my mini city link such as /ind, /tra, etc. and choose 'none' on Use Handle a person's click will go exactly where I want it. But if I set Use Handle on 'mmc', then it smart links and puts the extension where it is needed most?

red oak 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 1
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:17 pm   

Metalteo wrote:
red oak wrote:

Yes it will.

Thank you Metalteo, sounds good

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:27 pm   

osdragon wrote:
Just so I'm absolutely clear on this. If I add the extension on my mini city link such as /ind, /tra, etc. and choose 'none' on Use Handle a person's click will go exactly where I want it. But if I set Use Handle on 'mmc', then it smart links and puts the extension where it is needed most?

Yep, that's how it works.

lurchman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:45 pm   

Yarold wrote:
dddddddddd wrote:
all MMC links are called MyMiniCity are we not allowed to see what city we are clicking on ?

There ya go: Image, but it will make pages to load slower.

Missing / is a little bug of todays update, it is missing only in mmc links, also site generates working link to your cites despite missing /.

Thanks for the update. I think in general it is well done and very good features implemented giving everybody the freedom to choose how they want to have the links react. (perhaps besides fact we cannot see the mmc links which we do not want to click, but OK the is moaning on a high level :lol:

Is there a general thread with a detailed explenation of all features in the profile?

Thanks for an advice, was searching on the tooltips thing but could not find an entry.

Cheers
lurchman

Join the Real Mini Village Dynasty on Yarold for proud, glory and loyalty. Gain maximum clicks

spurs-talkers
[Deleted]

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:09 am   

Excellent update, thanks for your continued dedication to making the site a better place.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:15 am   

Lurchman,

If you set the extra tooltips to yes, then when you hover over MMC link you will see the name of the city.

If you set handle to yes it makes you link a smart link, directing clicks to what is needed most for your minicity. if you have it set to no, you have to manually change the link for what you want

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:32 am   

Don't get me wrong: I think the handle is great, but I was just wondering how often does the system updates the statistics of your minicity which the handle uses to determine what is needed most?

The reason I am asking this is because I turned the handle on to see if it can really make my life easier :razz: and a big 2 hours ago I needed tra so the handle started giving me tra. But right now it's still giving me tra while in the past 2 hours there were so many tra clicks that I have enough of that for at least another 250 habitants. But still it is nog changing it in something else that I need more, like e.g. sec.
So to stop the tra input I now turned the handle off and switched back to manually telling the system what I need and want.

Any more explanation on this, would be highly appreciated :smile:

spurs-talkers
[Deleted]

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:19 pm   

Nothing to see here, move along
Last edited by spurs-talkers on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:23 pm   

shh wrong button

likeabox 
n00b

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:44 pm   

I just have to say... The profile page is looking very good lately. :grin:

yvonne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:36 am   

I like the new update

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:28 am   

How often does this site check the stats for MyMiniCity?

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Reply to topic