SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Happy "Hour" extra links
bella
Gamers Alliance mod

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:24 pm   Happy "Hour" extra links

Hi All,

So the question is, what do we do about Happy "hour"?
(For those of you who don't understand what I mean - each night at 11pm Dutch time, we set extra links so we can all click more and have higher averages).

The problem being that less and less people are actually setting links, and more and more people are simply showing up to click and not participating. Of course we can't force people to show their links or stop them from clicking our if we show them. But we are getting sick of being "credit farms".

So what do we do?

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:34 pm   

get rid of the ability to hide links in dynasty for a start. Make it if they want to hide links in dynasty they have to delete their link altogether (means they cant click anyone then!)

I took a look at the amount of hidden links at Server time: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 23:22:31 (during happy hour I might add)

Here is what I found

MMC Mob 4/71 hidden, 6% hidden links
IIM 24/75 hidden 32% hidden (WOW)
Crazy Clickers 8/46 hidden links for 17% hidden
Gamers Alliance 9/45 hidden for 20% hidden
Untouchables 7/29 hidden 24% hidden

I dont understand why people are in dynasties if they are going to hide links!

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Cheeta 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:36 pm   

I think its very simple, it was fun while it last and we better stop it.

Lets just make this a Happy Clicking site :)
Last edited by Cheeta on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total  

OLD HIPPY 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:41 pm   

Is there a way to sit the game so that only people with mulitible links showing turning that time can get credits for the clicks? If not I say do away with it all together!! Your never going to get all people to be fair about it. Sad to say

bella
Gamers Alliance mod

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 pm   

Hidden links is a separate issue. We could also talk about how some people never have any credits, which can be equally as frustrating.

As it works now, to be able to click, you do need to have a link set. Only VIPS can remain hidden. (VIPS are people with a blue star who have donated to the site).

At the moment, when people do click their links will appear in history, unless they delete them completely from their profile. Frankly those who do that annoy me a lot more.

But back to happy hour....

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:44 pm   

i thought this was a click site and not a game..people only do it to get higher averages so they can say this dynasty is better than that dynasty...you can disagree with that but it is true...if wasnt true why the bogus links from most of the people...i say kill happy hour...lucky if i make it 2 times a week

bella
Gamers Alliance mod

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:51 pm   

Maybe there is something that can be done. I'm not technical though so I don't know what is involved, how long it would take, how tricky it would be, or whether it is worth it.

Maybe it is just time to stop it. We did have fun but there are too many people now who'd rather just take than participate.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:54 pm   

Im in favour of ditching it. As Wolverines says, its a means where some dynasties do farm to improve their averages. Its a click exchange site, some go out of their way to help others & some go out of their way to help themselves

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:00 am   

well some do show multi links during the day one at a time..some games are different than other like WBG u can get guys/turns form someone 12 hours after they clicked the first time..so people in WBG usually show link multiple times per day

bella
Gamers Alliance mod

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:01 am   

I'll check back on this later, so keep your comments coming in so we get as many people's opinions as possible.

(I'm at work at the moment and this doesn't look like work. Don't want to get busted! :mrgreen: )

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:02 am   

Maybe it's time to get rite of the whole avg ranking system for dynasties and replace it with another ranking system.

In my opion it doesn't mean anything anymore, with happy hours and the transfering to lazy clickers that are awarded for not clicking and do recieve a lot of free clicks.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Metalteo on Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total  

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:02 am   

wolverines wrote:
well some do show multi links during the day one at a time..some games are different than other like WBG u can get guys/turns form someone 12 hours after they clicked the first time..so people in WBG usually show link multiple times per day

there should be a provision in yarolds for games that can be clicked every 12 hours

Last edited by DemonicJ on Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total  

Summery 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:03 am   

Think that those that still want happy hour, make that choice to participate, knowing that other's will come in and click, and not always show a link of their own. It's done all throughout the day and night, happy hour isn't any different.

Nobody should be made to feel like they have to participate, and not everyone coming in to click know there's happy hour. For all the regulars, there's tons of new people that come and go and aren't aware of what is going on, and most importantly, not everyone can afford the credits to participate.

Forget about your average, I've always just wanted to see people come in here and faithfully click on a daily basis, whether it was 50 links, 100, or 200+ - I just want people participating in clicking links!

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:07 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
bella wrote:
I'll check back on this later, so keep your comments coming in so we get as many people's opinions as possible.

(I'm at work at the moment and this doesn't look like work. Don't want to get busted! :mrgreen: )

there should be a provision in yarolds for games that can be clicked every 12 hours

Please stay on topic, post suggestions in the suggestion forums.

PS. you have a point there

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:10 am   

Metalteo wrote:
Maybe it's time to get rite of the whole avg ranking system for dynasties and replace it with another ranking system.

In my opion it doesn't mean anything anymore, with happy hours and the transfering to lazy clickers that are awarded for not clicking and do recieve a lot of free clicks.

Just my 2 cents.

HOw exactly does the current dynasty average system work?

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:16 am   

DemonicJ wrote:

HOw exactly does the current dynasty average system work?

It counts the average clicks you make a day by clicking members of your dynasty and allies.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:21 am   

Dynasty averages & how better to measure them could be a whole new topic!

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:29 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
Dynasty averages & how better to measure them could be a whole new topic!

I know this is about happy hour, that has been started by users, to inprove their avg.

With the happy hour can can come online for 5 minutes a day at 23:00 hours server time. Click a lot of links, there's plenty at tme and get a decent avg to prevent you from getting kicked from the dynasty. You're credits will go into negatives, but who cares?

firemanden 
Gamers Alliance mod

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:33 am   

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with Metalteo.
After all this is a click exchange and not a game unto itself.
Happy hour is just a medium for people to boost their average.
We also have those that come on for happy hour, show their links for under 5 minutes, and click away on those that do show their links.

Change the average system and if you are in a dynasty give 1 credit for each click to bring the scoring system on a par with the "link exchange".
This might generate a better quality of clicker in the Dynasties as their are people who do not join dynasties because in fact you are being disadvantaged.

Den.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:01 am   HH

Last edited by Ferrari on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Reply to topic