SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
php problem
swttch
n00b

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:54 am   php problem

On several of the links, (lazzby-www.crownofchaos.com, blackkie-world1.criminalsrpg.net, fika-Samurai War 2, Lady_of_Darkness-www.phantasyrpg.com, stulax18-www.outragerp.com) when the click is supposed to be counted, I get a download message for a php file, which i cananot open, and no credit is given for the click. wassup? the CRIMES links are not loading, either.

Immortal43
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:22 am   

umm yeah, yarold, you might reallllly want to take these links down for a while, this is a MAJOR security issue...
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in Heaven." -- Matthew 10:32

"I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me" -- Philippians 4:13

Thanatos
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:11 am   

Links affected earlier are now going through ok - new links are being affected. :(

Immortal43
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:46 am   

The link to this thread was giving me the problem. I don't think it's a problem with your code, i think someone is tampering.

i got in here to post this another way, but yeah
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in Heaven." -- Matthew 10:32

Immortal43
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:19 am   

I changed computers and am not getting the pop-ups anymore...i cleared the cookies on the other computer and no page will open. Maybe it's a problem with your cookies...

problem is soley on FF too. Which leads to me think there's a possibility that it's a glitche instead of tampering, but i'm still leaning towards tampering involving cookies

bella
Gamers Alliance mod

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:56 am   

i don't think it is browser related as it has also been occuring on internet explorer.

We need Yarold to look into this.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:16 pm   

It's the weirdest glitch I've seen on this site. It's not browser, user or link type related.

We try to sort it out asap.

Immortal43
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:40 pm   

Yeah, it's also the worst security breach the site has ever had, I'd have yarold change the pw or accesability to the server and ftp, and also check in his headers and includes to make sure none of them have been tampered with...

MaMegakiller
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:42 pm   

first i had the same problem on a few sites First with history and then with frames and an other time with login. Now I can't login to yarold with Mozilla at all.(It ask me what do do with the file php) With explorer the same problem so now and then
I hope you find the problem soon Good luck

MaMegakiller
Gamer

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:03 am   

I'm using windows XP with several accounts. loged in with my account i couldn't get login to yarold. But with another account ( on my pc) I could!
After deleting the historyfiles from yesterday on my own account it was possible to login again on my own account! deleting internetfiles and cookies didn't do the trick
Goto documents and settings ... user ... local settings.... history
Maybe this will help some ppl to login again

Grz Lady_of_Darkness

mystery_mx
n00b

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:27 am   

MaMegakiller wrote:
first i had the same problem on a few sites First with history and then with frames and an other time with login. Now I can't login to yarold with Mozilla at all.(It ask me what do do with the file php) With explorer the same problem so now and then
I hope you find the problem soon Good luck

i am having this prob too. whenever i go to yarold.ath.cx/swle/login.php, a download pops up for login.php. I was using Firefox, and i tried everything. Nothing worked. Then, i uninstalled it, and installed ie 7. after like 10 more tries on ie 7, it is working now.

Please fix the problem.

PaPPy
n00b

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:19 am   

not much has been release as a security problem
yes the table names and the coding has been viewed

but alot still isnt known
like what is in the include.php section

yes some people can see the code and launch some attacks. but its happened in the past and im sure the site has had measures set up in advanced

on, what could be having this problem, well even if someone downloads a php page, the server will still process the php code. but in this case the server isnt seeing the php code. something u can do is look into disabling downloading of pages, or images, i think its called leech protection, as a temp fix

but as the root of the problem
it seems like the php process is getting overloaded, by too many requests and shutting down, this could be a ddos or a buffer over flow, see what version yall have and make sure its current, if not patch/upgrade

other than that, thats all i can think of
hope the problem is resolved soon

now its happening on logout, and login pages, and index page
i cant even login without it offering me the login.php page

Thanatos
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:07 pm   

Also interesting to note: I got the php.file on a link on the main page - Yet can click the SAME link in history or dynasty page without getting it. Very strange.... :shock:

All we can do is work around it until Yarold has a chance to check what's going on.

Immortal43
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 pm   

PaPPy wrote:
not much has been release as a security problem
yes the table names and the coding has been viewed

but alot still isnt known
like what is in the include.php section

yes some people can see the code and launch some attacks. but its happened in the past and im sure the site has had measures set up in advanced

on, what could be having this problem, well even if someone downloads a php page, the server will still process the php code. but in this case the server isnt seeing the php code. something u can do is look into disabling downloading of pages, or images, i think its called leech protection, as a temp fix

but as the root of the problem
it seems like the php process is getting overloaded, by too many requests and shutting down, this could be a ddos or a buffer over flow, see what version yall have and make sure its current, if not patch/upgrade

other than that, thats all i can think of
hope the problem is resolved soon

now its happening on logout, and login pages, and index page
i cant even login without it offering me the login.php page

This is one of the slower times for the site, in the past we have had as many as 100+ members on most of every day, so unless some change has been made to his server host, unintentional overloading shouldn't be a problem...

Which, after saying that, it is entirely possible that the host he uses has downgraded their servers, overloading their own servers or he has donwgraded his plan...But i wouldn't think so...

So that would sort of lead to saying that either this is NOT unintentional overloading, or this isnt' the problem at all. If the site is actually still suseptical to Denial of Service attacks, then he's basically in the stone age lol, but i would doubt that...

As to the actual problem, i don't really know, but i wish he'd fix it soon enough.

PaPPy
n00b

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:34 pm   

was just throwing that out there... *crawls back to his hole*

Immortal43
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:47 am   

PaPPy wrote:
was just throwing that out there... *crawls back to his hole*

no no no, was a great suggestion and it's clear you have a good amount of insight and knowledge so don't think i was raggin on ya lol :)

Yarolds redirects now to a new server, so i have to assume it was a server problem, though this BB is still on the old server and i'm still getting the d/ls so yeah.

mystery_mx
n00b

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:20 am   

yay! its working for me now. they changed servers right?

Reply to topic