SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Proxies
Pariah
Gamer

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:42 pm   Proxies

Okay...i just got broadband...came in to click and it said that proxies arn't alowed...i'd opened 12 links before i realised and i don't know how i did it but i'm very sorry...i was not intentional...if someone could please help me i'd love to get back to clicking...

eveilsor
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:39 pm   

broadband isn't a proxy!?

or do you mean you accessed a proxy to click and you are now banned? If you aren't banned then just carry on clicking! (just dont use a proxy)

Thanatos
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:24 pm   

If you're using AOL - then for some reason it shows up as a proxy. Pm one of the mods to find out exact reason. (don't know if AOL has broadband). Try using firefox when possible.

TranceZ64
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:54 pm   

Yeah, what's your name on the exchange? It sounds like you were auto-banned by the system. That'de be bad, seeing as you need Yarold around to unban you (Who I haven't seen around in a long time).

Anyway, the name "Pariah" dosen't exist, so just post it and I'll confirm if something's wrong.

Pariah
Gamer

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:36 pm   

Pariah aka Paulie...i haven't been banned. It was only one page that came up with "We think your using a proxie" but i didn't want to keep clicking. However one planetbattle ground and mediwar link opened up okay...but i didn't want to even go on TDoT just incase the broadband installation C.D had changed some numbers, and it's not that far fetched to think that i might have done it by accident...some might remember me talking to Jamillio123 trying to figure out proxies for the free point offers...exept that at the end jamillio found out that i was using dial up, he was trying to teach me for broadband...my firefox prefs bar has proxies turned off, and i don't use AOL...i could have stayed on after the message...:) but in all honasty i don't think i've ever left a website quicker then i did yesterday...i think i've mentioned everything, but i haven't been auto-banned.

Edit: Against my better judgement i came back on...started clicking...and nothing, no problems whatsoever...no talk of proxies at all...it must have been an isolated incedent.
Last edited by Pariah on Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total  

TranceZ64
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:45 pm   

Oh. That just means you won't be able to click all of the links. I'm not sure how to turn it, you might want to play around with it. If your still haveing problems you should contact your ISP about it...

Pariah
Gamer

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:04 am   

:D Well the links work so i don't think i'll play with any of it, some of you guys might be tech leet but i'm not...i think that more then any other factor i'd just got broadband and i hadn't restarted after doing everything for it...but it's for the win now.

As for my ISP...there a bunch of 'damned fools' (Insert Mr T voice) i've found more comprihensive help on the bottom of food jars...

:D Thank you all for replying to my post.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.