FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Dynasty banner
Maahes
n00b

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:29 am   Dynasty banner

Hey everyone.

Now my problem is a bit odd.
For the past days I've been trying to upload a banner to the Dynasty and keep running into the same problem, it gets removed, and that probably because the banner is too large.
Alright, I try to fix that and shrink the banner, heck I've even got a version as small as 300x50, but every time I set it up, it blows up to a size which not only takes up too much space, but is hideous as well.
I've been days trying to fix this, and quite frankly, I've never ran into this kind of problem before.
So to all of you that have a reasonable sized banner out there or directly to admins, what gives?

Thanks,

~Maahes
Dream Doctors

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:18 am   

I may be WAYYYY off base here but this was the info Metalteo gave me for the Irish-Italian Mafia banner

From Metalteo
Quote:
Best size for a banner is 500x80.

If you make the height higher then 80 the side will reduce it and the banner will be smaller. Most ppl use 1024x768.

and...
Quote:
best size for the banner would be 500x80 pixels

With the 1024x768 I was talking about the resolution for your screen. I think some people don't understand that 1 in my first post. Resent polls showed that more then 50% of internet users has that resolution.

I hope this helps?? :) Good Luck and cheers

eveilsor
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:59 am   

I was going to help you out then but then when I went to look for your Dream Doctors banner I see that you have removed it! :roll:

Try putting a link to it in this thread and put the [ i m g ] [ / i m g ] tag around it (minus the spaces of course) and then we can see if it does it again.

the only thing I can think of as to why your banner may be ballooning up is because perhaps you have saved the dpi above 96dpi. Standard dpi for web images is 72dpi and 96dpi is standard for monitors. If your banner has been saved in a resolution higher than this that may be why it seems to be ballooning out of shape! I'd have to see the image file to know for sure though.

Hope that helps :)

Maahes
n00b

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:18 pm   

Thanks for the tips guys, but I'm still having the same problem.

You asked for my banner here?
sure thing
gif format:

jpeg format:

eveilsor
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:21 pm   

I have no idea what is wrong with your image but I re-saved it and uploaded it to a photobucket account and it works now...try this:

http://i20.photobucket.co...ors/DD26new.jpg

btw I tested it on yarolds in place of our current Untouchables banner and it works! It puts it on at the correct size! Must be something dodgy with how you saved your file!

Maahes
n00b

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:50 pm   

Thanks alot man. :D

But it still blows up :evil:
I'd really like to understand this... :roll:

eveilsor
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:19 pm   

well i put the link from the image i made, into my alliances image slot and it doesn't blow up when i go to the dynasty page...

the properties for the image say it is 610px by 80px, but it isn't. I think there must be something wrong with the html code in your dynasty frame, and thats something the site admins will have to change. it works fine on your individual dynasty page but on the page that lists them all there mnust be something in the coding of your frame that exapnds the image to fit the fram or something, or has a multiplier in it. I can't see the source code for it though so maybe it's in php or something. I only ever used html before so you'll just have to ask the admins what is going on!

sorry i couldn't be more help :(

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.