SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
history vs. other pages
buckwheat88
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:26 pm   history vs. other pages

Is it possible for normal users to have more links showing on the main page than in the history or is that an admin-special power?

eveilsor
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:06 pm   

surely you can only see links on the main page if someone has enabled it in their user profile!? :shock:

If admins can see everyones links on the main page then that would be highly inappropriate and extremely unfair. :roll:

mayhem 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:02 pm   

Don't really understand what your question is but links will only show on the main page if the user has thier link showing on the main exchange and has enough credits. What on earth makes you beleive admins have this special power that lets them see all the users and thier links on the main exchange? That's just one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:20 am   

admins (at least yarold) i think can see the links in profiles of the users...but they don't show in history, main page or dynasty page unless you want it too and they can't click your link unless it is on one of three pages mentioned??

I also do not quite understand this question? If I understand Buckwheat...he is actually talking about admin powers (used ony as a term) for "normal users" and...if a player has more on main page then shows in history, it means he deleted a link or two after he had enough clicks?? maybe?? But both should not happen at same time.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:54 pm   

I'm not sure if I understand the question either, so I would like it to be explained. I just hope it isn't what I think it is.

buckwheat88
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:11 pm   

The way I meant it is having one (or 2 or 3) links showing in history and have 2 (or 3 or 4) links showing on the main page. Like say I don't want to have a certain link show in my history but I want it to show on the dynasty or main page. I noticed admins have this power and I was just wondering if other users are able to utilize this power.
If this is possible, cool, maybe I'll use this when SW Original starts, if not, oh well, guess I won't.

mayhem 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:29 pm   

Regular users cannot hide links from the history page.

http://yarold.ath.cx/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=616

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:41 pm   

buckwheat88 wrote:
The way I meant it is having one (or 2 or 3) links showing in history and have 2 (or 3 or 4) links showing on the main page. Like say I don't want to have a certain link show in my history but I want it to show on the dynasty or main page. I noticed admins have this power and I was just wondering if other users are able to utilize this power.
If this is possible, cool, maybe I'll use this when SW Original starts, if not, oh well, guess I won't.

That's not for admins, that's for VIPs. All users with a blue start can do that. Mods (goldstars) and admins are VIPs too ofcourse. Why do we make announcement if users don't read them?

buckwheat88
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:41 pm   

Ah yes, forgot about that. My noob moment for the day. Thanks for clearing things up.
*Edit because metalteo responded as I was typing*
That post was made in March of 2004, do you remember everything from March of 2004? Why make a support section if everytime someone asks for support you're going to flame them?

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:18 pm   

You make a topic that make people think admins are abusing powers and complain about being flamed?

LMAO

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.