SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Report games that need their timer changed here!
sara
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:04 am   

I get this quite a lot too.

It is the result of more than one person trying to click the same MOMT link within one minute.

If you wait the time it says, then reload the link by clicking in the address bar and hitting enter, it will refresh and you can then try again. Providing no-one else has clicked the link in the meantime it will then work.

But it appears that you don't need to wait between clicking different people's MOMT links. Having said that, I don't think 1 minute is too long to wait.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:10 pm   

Timers for MOMT aren't that long, they are set at 80 sec.

I would like to hear what MOMT players have to say about it, before I change the timer for their links.

Olala
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:16 pm   I think it's nice the way it is...

I am a momt player... And i don't think oyu should put the timer anymore down because then some people maybe don't click them selves further... Do you see my point here...? I lose enough credits as it is every day from not completed clicks...
Olala

Ambrosius
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:27 pm   

I think the timer can be put to about 60 seconds. This should give people more than enough time to click the "click here to continue" button.

The real problem however is that people usually don't wait when somebody has beaten them to the click in the past 60 seconds ( a MoMT link can only be clicked once every 60 seconds).

this day my link got clicked 240 times and only 150 of them came through. This happens every day.

I do get my 150 clicks each day (max for MoMT), but it is a lot of work to keep my credits up this way.

Zeke_xa3
Gamer

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:37 am   

unfortunatly i do not think there is anything that can be done about this. I know nothing about programming but im pretty sure that the only way ro prevent this would be if yarold could hid every momt link for 60 secs after it has been clciked and even then people refreshing at the same time nad other clicks on that link will still cause problems. We have to rely on people being honset and if they cant click, clicking later on. I open all my clicks in separate tabs on my browser and if it doesnt work once ive finshed with yarold i shut yarlod site down and refresh as many as i can, then i change my IP and click some again if they still dont go through.

shotgunna
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:48 pm   

Be careful with your credit, only show your link when you're online and try to join a dynasty and ONLY click the dynasty and stuffs and ONLY show the dynasty the link. I make a lot more credits then I lose each day.

Immortal43
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:49 pm   

For MOMT links, i hardly think it matters how high or low the timer is set. If people aren't going to click continue, they just aren't going to click continue.
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in Heaven." -- Matthew 10:32

"I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me" -- Philippians 4:13

shotgunna
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:07 pm   

WW3 Online needs timer changed. There really isn't no timer. So 15 seconds like darkwars links of 30 seconds like any other link is good.

Immortal43
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:31 am   

This may not be well liked...but if you click multiple links at once, as i do on firefox, For mediwar links, if you wait until one of them passes the ''click counted'' timer and loads, then click the appropriate number, another one has already began loading so u can't send that link properly...

So i suggest raising the click timer for Mediwar a tad.
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in Heaven." -- Matthew 10:32

Thanatos
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:36 am   

MediWar just did a reset, which means lots of people on-line right now causing it to go slow. It's part of Skylights cheat check to have the number change mid-way. You have to wait until the second number shows up before you click. Fortunately its not a long wait if you click the wrong number. :roll:

Immortal43
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:47 am   

That's not really what i'm saying. I meant that if one of the links loads in yarolds, by the time i get to click on the link, another one is already loading which means i can't give that link a click, cause I get the ''please wait'' thing. Ugh, not sure how to explain, but it doesn't ahve anything to do with the game, just more to do with the load time here on yarolds.

Thanatos
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:35 am   

Ok, now I understand what you mean. Resetting the timer to 30 seconds or 45 seconds wouldn't bother me. I'm usually bouncing from link to link anyway due to different timers. By the way, I use Mozilla and get the second number show up, My daughter uses IE on hers and it doesn't do that. Has something to do with the way Mozilla saves page views. :shock:

pokecal
n00b

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:29 am   

Streetracingwar doesn't need a timer either. I play this game also. :D

http://www.thedawnoftime.com/recruit.php?id=3148
http://www.thugbuilder.net

Batezou
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:33 pm   

i play Darkthrone
it doesnt have any timer :)
even 1sec is good :P

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:45 pm   

please only ask for games that do have a timer.

Darkthrone is already on a 10 seconds timer.

Jokerz
n00b

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:58 pm   

any chance for WW3 links get that toolbar @ the bottom for loading, "visit this site" etc so that for like 15 secs to pass the "cheater check" load, cause the people seem to close it before the cheater check..

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:19 pm   

no, it wont go pass the cheater check at all, if they load in a frame.

way.2.1337
Gamer

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:20 pm   

www.thecocktailbar.net 's timer can be lowered to like 10 seconds.

way.2.1337
Gamer

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:51 am   

www.phantasyrpg.com 's timer can be put down also.

reaper69
Gamer

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:27 am   

Im pretty sure that thedawnoftime.come has almost no timer...

Only limitation i know of is clicking the same link in 24 hours...which is the same for almoste every game right?

5 minutes is defienitely excessive...we click each others link in game,one after another,and we always get credit...i think there may be a limit how many links 1 ip can click though...

I dont think there is a timer though.

Reply to topic