SWLE
Link exchange

Banned accounts - Am i banned?

leslieme - Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:40 am
Post subject: Am i banned?
I can't login. I get the error message connections from this IP are forbidden. I have a VPN , is that considered a proxy? I'm confused. Some help would be nice.

Edit: Okay so I disabled my VPN on yarolds and was able to login, so I guess that was it? Some clarification would be cool though.

Gale - Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Well Im not an admin so this might not be it, but with a dynamic IP address you sometimes might get an address that is banned by Yarolds. I assume since you where able to get on once you disabled it that was the problem. Nothing to worry about though ^^ But yeah thats just my guess
leslieme - Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Gale wrote:
Well Im not an admin so this might not be it, but with a dynamic IP address you sometimes might get an address that is banned by Yarolds. I assume since you where able to get on once you disabled it that was the problem. Nothing to worry about though ^^ But yeah thats just my guess

Thank you very much Gale for your reply, I appreciate it! :grin:

DemonicJ - Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:41 am

Gale wrote:

Pretty good answer. VPN's work similarly to anonymous proxies. In short, that IP you were on has issues & as a result that IP is banned from use here at Yarolds

leslieme - Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:39 pm

DemonicJ wrote:
Gale wrote:

Pretty good answer. VPN's work similarly to anonymous proxies. In short, that IP you were on has issues & as a result that IP is banned from use here at Yarolds

Gotcha J, and ta!