Monthly individual contest
Goal: per_all_sumavg - per_dyn_sumavg
#3 - 1624 RequiemNoctis
#2 - 1776 alicit
#1 - 2465 maxi

4000 credits sent to RequiemNoctis
8500 credits sent to alicit
12500 credits sent to maxi

Maybe you can explain exactly what "Goal: per_all_sumavg - per_dyn_sumavg" means, because the numbers shown next to the winners names look exactly like their MinAvg and nothing to do with their "sumavgs". :(

The contest just looks different. There used to be several top ranked members of dynasties shown in the top 10. But not anymore. Did something change? And if there are changes to the contest, shouldn't Yarolds members be told the new changes? What is a contest where we don't know the rules or how winners are chosen?

Warm regards,

Wolverines - Tue May 01, 2012 5:37 pm

i looked at and dont understand either
Ataka2006 - Wed May 02, 2012 7:21 am

There is something wrong! :)
The Monthly individual contest must be count like that:
Your "MinAvg" - your "DynMinAvg" on the 1st of the month

Dustydragon - Wed May 02, 2012 9:10 pm

you know maybe this is why ALBA never copied it down when she did it....but I copied it down the way it was on the chat....but I will double check it, maybe I mis-copied it :S
PaiGow - Wed May 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Thank you :)

And also could you please find out the new rules for the individual contest? Because something has definitely changed and I do not see any notice or announcement what the new rules are.

How can we play for a contest when we do not know the rules or how the winners are chosen?

Warm regards,

Dustydragon - Wed May 02, 2012 10:13 pm

I have checked the logs, and yes I did copy it right ;) so this is something that needs to be changed, thank you for noticing that PaiGow....I just thought I would put out how it was calculated, so everyone knew.
*mental note, double check before hand* :P

I will check into the Individual Contest for you and see if there have been any changes made, as I noticed the same thing.

PaiGow - Wed May 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks again :)

Because the clicks we do today are already counting in the next contest, it's important we know the new rules as soon as possible, so we can change our game play accordingly :P

Every hour without knowing the rules counts against us in the competition :(

Warm regards,

[edit]
I heard from someone the new calculation for Individual contest is

( minAvg - dynSumAvg )

That makes it virtually impossible for anyone in a dynasty to compete as I understand it.

It is already shown that since dynasties up to MAX members can compete in the "Tiny Dynasty" contest (intended for dynasties of 10-20 members), I must leave Hippies in order to compete in any type of contest?

In some ways, this seems against the intention of the contests. Maybe someone can comment as it looks in this forum thread that Rozz was telling them that they can set any rules for the contests as wished.
[/edit]

Dustydragon - Thu May 03, 2012 4:31 pm

PaiGow wrote:
Thanks again :)

Because the clicks we do today are already counting in the next contest, it's important we know the new rules as soon as possible, so we can change our game play accordingly :P

Every hour without knowing the rules counts against us in the competition :(

Warm regards,

[edit]
I heard from someone the new calculation for Individual contest is

( minAvg - dynSumAvg )

That makes it virtually impossible for anyone in a dynasty to compete as I understand it.

It is already shown that since dynasties up to MAX members can compete in the "Tiny Dynasty" contest (intended for dynasties of 10-20 members), I must leave Hippies in order to compete in any type of contest?

In some ways, this seems against the intention of the contests. Maybe someone can comment as it looks in this forum thread that Rozz was telling them that they can set any rules for the contests as wished.
[/edit]

I found your rules ;)

http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7069

Yarold - Thu May 03, 2012 4:57 pm

The correct formula is taking minimum from all clicks and sum from dynasty clicks.
And I have to agree that rules were changed too, the tiny problem is that update is from 2010.
I updated code and post with rules with proper formula now.

Its kind of fun to see how truck drivers complain that they cant ride on sidewalk

PaiGow - Fri May 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Yarold wrote:
The correct formula is taking minimum from all clicks and sum from dynasty clicks.
And I have to agree that rules were changed too, the tiny problem is that update is from 2010.
I updated code and post with rules with proper formula now.

Thanks for the clarification.