SWLE
Link exchange

Suggestions - Balancing clicks

Jeanne - Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:34 pm
Post subject: Balancing clicks
It is really frustrating when a member won't balance clicks done/received and there's nothing I as Emp can do except kicking the member only to see him/her in the next dyn in my alliance still "stealing" my credits.
Every click that isn't returned means 1 member lost 1 credit and will give 1 less click tomorrow .. multiply that and see how many more clicks we could find if all balanced better.
I won't name anybody here but there is 1 member in UBC that daily clicks up to 1K more than he gives :evil:

Could we get balancing clicks within 1-200 as a part of CoC?
Penalty for not balancing = First 1 warning next a 3 days ban?
It would give us a tool to "threaten" members with: If you don't start balancing better, I have to report you to the Admins also if you leave this dynasty.
Off course those with links costing 4 or more credits per click are excepted and someone would have to monitor main members too (I would gladly sign up for that job to raise more clicks).

Or does anyone have a better suggestion?

Alba - Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:36 pm

I agree with you totaly.

I've spoken to Yarold about that a few days ago but we didn't still look deep at this.

My suggestion is those members balanced under a "reasonable" percentage of clicks done, must lose the difference in credits and give them to Lotto.

As my english isn't too good and really i want everyone to understand what i'm meaning, i give an example:

clicks done today: 1500
clicks received today: 600

the difference is 900, if we take your suggestion, Jeanne, 200 as difference, there still are 700 underbalanced clicks, so... those 700 clicks become 700 credits for Lotto

borracho - Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:49 pm

good......

but what do you do for a new member that needs to build up credits?

Jeanne - Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:50 pm

I have suggested that before but with links that cost much more than 1 credit (I believe 9 is the top price) that model will mean those that click 900 and receive 100 = actually not hoarding credits will be in trouble :(

@Bo 200 a day should be more than enough building up credits imho :mrgreen:

Alba - Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:03 pm

borracho wrote:
but what do you do for a new member that needs to build up credits?

Those "200" will help to build them (200 is just an example, i think it could be based in a percentage)

Jeanne wrote:
I have suggested that before but with links that cost much more than 1 credit (I believe 9 is the top price) that model will mean those that click 900 and receive 100 = actually not hoarding credits will be in trouble :(

I'm sure Yarold "have-finds" a way for exclude those kind of "links-users"

Jeanne - Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Alba wrote:

I'm sure Yarold "have-finds" a way for exclude those kind of "links-users"

Well one suggestion would be that all links cost 1 credit regardless of timer ehh time? Then those link owners also had a chance to get a min.avg. and be "good dyn members" :razz:

bluebell_rose - Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:51 pm

and if we had more people in yarolds clicking then there'd be more links pffft. happy hours these days don't reach the peak it did 2 years ago. Shouldn't the goal be to how to increase members in yarolds instead of chasing yet more members away?

The remaining members are trying their darned best to keep up the clicking levels, but it's not working. Recent lotto explosions tell the story. I hit 2720 clicks balanced in dynasty exchange when the 1st lotto exploded after balancing system was introduced. And it took me an hour to clear all the main links. With each following lotto explosion, there have been fewer and fewer links and I clear them in a shorter and shorter time frame. hmmmmmmmmm there is something wrong here .

When I was a noob, people boycotted my link because of it's timer. It's much easier to hoard credits if no one clicks you. Or not enough people click you. Dynasties we used to have 2 pages full of them and I remember having to wait for a space to enter a dynasty in the middle of the 1st page, not top but not high either. Yes the place was more active then. :)

Jeanne - Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:09 pm

And your suggestion to this topic is ...?
PaiGow - Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:46 am

I am totally against form of global penalty of this nature...

For example... in my dynasty (Hippies Haven) we have a member who might not click at all during the week because of job, school, etc... but still shows a link for all allies to click.

If that member can only click on weekends and overclicks to build a reserve for the next week, you will be hurting them by depriving them their due credits and forcing them to go negative a couple days into the next work week.

My understanding of the intention of this site was to provide a place to show a link for games you play in exchange for clicking links of similar minded players.

When did that change?

Now on the other hand, if emperors want to impose balancing restrictions within their dynasty and punish offenders, all they have to do is kick that member from their dynasty.

Warm regards,

bluebell_rose - Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:40 am

Jeanne wrote:
I'm saying what if no one clicked your link because people were boycotting that certain type of link. How would the person balance then if he/she only played that game?
Alba - Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:01 am

PaiGow: good point... *thinking now*

bluebell_rose wrote:
Jeanne wrote:
I'm saying what if no one clicked your link because people were boycotting that certain type of link. How would the person balance then if he/she only played that game?

I don't know it, but i think it doesn't happens, most of us are so "crazy clickers" that we find the way of get any link around the site ;)

bluebell_rose - Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:59 am

You don't think it happens> I was there. I was a member with a boycotted link. People even said so in the forums. They were floods of 5 minute annoying pokeplushies links that could only be clicked one at a time. My link was boycotted and I was able to save up 1k credits clicking less the the alliance size and I was showing everywhere, and clicking without addons. Kinda hard to balance if your extras are all 5 minute timer links and it takes an entire happy hour just to go though them all.
jassej - Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:36 am

All members what is for this it's to serious!
You forget, that should be fun of clicking and try to improve your game and when somebody have just 1 game (example mmc) and is just because his game here why then should put more links?
I never say to my members must show extras, I say just, please can you show....if they don't want then don't must, it's simple.
I understand the point what Jeanne mean and from site dynasty she have right but others site, fun and game, she don't have right.
That just one way to leaving yarold for many members!
There is nothing to change, my opinion.

Ferrari - Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:18 pm

I agree with PaiGow and jassej , it is a a link exchange site you show a link you click a link, no matter how much..... when some dynastys dont like that just kick the member :)

just my idea, but that is the reason my dynasty name is

Just For Fun

Dustydragon - Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:09 pm

jassej wrote:

I never say to my members must show extras, I say just, please can you show....if they don't want then don't must, it's simple.

Of course you just ask your members to show extras, but yet you do believe that your alliance would be kind enough to show extras in return and not just click your extras just so that they can get ahead of you in the game. :shock:
(thanks for that tidbit jassej)

I have always said that if you aren't having fun clicking then it isn't worth clicking at all. Though when you have a member that is deliberately clicking just to have credits, and they are great at that (clicking) but yet won't show links, because of the want of credits, then there is a problem.
It also isn't fun when you see that you have alliances that don't show credits but yet click all your links continuously as well.

Members talk about that sort of thing...Maybe not the members in the 'winning' dynasties, but others do :wink:

PS....I am not naming any dynasties that we are associated with :razz: I am just stating something.

People are not stupid, they notice things, and they watch. Just because someone is an Emp or a Kamp....so what? They are the voice of their members as well, and when a member wants answers, who are they going to turn to?

I don't want to lose my GREAT clicker....so what do I do? Well only thing I can think of is training him/her to balance or working slowly by showing him/her that if you click and balance what you click then you won't loose those credits.

As for a dynasty that is taking credits but yet never really shows...depends on the dynasty. The ones just starting out, well to be expected, the others, well...to me that is tough as we are alligned and you would think we would want to help each other out, but if this is for fun and all we are really going to do is steal from each other, then I personally would cancel the alliance. I don't see any fun in stealing. :wink:

Ferrari - Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:41 am

Dustydragon, you say '' but if this is for fun and all we are really going to do is steal from each other''

what person would be here on yarolds, steal credits every day, and not show a link??? no one!!!! because what are you doing on yarolds when you only click links???? every person what is here on yarolds is coming here because he wants clicks on a link, what else would be the reason to be here lol. So no one is stealing, the only thing is, not all people are balancing, that means , some people click more than they show, so what????

Dustydragon - Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Ferrari? Are you playing the same game I am?
So what?

:smile:
yes they have a link up, of course :smile:
but when you have members that are showing 10 links and this person is clicking their links yet not showing 10 links in return then where is the fairness in that?

Is the game not about balancing? I thought being in a dynasty was all about being part of a TEAM ? Helping one another , or do you somehow spell Team with an 'I' ? Because here in Canada we don't.

Our dynasty is about it's members and we are like a community helping one another and if one is taking from the others then no it isn't fun for anyone.

If I came to play at your house and we had 20 candies - 10 each and you shared 5 of your candies with me but i only shared 1 candy with you? How would feel? Cheated? Ya I think so :???:

bluebell_rose - Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:57 pm

happy hours would not happen if no one showed extras, A basic courtesy would be to show extra links should you attend an happy hour. Balancing is a way to show your links without losing credits and slowly going neg because you show more than you get back. My game is such that I am required to show links to advance faster and hunt for special pets called shinies. Should it not always be so? I show you mine. you show yours back.
filmore - Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 pm

bluebell_rose wrote:
happy hours would not happen if no one showed extras, A basic courtesy would be to show extra links should you attend an happy hour. Balancing is a way to show your links without losing credits and slowly going neg because you show more than you get back. My game is such that I am required to show links to advance faster and hunt for special pets called shinies. Should it not always be so? I show you mine. you show yours back.

Agreed, BUT: today I had serious internet trouble, I'm sure I was not the only one.. I snaplinked alot of links that refused to load, Virtupets., dragonadopters, etc etc, links that required action didn't load but vanished the moment I refreshed.. alot of credits for me but no action and no profit for the ones offering the links.. Overload of the earlier mentioned sites because of our "happy hour"?
I'd say: spread happy links instead of happy hours, that way game sites don't get an overload and I can click action links the way I like

jassej - Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:20 pm

Dustydragon wrote:
jassej wrote:

Of course you just ask your members to show extras, but yet you do believe that your alliance would be kind enough to show extras in return and not just click your extras just so that they can get ahead of you in the game. :shock:
(thanks for that tidbit jassej)

DustyPinkDragon Total clicks done: 363893

You are not new but and not old members.

I am not sure if you was there when just count clicking and because some members as you are, yarold change rules and now count minyday, each must balanced clicks IF WANT better place in dynasty ranking.

Also when I pressure my members then is ubc soon best dynasty because, at moment, our rival are just ******* but they are not enough strong for us.

So be happy that I don't want pressure my members.

Also for me it's ok when I have no top ranking but more fun FOR ALL my members.

And that MY DYNASTY and I have enough that me somebody say what I should to do (now pressure of my members), so if you are not happy with our ally feel free to end it.

For all others, because of this we have now minyday and that enough.

I am more for old rules, count just clicking, as for more pressure.

Dustydragon - Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:24 pm

Not just balancing clicks for a better place in dynasty ranking, balancing clicks to help the dynasty all together. :grin:

I mean what dynasty wants to sit at the bottom of all the dynasties? Obviously you don't because otherwise you wouldn't of made that comment about being better than ******** (which I am not going to pick an arguement about) and no I DON'T need to be happy about that....I would love to have more links sent our way :mrgreen: (more for me to click) LOL

No matter how you look at it, everything is a competition in life :wink:

Yes this is a game, yes it is just for fun, but yes it is still a competition...and you can't lie, near the end of the month, you are busting your butt to try and get to the top to get 1st or 2nd to get those credits ;) just like we are :mrgreen:

jassej - Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I think you don't understand what I mean....

I am for competition and I always show extras and of course I try to motivate my members to show extras but I always ask them it's possible and never say must!!

Who like better ranking or win monthly contest they show extras and who have fun just of clicking they it's free just to click without any pressure.

And I am here just because of competition and of course I want to be first (it's not secret!) but I don't want that somebody MUST showed extras, I have my fun of balanced and each other should have his fun, of balanced or just for clicking!!!!!!

Ferrari - Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:31 pm

agree with jassey, my rules are the same, i never say must, its only for Fun, show 1 link, that is what i ask, and i am happy when they show more.
Jeanne - Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:40 am

You seem to miss the point Marga & Senad.

The Min.avg was implemented because if we all kept clicking more than we give what will happen? No one can afford to show extras.

A & B: A show 10 every day, B show 1 but click all of A's 10, how long do you think A can keep showing 10 before he is out of credits that is now sitting in useless in B's account?
If you go to the Supermarket you are expected to pay for all the stuff you take from the shelves, if you don't, then the Supermarket will eventually close.

I agree it's very difficult to convince all members of the importance of balancing especially if you don't see the point yourselves, the fact is if we don't give as much as we take then clicks will go down, the ones showing extras today will eventually show less to preserve their credits.

Ferrari - Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:44 pm

I've never been happy with the construction from the last 2 year. I'm still like the old way of clicks, show a link or two from the game you play.
When yarold started you had only three options for a link, now 10. the reason why yarold started was to give people a chance to share their link with another. 10 links is nonsense, most people who show 10 links, are not even play the game from the links they show.
Make yarold back to what it was, I show a link, some one else shows a link,or better say, link exchange.
what you see than is,
there is no problem with balancing
there is no problem with negative credits.
I dont like the balancing
I dont like the nonsense like show 10 links for 10 minutes or a hour.
I hope you all understand what i mean, i think the grammer is totally wrong... sorry

Jeanne - Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:09 pm

I understand you Marga :wink: and also your argument but there are really people with 10 genuine links, eggcave, haloween, VA and many other of the pet site users wants many pets evolved (yesterday if possible) and wants to show all 10 links, they keep going negative and many give up and leave the site because of it.
If we all matched click for click they would in theory be able find enough clicks to afford showing many links.
I know many come with just 1 link and if they don't want to make extra links then they shouldn't click more than their link receives, they should stop clicking after 400.

DemonicJ - Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Would you believe you have all answered this issue.

You have all said in your own way

"Its a click exchange"From Merriam Websters Dictionary

Definition of EXCHANGE
transitive verb
a : to part with, give, or transfer in consideration of something received as an equivalent

Merriam Webster

mao_nagra - Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:08 am

DemonicJ wrote:

Definition of EXCHANGE
transitive verb
a : to part with, give, or transfer in consideration of something received as an equivalent

Merriam Webster

if it is as you say, why I can't I change IP and visit you again?
more IP more visits and instead of getting 200 300 visits in a day for link we cold gate 1000+
you can say date there are people that can't Chang IP, that's true, but for those who can it is not good
And there are one other problem, has me and many others, we just balance done receive in dynasty and showing just 1 link in Link exchange and history sow all the visits I do in Link exchange and history are just for gating credits for the days that I can't visit.

DemonicJ - Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:20 am

Thankfully this will never be a multi ip visting site. As for how you chose to exchange mao, thats up to you. Now if only more people were in dynasties, your theory could be awesome :)
Ferrari - Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:32 am

DemonicJ wrote:

Definition of EXCHANGE
transitive verb

Merriam Webster

As usual,
You are the best, and you have always right.

Ecco - Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:19 am

Hi Ferrari, can you just stop with the sarcastic one liners.

Its going to look like spam.

Thanks Ecco

jassej - Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:17 pm

DemonicJ wrote:

Definition of EXCHANGE
transitive verb

Merriam Webster

Also if I good understand I should click so much as I show!?

I have really just 1 game, mmc, and just 1 city and when I just this one put in profile I am clicked + - 300 time, also I should click just +- 300 links!?

It's not problem for me but I think it's bad for site!!!!!

Problem is another, for me yarold is a game, for mostly leadership too, but for mostly yarold members that exchange site.

And to find best way for both site it's impossible, always will be for one not fair.

But I am against that we pushed members for showing links because

1) for mostly that just one exchange site

2) many members have fun just with clicking.

Of course that not fair for dynasty in ally and members what show links but, how I say before, cannot be for all members fair, should be for mostly members fair and mostly members don't show extras, that fact!!

Ferrari - Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Agree!!!! we come here to get clicks on our link, we can only get clicks when we click other peoples link, if we do not click other peoples link, we have no credits, so we can get no clicks on our link that is all!!
Some people made a game from yarolds but yarold is not a game, yarold is to get clicks on your link, thats all...

jennielynn - Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:58 pm

I know that there hasn't been any comments on this for a little while, but I wanted to add my two cents. This thread struck me because I'm frustrated for the opposite reason... I would NEVER want my hard earned credits taken away because other people don't click my link. I joined this site to get clicks on my link and help others get clicks on theirs. I click whenever I can, and I click every link I see to help people out. I got tired of the rules in the dynasties, OMG, you go negative, kick, OMG, you must click 400+, you don't, kick... So when I came back to the game, I didn't join one until someone approached me yesterday.

I click 400+ every day I'm on, and you know what I get in return, maybe 200... Yesterday, I clicked 1200+, I got 200+. I clicked 734 dynasty, I got 38 (in a 223 member dynasty)... now it's possible that some of those 200+ were dynasty members before I joined, and there are always reasons for not clicking on a given day, I'm just trying to make a point.

And the point of this ramble is that I joined the site to get clicks and to help others get clicks. It's not my fault that I only have one game and you have more. It's not my fault that I want to help other people out and they don't want to help me out. So taxing me because other people don't help me as much as I help them is not appropriate. Especially since I can't click every day and having extra credits helps me not get kicked from a dynasty when that happens.

Ferrari - Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:22 pm

exactly!!!! That is what i mean!!!
cartes - Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:13 am

you made the good point jennielynn.
i'm full agreeïng with you!

Jeanne - Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes jennielynn but those extra credits you have, are taken from some else who then go neg and gets kicked. :wink:
I don't play 10 games, at one point I didnt have even 1 game that I actually played, I show 10 links to keep the clicks and credits circulating because I like to click and I give back as good as I take so I don't take credits from someone who needs them to get clicks for their game that they care about.
Some come to Yarolds with many pets they want evolved and fill up their slots with links if we all click them and only show 1 link in return they go neg after a day and we don't see them again.
If we all balanced and made extra links to show to match what we have clicked, those multilinks members would have a better chance of supporting all their links = there would be more links to click for all.

jennielynn - Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:50 pm

It seems to me that rather than asking me to add more links to games that I don't play that the people that want more clicks on their links should have to work harder to get help in all of theirs.

I'm not saying that I don't understand what you're saying, I'm saying that I don't agree with it. I've been around for a long time, though I quit for a while due to real life getting in the way of my games and Yarold's becoming a burden on top of it. I don't remember it being about balancing clicks to help others stay positive, it was about helping people out with their games and if I wanted to show more links, I had to work harder to keep up.

Aurum KodEXo - Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:07 pm

I don't like the idea of punishing players for clicking more than they receive either.

Here's how I see things:
It is possible for life to be fair, but in turn, we will end up being really bored and unhappy.
Universe doesn't like differences either (differences in energies that is), eventually in very very long time, all the energies and stuff will be balanced evenly, but that means literally nothing happens anymore, the universe is virtually dead.

Basically, because everyone is different, it's impossible for all of us to be happy.

Alba - Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Aurum KodEXo wrote:
Basically, because everyone is different, it's impossible for all of us to be happy.

;)

bluebell_rose - Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:41 pm

jennielynn wrote:
It seems to me that rather than asking me to add more links to games that I don't play that the people that want more clicks on their links should have to work harder to get help in all of theirs.

I'm not saying that I don't understand what you're saying, I'm saying that I don't agree with it. I've been around for a long time, though I quit for a while due to real life getting in the way of my games and Yarold's becoming a burden on top of it. I don't remember it being about balancing clicks to help others stay positive, it was about helping people out with their games and if I wanted to show more links, I had to work harder to keep up.
So because I play va, valenth, and petadoptables where I need all the slots I have, I need to work harder to keep up? I have no issues with that. I come to happy hours, get clicks . Only problem how can we keep up if people steal our credits and don't show back in exchange? Given the choice of flood of single 2 minute timer link vs a 10 linker that's active with 10 links with no timers. ;) I would pick the 10 linker over the single linkers with 2 minute timers. I don't have the patience to sit there for half an hour just to wait for the timers to run down.

Besides which, happy hour cannot happen if no one showed links. It's a general courtesy if you show up to happy hour to click links, you show back. If you're not gonna bother why bother coming by happy hour?

jennielynn - Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:53 pm

bluebell_rose wrote:
So because I play va, valenth, and petadoptables where I need all the slots I have, I need to work harder to keep up? I have no issues with that. I come to happy hours, get clicks . Only problem how can we keep up if people steal our credits and don't show back in exchange? Given the choice of flood of single 2 minute timer link vs a 10 linker that's active with 10 links with no timers. ;) I would pick the 10 linker over the single linkers with 2 minute timers. I don't have the patience to sit there for half an hour just to wait for the timers to run down.

Besides which, happy hour cannot happen if no one showed links. It's a general courtesy if you show up to happy hour to click links, you show back. If you're not gonna bother why bother coming by happy hour?

First, I don't show up for happy hour, so at least that isn't an issue with me... Second I guess I'll just start skipping over those who have more than one link so that I'm not stealing any more. Since that's how everyone seems to look see it.

bluebell_rose - Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Since you play dc, perhaps this analogy can get though. There have been numerous reports of dc fansites failing and not generating enough views. Mostly due to people who take take and never give back. Many start doing it and then we end up with failing click sites that don't work all that well anymore because of some folk that don't give back. With yarolds it's the same thing, take take take and never give back, eventually there will be fewer and fewer links to click as the major link showers can no longer afford to show anything but their main link as there is hardly anything to click anymore.

A Link/click exchange is about giving and taking equally.

jennielynn - Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:08 pm

bluebell_rose wrote:
Since you play dc, perhaps this analogy can get though. There have been numerous reports of dc fansites failing and not generating enough views. Mostly due to people who take take and never give back. Many start doing it and then we end up with failing click sites that don't work all that well anymore because of some folk that don't give back. With yarolds it's the same thing, take take take and never give back, eventually there will be fewer and fewer links to click as the major link showers can no longer afford to show anything but their main link as there is hardly anything to click anymore.

A Link/click exchange is about giving and taking equally.

First of all, I don't play DCG any more and when I did, I only used Yarold's. Second, your comment was quite rude.

I'm not going to show more links just so others can show more as well. I do not participate in happy hour. I do not play any other games right now, and I'm so tired of the gimme, entitled attitudes of people here.

Everyone and their dogs are VIPs, so they can hide their links except in their dynasties or whatever. Manage your links, just like I did when I did have a bunch of links, and quit acting like spoiled brats.

Ferrari - Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:36 pm

maybe let everyone have his own opinion.... no one is thinking the same about this topic.
thats why there are so many dynastys with different rules.
1 thing is clear for everyone
we are here to show a link, to get a click on that link, and we can only get a click when we click other links.
so when we want 100 clicks on our link we need to click 100 links from other people, thats all

Alba - Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Ferrari wrote:
maybe let everyone have his own opinion.... no one is thinking the same about this topic.
thats why there are so many dynastys with different rules.
1 thing is clear for everyone
we are here to show a link, to get a click on that link, and we can only get a click when we click other links.
so when we want 100 clicks on our link we need to click 100 links from other people, thats all

I couldn't say it better ;)