SWLE
Link exchange

Suggestions - FutureRP Links

Heroin - Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:18 am
Post subject: FutureRP Links
I was wondering if it's possible to add a note at the bottom of the FutureRP links, telling the clicker to complete the simple captcha in order to give the player exp. I just joined recently, about 15 or so days ago, I'm up to about 700 or more clicks a day. Out of those clicks I only have <300 confirmed clicks in FutureRP. It's a very simple captcha, so I was hoping someone would be able to add a note to it.

I do currently boast 2 links on my page, Dragoncave and FutureRP. So you can't exactly tell how many aren't clicking. But before I added the Dragoncave link, I was still getting around 400-500 clicks. Less than 300 confirmed on FutureRP.
Thank you for your time.

thepossum1 - Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Sorry, Heroin, but I guess I'm one of those that isn't doing it-----do you have to scroll down or something? I don't remember even seeing a captcha on those links :(

Apologies to any others who have that game link since I didn't do yours right either.

I'll make the effort to look harder next time I click those links :)

Heroin - Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Sometimes on the FutureRP links there isn't a captcha. When there is, you don't have to scroll or anything. It tells you that you have been captured by *Player*, and right under is the captcha.
thepossum1 - Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:27 am

ok, thanks--I copied your link from your profile and pasted into a new tab--no captcha. I don't remember ever seeing one on any of the FutureRP links I've ever clicked, but rest assured--if there's a captcha , I'll complete it :)
DemonicJ - Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:27 am

I agree with possum, I have yet to see a captcha on FRP links. If I do ill convert them to action links
Heroin - Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:33 am

It's not 100% of the time. If you don't do this you don't give them anything.

Proof in attachment.

I really have no clue how you can not see this, I get it every 2 or so FRP links I click.

Alba - Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:01 pm

First time that I see this link like that :shock:

It is how i see them:

Heroin - Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:00 pm

I don't know that is strange. It has nothing to do with me being logged into FutureRP when I click them, because I have seen it when not logged in. It is possible that it's a way to slow you down from clicking secret links, but there is also a 2 minute wait time before you can click another link. I can ask CyberKilla (FRP creator) why this is.
cyberkilla - Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:36 pm

This link exchange is actually white-listed; you shouldn't see the CAPTCHA image at all whilst clicking links via this site :smile:
Heroin - Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Still doesn't explain why I get more clicks on Yarolds, than on FRP. But if you're not seeing it, no reason to worry about it. Sorry for wasting your time.
cyberkilla - Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Heroin wrote:
Still doesn't explain why I get more clicks on Yarolds, than on FRP. But if you're not seeing it, no reason to worry about it. Sorry for wasting your time.

It appears to be a Chrome-specific bug with regards to opening new tabs. It'll be fixed in Chrome eventually, because it's behaving differently to every other browser. The issue manifests itself in different ways on thousands of websites. In our case, it just trips the CAPTCHA. Almost nobody here will have the issue. If you do, try opening links with your left mouse button, instead of pressing the middle mouse button.

The links on this exchange open in a new tab anyway, so there's no need to use the middle mouse button (which is the cause if the issue in Chrome).

Alba - Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Heroin wrote:
Sorry for wasting your time.

Don't need be sorry, no one wastes time by trying help others ;)

MoonWolf - Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:24 pm

I just wanted to point out that I also see the captcha, in FF. Up untill few weeks ago I always seen the captcha, now it's only sometimes, but still happens.

Yes, if I can't read it, I don't click it, I have bad eyes. On a good day I click though :wink:

Heroin - Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:39 pm

This is no longer an issue. CK has removed the captcha :mrgreen:
MoonWolf - Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Here, at the bottom right corner you can see the time and date. Time is same as server, and if someone doesn't believe that 'luty' means 'February' I'm sure google translator or any online dictionary can handle that much, the language to look for is Polish. :wink:

So obviousl it doesn't always work, that might be why some clicks don't count, I might not be the only one still seeing captcha. Mind you some days it's not there, but others it is like that.

cyberkilla - Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:41 pm

We had a lot of trouble a few weeks ago from several individuals, which prompted me to tighten up security a bit. As you've no doubt guessed, they were trying to automate link clicking, using lists of proxy IPs.

The vast majority of people here shouldn't see the CAPTCHA image. If you're seeing it every time you click a FutureRP link, perhaps you're using a browser addon which modifies your HTTP request headers; the game may get suspicious and show the CAPTCHA image in such cases.

I will see what can be done from my end to minimise these incidents.