SWLE
Link exchange

Suggestions - ability to accept automatically

nhhk - Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:42 pm
Post subject: ability to accept automatically
I just though about a suggestion about to accept automatically.

Like for example accept every member automatically. Or accept every member with a ave over 50.

You understand?

I think this will save a lot of time to many members and emperors and it will be easier.

Ferrari - Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:35 pm

I feel this would hurt some dynasties.
If we only have a limited number of openings and we automatically accepted people, someone would have to be on at all time to make sure we had acceptable clickers.
We don't want someone that has been kicked 5 times for very low clicking to always be accepted.
Emps usually check profiles to see what the new members past is.
How many links they offer, what their care status is, how many credits they currently have. This helps the Emps to decide if this person will be a help or a problem.

♥ Ferrari ♥

nhhk - Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:41 pm

so you are for or not the suggestion?

I think I have a idea how to fix your problems Marga

And of course must not every Dynasty use it.

Ferrari - Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Problems? I have no problems....
nhhk - Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:56 pm

I feel this would hurt some dynasties.
If we only have a limited number of openings and we automatically accepted people, someone would have to be on at all time to make sure we had acceptable clickers.
We don't want someone that has been kicked 5 times for very low clicking to always be accepted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

these problems

Dannic2002 - Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:07 pm

They are not problems.

I agree with Ferrari (again :D )

We like to look at our new members, too see certain aspects of their profile before they are accepted, I think it is normally done on an individual basis so an "automatic-accepter" would not be such a good idea.

Dan

nhhk - Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:10 pm

but it can be for they dynasties who want.
DashaBlade - Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:45 am

Hmm. There's a middle ground, you know... it could be optional, like the Emperor has to actually check "accept members automatically" to do so, and have the manual accepting be the default.
nhhk - Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:40 am

I understand....
Metalteo - Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:49 am

DashaBlade wrote:
Hmm. There's a middle ground, you know... it could be optional, like the Emperor has to actually check "accept members automatically" to do so, and have the manual accepting be the default.

Yes I like the suggestion.

nhhk - Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:48 pm

so you set my suggestion to Yarold's?
Dannic2002 - Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:26 pm

With that, certain options as well, Perhaps,
Accept with an average over "", AND/OR
with Certain CARE rating AND/OR
certain amount of credits.

Thats all I can think of now, I hope you can understand!

Dan

filmore - Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:30 pm

And beware of the ones whose links "mysteriously" disappear the moment the've joined ... :twisted:
sebastopol-ca - Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:45 pm

filmore wrote:
And beware of the ones whose links "mysteriously" disappear the moment the've joined ... :twisted:

I second that emotion :roll:

MUSHpark - Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:29 am

Should we also accept dynasty alliances automatically? :)
Ferrari - Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:30 am

MUSHpark wrote:
Should we also accept dynasty alliances automatically? :)

nice joke in the early morning Mushie :lol:

Hikora - Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:26 pm

I think an option would be nice. Not automactic, but like what DashaBlade said. If it was done right away, and you have a limited amount of room, it would cause some confused, and hurt some dynasties.

Just adding my two cents.

malbus - Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:03 am

What I can easily see happening with an automatic acceptance into a dynasty would be a new class of people who would just hop multiple times a day from dynasty to dynasty just to increase their personal click count from the dynasty alliance link page while not benefiting any of the dynasties the person used.

It happens now to a point already but with auto-accept, it would become very common to have this happen.

Ferrari - Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:29 am

malbus wrote:
What I can easily see happening with an automatic acceptance into a dynasty would be a new class of people who would just hop multiple times a day from dynasty to dynasty just to increase their personal click count from the dynasty alliance link page while not benefiting any of the dynasties the person used.

It happens now to a point already but with auto-accept, it would become very common to have this happen.

exactly :!: I wanted not say this but now you say it, this was the first thing i thought also.
Maybe there must something come like, you can not more as 2 times join a dynasty in 1 day, its very irritating those people, and not fair either.

Metalteo - Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:48 pm

malbus wrote:

I don't see how hopping dynasties is going to benefit users dynasty clicks count, when all dynasty clicks for the day are set to zero when you leave a dynasty.

It's always been this way tp prevent the dynasty hopping you're afraid off.

malbus - Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Metalteo wrote:
I don't see how hopping dynasties is going to benefit users dynasty clicks count, when all dynasty clicks for the day are set to zero when you leave a dynasty.

I don't mean their dynasty click count, I mean their personal click count which counts as their personal credits.

If I'm wrong and mis-understood that the personal click count wouldn't be reset from the clicks made on the dynasty page, I apologize but from what I've seen from a few jumpers in Yarold's so far, the personal click count (credits) doesn't seem to be reset. If you click 300 links on a dynasty page, the person retains those 300 credits on his personal cedits when he leaves a dynasty. Only the dynasty count is reset when the person joins another dynasty, not the personal credits obtained.

Ferrari - Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:44 pm

malbus wrote:
Metalteo wrote:

I don't mean their dynasty click count, I mean their personal click count which counts as their personal credits.

If I'm wrong and mis-understood that the personal click count wouldn't be reset from the clicks made on the dynasty page, I apologize but from what I've seen from a few jumpers in Yarold's so far, the personal click count (credits) doesn't seem to be reset. If you click 300 links on a dynasty page, the person retains those 300 credits on his personal cedits when he leaves a dynasty. Only the dynasty count is reset when the person joins another dynasty, not the personal credits obtained.

the jumpers don't care there clicks, they only want click links for credits.
They don't care all dynasty clicks for the day are set to zero.

Metalteo - Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:08 pm

Ferrari wrote:
malbus wrote:
Metalteo wrote:

the jumpers don't care there clicks, they only want click links for credits.
They don't care all dynasty clicks for the day are set to zero.

Ofcourse they want to click for credits. Have you forgotten this still a link exchange.

They show their links and it's being clicked all the time by all these VIPs in dynasties and hidden link in history.
They lose their credits and have no chance to earn them back, unless they join a dynasty.
Most them are being kicked from it anyway.

TiddaMouse - Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:24 pm

Hmm... I think this topic has taken a bit of a step off track... *sets it back* Somebody suggested that this could be an optional setting. If it is optional, those who do not want to use it do not have to and those who do want to use it can. This particular suggestion is one of those small 'tools' that not everyone will use but those who do will be better off for it. There will be dynasty hoppers with or without an auto join option.

I personally, will not use it. but I completely understand why these smaller Dynasty who do not have 'round-the-clock coverage for joiners would like to use it.

Yarold - Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:34 pm

General suggestions guide
1. Describe how you feature should work (briefly) found

* after geting more possitive responses (than negative ones) add:

2. How it should work (not briefly) not found
3. describe where it should be located not found
4. how it should looknot found
5. avoid chit chat

nhhk - Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:06 pm

much discuss about my suggestion :D
DashaBlade - Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:50 am

Yarold wrote:
2. How it should work (not briefly) not found
3. describe where it should be located not found
4. how it should looknot found

2. Emperors and kampaku of a dynasty have an option to accept joining members automatically. The emperor/kampaku would check a box that says "Automatically accept new members?" if they wish to use this option.

3. The most obvious place to put it would be on the dynasty control panel page, or whatever it's called - the page where you can see a list of members, promote/demote, accept alliances, etc.

4. I think a simple box that can be checked, like the ones found in our profiles for showing/not showing links, would be fine. If you want to get fancy with it, it could also be a box with "auto-accept if dynasty population is less than ___." with another box for the emperor/kampaku to put in their own limit, much like the box that VIPs have for setting a certain amount of clicks to a link in their profiles.

-----

And on the same note, I think it'd also be nice, if the "auto-accept at #" option is added, if there could also be an "auto-decline at #" for people who want to limit their dynasty to a certain number of members, aren't accepting new members at the time, and so on.