SWLE
Link exchange

Banned accounts - Proxies banned

Metalteo - Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:17 pm
Post subject: Proxies banned
I've banned several proxy servers from the site today.

I want to remind you all that using proxies are and were never allowed on to use on the site.

So far no users have been banned for using a proxy, but we will when they keep using them.

Arrowiette - Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:35 am

Does that mean if people log in school or stop at an internet cafe to check their account, could be banned wrongfully? cause they use proxies? or just the dynamically changing ones...
jeremy02 - Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:14 am

Proxys WERE alllowed, homeslice. :P
Metalteo - Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:50 pm

Quote:
No proxies are allowed, however, changing your I.P. is still legal

http://yarold.ath.cx/swle/coc.php

They never were allowed. The CoC hasn't been updated for at least 1 year.

If you don't stop spamming the forums Jeremy, you will get yourself banned very soon. (but you're used to that aren't you?)

jeremy02 - Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:01 am

I'm not spamming. Proxys were legal, because I used them with Yarold's knowledge. It may have been a year ago, but they were still legal.
vladvash - Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:29 am
Post subject: ....?
didnt know where to put this so i put it here.................... wat about aol users, there hostmask rotates so would that mean that all aol users would hav to use one account? i think, i dont use aol, but i believe thats how it works.
Metalteo - Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:22 am

A lot of games block AOL, because they use proxies.

AOL users can avoid problems, if they use IE or an other browser like firefox would be ok too.

marketfixr - Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:06 am

Since I'm new to this whole thing what are proxies I keep reading about them but have never been explained what they are.
TranceZ64 - Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:06 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxies

Do not revive thread older then a week, please.

EDIT: Whoops, missed that >.<

Metalteo - Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:15 am

it's a sticky Trance. LOL
Aanduriel - Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:10 am

Hi, I was just wondering why no one answered Arrowiette's question about using the site at other locations. I travel often between my parents, my grandparents, and my own house with my laptop using their internet connections. I was wondering if that would cause me to be banned for frequently "changing IPs".

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a smart-*******, I'm really not trying to be. I'm just curious as I don't want to get banned.

thx, Aanduriel

TranceZ64 - Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:56 pm

Aanduriel wrote:
Hi, I was just wondering why no one answered Arrowiette's question about using the site at other locations. I travel often between my parents, my grandparents, and my own house with my laptop using their internet connections. I was wondering if that would cause me to be banned for frequently "changing IPs".

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a smart-*******, I'm really not trying to be. I'm just curious as I don't want to get banned.

thx, Aanduriel

IP changing is legal. Just make sure the connection your using dosen't run thorugh a proxy before clicking.

ikke - Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:31 pm

somebody banded me and I make a new account
the banded this one also
and i dont know why
all I know is that my provider (chello ) give a dynamic ip if you have a contract whit them
but even than I dont now why I get this ban for
can sobody tell me please

bella - Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:58 am

I love it when people act all innocent.
Your dynamic IP is linked to 4 accounts and instead of whining you should be pleased we left you the main one.
The rules clearly state that it is one account per person.
Account sharing and multi accounts will not be tolerated.

tovreh - Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:21 am

Bella that's not true.
He had some accounts before, and they were banned too after a little while. But never deleted. So the problem is that the accounts were not deleted so you thought he had more accounts.
He had only one account, but made another one when his first was banned. That account was banned also that day, so he made a new one so he could get on the forum. He only uses one account. I know him, and I know you are NOT right.

tovreh - Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:49 am

Because ikke isn't that good in English I'm the one posting reactions for him. He want's to know which account you mean, because he can't think of other accounts then in my last message.
bella - Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:34 am

Well I am not surprised that you are his spokesman seeing as though your account is one of the ones accessed through his IP.
Metalteo - Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:50 am

We have enough of all the stuppid tricks users pull to hoard more credits. It's even worse when it does effect other users.
Neither do the mods need to have their time wasted because of some of these tricks..

tovreh - Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:55 am

I will explain it.
I'm the girlfriend of guppie.
A while ago I didn't have internet. So I did go online on his ip to get my link out of my profile.
You can check the ip's. Just take a look at them. My ip is a totally different ip than the one Guppie uses. Just take a good look and you will see that I'm right. We don't use tricks, we just click. On our own accounts. When I go on another ip I don't click I only put my link in or out of my account. I never click on another ip because I know that's against the rules. But I have to be able to get my link out when I don't have internet.

ikke - Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:12 pm

sorry but do you think I'm stupit to have 4 accounts
tell me why I will do that
Tovreh is my girlfriend and sometime's she is here or I been there but we never ever click on yarold on that moment
the only thing we do is change links
and you can see that
you can also see we have a different ip
so i dont understant it
and metalteo we dont playing tricks
this is the truth

ikke - Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:40 pm

I give it up
every time I click for nothing
I now you are see It worng but I dont have no plesure in this anymore
but I tell the truth

bella - Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:25 pm

Well you certainly don't seem to click for yourself. If you want to be believed then perhaps using the same ip to log into both your own account and your girlfriend's account almost 2000 times isn't particularly smart. Particularly as you are trying to tell me that you have different IPs and that your one is dynamic - too much of a coincidence for me.

Somehow I doubt you will miss your accounts too much anyway seeing as though all the credits were sent on to Tovreh from both these accounts anyway. Maybe you think we are being unfair but I am also sick of people who delete their links and don't allow other people to click them back, another thing you are most certainly guilty of and the way you first came to our attention.

If there really are two of you, seeing as though you do seem to enjoy sharing so much, then I doubt this is going to present any serious problems.
I'm done talking about this. You can keep your main Tovreh account but the feeder accounts are banned.