- add bold to allied dynasties alliance sizes
- field to add reason for kicking member from dynasty
- use same form for leaving and kicking
- add credits column to list on dynasty details
- add names for new stats
- add descriptions for options in profile account tab
- add yesterday columns
- changed minimal limit to 10

All new averages are the same you know from primary schools ( (A+B+C)/N ), and take last 20 days.
You you can write if you need any column added.

Why old stats got erased?
- There were too manny and no one agree to which one was most important
- Personal average was too hard to count and wasnt "real" average
- Math scared too many people who left
- Avg/meber gives too much favour to tiny dynasties

What is instead of old ones?
First thing is that everything have same name in everyplace, no more looking at proc from memberlist, % from dynasty and avg from dynasty exchange and wondering why its the same number.
Clicks that are measured now:
- clicks that are recived and done to everyone
- clicks that are done exclusivly done to/received from dynasty (and allies)
You can browse your personal history in activity tab in profile.

Who will be the best one now?
The one who exchanges most clicks (finnaly simple), and more officialy: wins monthly contest link: here

Average Sums
They are sum of average clicks done and received.
Difference is that one is about all members and second is about dynasty (and allies).
Example: You do 10 clicks on average and receive 20 on average. Sum of those is 30.

column names
Because they have to be short, they might sometimes be not clearly understand where they come from.

Code:

long name                           | column name

Total clicks received               | recv
Total clicks received today         | recv today
Average clicks received             | Avg recv
Total clicks done                   | done
Total clicks done today             | done today
Average clicks done                 | Avg done
Total clicks averages sum           | SumAvg
Total clicks yesterday              | SumYday
Dynasty clicks received             | Dyn recv
Dynasty clicks received today       | Dyn recv today
Average Dynasty clicks received     | Avg Dyn recv
Dynasty clicks done                 | Dyn done
Dynasty clicks done today           | Dyn done today
Average Dynasty clicks done         | Avg Dyn done
Total dynasty clicks averages sum   | Dyn SumAvg
Total dynasty clicks yesterday      | Dyn SumYday

feeder dynasties?
If you want them you can have them, they dont give that big advantage as they used.

Xazy - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:16 am

I love it that I can see how many clicks I received! Now I can start to experiment, see which links are more likely to get follow ups, things like that...

hopefully the higher limit won't drain my credits too quickly, in theory it means I should get more back too...

borracho - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:31 am

HOLY COW!!!

Im Getting errors on all links clicked :???:

NVM....Have to show in Main to click?

Wildthing - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:36 am

resave your link.

Remember to click history you need a visible link there, same with the main page.

borracho - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:40 am

ahhhh...ok

I get it....too bad we start from scratch...I worked very hard for my ave :evil:

Wildthing - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:43 am

Yes but all ave's are gone now. Which is a good thing.
borracho - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:54 am

Wildthing wrote:
Yes but all ave's are gone now. Which is a good thing.

I disagree

Wildthing - Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:02 am

You'll see soon enough why its good hon. It gives more of an even footing then before for people which is a nice thing. It's about growing in the game.
misunkyno - Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:07 am

i agree with you it will make this game fun again, no WORK...

removing AVe is good cause then members can have more fun, less stress etc... just they need to stay positive and have their links clicked...

chora - Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:27 am

misunkyno wrote:

removing AVe is good cause then members can have more fun, less stress etc... just they need to stay positive and have their links clicked...

I agree with you too, Ave was the worst thing to stress here.

Xazy - Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 am

Already, some people are putting their only history link as a Yer Hotel link... :roll:
Orphiania - Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:42 am

Has the reset time changed? What time is reset?
iggy67 - Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:13 am

Quote:
- minimum limit for link is 25

You mean you can't set the limit lower than 25 for all your links you have up.
If that's the case I'm not putting up any extra links for happy hours.

Zidane - Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:49 am

Yes, if minimum limit for a link is 25, it probably means Happy Hours will stop, because 9 extra links 25 credits each - you do the math. Was it a good thing to raise the limit?
iggy67 - Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:56 am

CZ-Zidane wrote:
Yes, if minimum limit for a link is 25, it probably means Happy Hours will stop, because 9 extra links 25 credits each - you do the math. Was it a good thing to raise the limit?

IMO, No. I agree happy hours will stop.

stirred, not shaken? yea, I think the hornets are about to be stirred up.

Cookie - Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:07 am

can someone tel me again why i joyned yarold a few years ago....

i'm starting to forget :twisted: :evil:

Orphiania - Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:23 am

"minimum limit for link is 25 "

Can someone tell me what this means?

And what time is reset?

Cookie - Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:24 am

you have to put 25 clicks for that... main or hystory to click there to....

and reset is stil the same

City of MT - Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:25 am

wrong

- changed minimal limit to 10

Orphiania - Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:41 am

MssMolko wrote:
you have to put 25 clicks for that... main or hystory to click there to....

and reset is stil the same

You mean you have to click 25 links before your link will appear? :???:

It seems reset just happened, half an hour later than usual.

Cookie - Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:44 am

i give up....

i think i'm just gone stop my game and yarold...

problem solved

Xazy - Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:47 am

Even my own emperor suggested this (sorry Jeanne), but I disagree with people who are showing their Yer Hotel link as the only link in main/history just so they can click those pages...

I understand Yarold's reason for making this change, it is to encourage people to click outside of the dynasty page, and offer links outside of dynasty as well... you could already do the former, and it seems some folks want to cheat their way out of the latter :/

if you don't want to share a real link in main, then don't expect to click there... there are already very few links in main as it is, and if everyone wants to start posting a link with a really long reset time (ie Yer Hotel), then there will never be a large number of good links in main... just pages and pages of links nobody can click.

tl;dr, posting a crap link in main causes more problems than it solves!
if you are worried about credits, turn off your links when you go AFK or when you're not clicking in general. show a *real* link when clicking. you GET what you GIVE.

(and of course, this doesn't apply to people who use yer hotel as their only link in the first place)

-
PS.
when so many people show a Yer Hotel link, think about what the site is like for a newbie/someone who is not in a dynasty...

dragonspiritdp - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:05 am

Orphiania wrote:

No, that means that if you set limit on your link, it must be at least 10 (not 25, see last point). This option is only available if you set Advanced Mode in the Account tab in your profile.

Zidane - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:05 am

Xazy, you are right. When I saw this update and realized that I have to set link visible on Main, I thought "and what if I set Yerhotel, it would not cost me too many credits and I will be able to click on MAIN all day", so I think Mr. Yarold has to do something with this or there would be dozens of unclickable Yerhotels - maybe set the limit to a few minutes instead of two hours? Or something, anything...
dragonspiritdp - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:08 am

CZ-Zidane wrote:
Yarold has to do something with this or there would be dozens of unclickable Yerhotels - maybe set the limit to a few minutes instead of two hours? Or something, anything...

Two hours? Then it's already improved - it used to be 5 or 6 hours if I remember correctly.

Xazy - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:11 am

The current wait time for Yer Hotel is based on that site's rules (a visitor can only go in a hotel after a certain amount of time has passed since the last one), so Yarold shortening the time on the link exchange wouldn't be a fair trade for the people who are legitimately playing that game.
Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:23 am

MssMolko wrote:
can someone tel me again why i joyned yarold a few years ago....

i'm starting to forget :twisted: :evil:

And me

Zidane - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:31 am

Xazy wrote:
The current wait time for Yer Hotel is based on that site's rules (a visitor can only go in a hotel after a certain amount of time has passed since the last one), so Yarold shortening the time on the link exchange wouldn't be a fair trade for the people who are legitimately playing that game.

Do you mean Yerhotel shortened the time limit from six hours to two, not Yarold? The limit was six hours and it is two hours now.

And when I click Yerhotel after the two hours I am told "You can not make any visits right now" or something like that, so I suspected that the Yerhotel limit is six hours and Yarold shortened that just because there was too many Yerhotel links lately - there were maybe five or six of them lately in our alliance and if you can click one every six hours, you are able to click four Yerhotels a day at most. So I thought that shortening the Yerhotel limits was what Mr: Yarold did as counter-action to fight the appearing Yerhotel links - just for "DO NOT think you will set Yerhotel link, click and not be clicked". If it is not so, mea culpa, I was only trying to figure why this was done :)

And fair trade - and what if dozens of people would set Yerhotel link as their "main visible link" just for being able to click in Main? Is it fair to clog Link exchange with unclickable links just for being able to click here?

Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:32 am

I recommend PhantasyRPG links instead of Yerhotels
Xazy - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:36 am

CZ-Zidane wrote:
Do you mean Yerhotel shortened the time limit from six hours to two, not Yarold? The limit was six hours and it is two hours now.

I don't play YerHotel, I may have misunderstood some things I saw written in the forum here recently, but I think if you are a registered user of YerHotel you can visit every 2 hours, otherwise it is still 6.

Quote:
And fair trade - and what if dozens of people would set Yerhotel link as their "main visible link" just for being able to click in Main? Is it fair to clog Link exchange with unclickable links just for being able to click here?

I agree with you, I'm just saying a shorter time isn't helpful for people who actually play YerHotel (as opposed to a person who only signs up so he can have a link in Yarold's).

Cookie - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:40 am

the only problem is for me that i dont get anything of paypall are whatever the name is...
and paying for cr.... sorry not in to that...

the people who put links in main... need clicks... i need credits... so what is the problem the way it was??

Orphiania - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 am

dragonspiritdp wrote:
Orphiania wrote:

No, that means that if you set limit on your link, it must be at least 10 (not 25, see last point). This option is only available if you set Advanced Mode in the Account tab in your profile.

Thankyou very much for answering my question.

Zidane - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 am

13 Yerhotels in Main now. And I think it will be worse. Yes, people have a link Main visible. But I am not able to click it, so if I will set my Myminicity link as Main visible, I will lose my credits pretty quickly because I will not be able to click back. What to do with it aside of setting a Yerhotel link too?
Gary - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:44 am

chora wrote:
misunkyno wrote:

I agree with you too, Ave was the worst thing to stress here.

Ave was the reason why i left the dynasties, it scared me away :D

Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:57 am

Xazy wrote:
Even my own emperor suggested this (sorry Jeanne), but I disagree with people who are showing their Yer Hotel link as the only link in main/history just so they can click those pages...

Yes as a protest to these updates being forced on us without any warning - not specifically the show on the area you click - but the whole package and I also did it when seing the Hotels multiply to show that (once again) an update not well thought through.

Xazy - Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:01 am

Okay Jeanne, if it is in protest then I understand ;)
boots63 - Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:47 am

i encourage all member to add a year hotel in his profil . i'm very very disapointing , even if some change are good but it's the first time i see that the rules change between a battle!!!!! and without inform all member before . i think all member can have a minimum of respect!!! isnt'it . so like jeanne i put an year hotel in my profil ...

if you aren't stupid to the same thing....

lord-boots at your service

Spexarcity - Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:48 am

Jeanne wrote:
Xazy wrote:

Yes as a protest to these updates being forced on us without any warning - not specifically the show on the area you click - but the whole package and I also did it when seing the Hotels multiply to show that (once again) an update not well thought through.

I absolutely agree with you!
Yarold is Yerhotel link exchange page at the moment...

:(

Xazy - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:02 am

I lost sight of one of my points, here:

Quote:
I understand Yarold's reason for making this change, it is to encourage people to click outside of the dynasty page, and offer links outside of dynasty as well... you could already do the former, and it seems some folks want to cheat their way out of the latter :/

the number of links on Main is generally very small...
if you force any user who wants to click on main to also show a link there, it actually benefits anyone who is NOT in a dynasty, because it gives them more links to click. Whereas if you show only in dynasty but still click main, there is little "exchange" there, it is just taking credits away from a non-dynasty user.

I think a solution that still requires you to show a link in the page you want to click:
(for example) if you are in a dynasty, all clicks on main are at a half rate (you only lose half as many credits by being clicked, you only gain half as many when clicking), but if you are not in a dynasty, the rate for gained/given is the same as for a dynasty member in his dynasty exchange...

this would encourage people to show links in main without causing harm to non-dynasty users, who are currently getting shafted by the Yer Hotel protest

Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:05 am

Another simple solution could be that you will show in the history page of every user you have clicked.
Ferrari - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:10 am

:evil:

I was so proud of my stats , when i went to registerd members and clicked ''most clicks done'' to saw Ferrari on 1st place in that yarold page... and now all stats are gone........

Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:12 am

Yes some has worked hard for a long time for their stats ..... and the confusion on the dyn page where is the Emp? - the Kampaku? - all a mess!

I have lost 1 member, she left with: This is too much!! - 2 has informed me if this continues they will quit.

sks - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 am

Ferrari wrote:

I was so proud of my stats , when i went to registerd members and clicked ''most clicks done'' to saw Ferrari on 1st place in that yarold page... and now all stats are gone........

exactly!! what problem was with all time stats?? :evil:
you stole all the time i spent here...... :evil:

looks like my time here comes close to the end.....

Ferrari - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:30 am

sks wrote:
Ferrari wrote:

exactly!! what problem was with all time stats?? :evil:
you stole all the time i spent here...... :evil:

looks like my time here comes close to the end.....

my stats was 4 year of hard working, promoting yarold, clicking like crazy, i knew i could never pass metalteo he was to good (RIP my friend ) now i passed him, becouse he died and could not click annymore, all this stats are gone, i loved to see his name everyday there.... gone gone gone all gone
Stan this hurt so much .......

70Chevelle - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 am

this all seems very complicated. I will look at it again when I've had more rest -(I've been sick) but none of the new columns make any sense to me and I had to hunt for the links!? - shouldn't those show by default?

Oh well - I've been wanting to quit and the only reason I have been staying is for my Emp.

This will probably push me to leave

and another thing - last year when I joined - I PAYED to have a VIP - so that I wouldn't have to show anything in history - so are all of us that paid for VIP going to get a refund? - yea I know we're not - but it feels like I've been robbed - not much point in even being vip anymore

Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:53 am

Stan reverse this update, break it down in smaller portions, make a "council" of users (emperors?) to sit down and discuss the best solution.

I understand the need for more links on main but this is too extensive an update - reverse it before yarolds implodes.

Ferrari - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:57 am

[ : Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:48 am ]
Jeanne wrote:
Yes some has worked hard for a long time for their stats ..... and the confusion on the dyn page where is the Emp? - the Kampaku? - all a mess!

if you push "rank" in dynasty page, not dyn exchange page, you will see emperor, kampaku, shoguns, daimyos and so on.

you see this, all those words you can push :wink:

Credits Members Rank SumAvg SumYday Dyn SumAvg Dyn SumYday Activity Last Login Promotions

@ Yarold , what i write above to jeanne
Can you make that set as default..................?
you will have to set that again every time you delete cookies............
The rank is most important thing in that row.

DemonicJ - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:06 am

Great update, now we can see who gives & takes rather than the old stats only showing who the takers are.

As credit transfer still exist the numbers still wont be a true reflection of people abilities.

apart from some layout issues, good update!

Blurk - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:07 am

Sorting the Registered Members page on Total Clicks Done was my favourite 'game'.
That alone was a reason to come back every day and click like crazy.
With that gone, what's the point now :roll:

70Chevelle - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:11 am

DemonicJ wrote:
Great update, now we can see who gives & takes rather than the old stats only showing who the takers are.

As credit transfer still exist the numbers still wont be a true reflection of people abilities.

apart from some layout issues, good update!

I'm sorry - can you point out what part is good? I don't know what you mean by credit transfers - is this supposed to be evil now? I don't know - only credits I ever transfered was to keep one of our members from going negative - guess I'll quit that now - other than that - all I see is is difficult to understand and no reason given for any of it. and I also have no clue what is meant by givers and takers - I am here to get clicks for my link - nothing more - nothing less - now it seems we have to play a game while we are here - I see no point in turning a click exchange into a game- there are enough of those already

DemonicJ - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 am

70Chevelle wrote:
I see no point in turning a click exchange into a game- there are enough of those already

for a long time this has been a game, these new stats are a step forward to show who is exchanging (those that give & take) & who are just collecting credits (the takers, not giving back as much as they take) .

Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:18 am

DemonicJ wrote:
70Chevelle wrote:
I see no point in turning a click exchange into a game- there are enough of those already

for a long time this has been a game, these new stats are a step forward to show who is exchanging (those that give & take) & who are just collecting credits (the takers, not giving back as much as they take) .

First of all: and to what good? will we receive a golden star in our stats for being good exchangers?

Those numbers will not show anything - I buy a lot of credits, I show my links a lot but mostly I give my credits away so others can show their links - does that make me a lesser user?

70Chevelle - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:25 am

DemonicJ wrote:

I don't care if someone "collects" credits - who would? - I get enough clicks on my links each day - so I really don't care who clicks it and I get enough to click - or I did- no way to do that now without throwing away credits - the only thing I see with this is that everyone will be forced to join a dynasty to get enough links to click because Main or history is simply not worth it anymore

bodisson-2 - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:26 am

hello,

for what i can see these new brutal rules are not unanimously even for fierced pillars who let a lot of time and ardor , Isn't it a little disrespect :cry:
As far I'm concerned , I would hope a step back.
I came here more for orginality way than exchange (I think it's not the first vocation of yarold).
Well,yarold has certainly those reasons to do that but the more we can see YerHotel links the more we can think users are disapointed :wink:
I don't like this kind of way mostly it will generate new rules again :grin:
I will see turn of events for future........

Spexarcity - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:28 am

Quote:
0 244 emperor
[V]Spexarcity

Why that? My AVE is zero? Where did my AVE go?

And I did more than 48 dynasty clicks yesterday!

There seems to be a bug.

Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:33 am

70Chevelle wrote:

I don't care if someone "collects" credits - who would? - I get enough clicks on my links each day - so I really don't care who clicks it and I get enough to click - or I did- no way to do that now without throwing away credits - the only thing I see with this is that everyone will be forced to join a dynasty to get enough links to click because Main or history is simply not worth it anymore

That has been the case for a while now and that is very bad for Yarolds cause new reg. members can't find enough to click on main to keep the link positive so they don't get enough clicks for their games and they leave the site again.

But again this entire update messes with too much without really solving that problem.

DemonicJ - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:45 am

70Chevelle wrote:
the only thing I see with this is that everyone will be forced to join a dynasty to get enough links to click because Main or history is simply not worth it anymore

In order to click in main, those in dynasties have to show in main. I would think that would mean members arent forced to join dynasties to get the extra's.

Quote:
First of all: and to what good? will we receive a golden star in our stats for being good exchangers?

Maybe those that exchange will now be recognised for their contributions. as to whether that makes you a lesser user, I wouldnt think so.

Jeanne, rough numbers you get 4 clicks for every 3 click people get from you. 70chevelle is near 1 to 1 & there are users that get clicked more than they can click. Who is the better contributor to the site (for links), someone that can click more than others or someone that provides the links for others to click on (all links are appreciated as it is a link exchange site)?? Without those that can & do get clicked more the exchange would dry up would it not? So why not recognise & have the figures to show it, those that can do well on both the showing & the clicking of links, rather than those that can just click.

Please note this is in no way a personal attack on you or 70chevelle at all, but as you both asked I used you both as examples

norrbotten - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:52 am

Okey, maybe I'm stupid but I don't understand anything.
I woke up this morning and had zero in Average Dynasty clicks done. If everyone had zero it would have been understandable but now....
Then I click about 250 dynasty links and I get: Dynasty clicks done today: 83 ???????

Yarold takes up a lot of time but it was a lot of fun when I understood how to reach a gole, but now... Is the meaning that I should click all that I can and pray to some god that it will count and that I maybe, if I get lucky, will get an average over zero again.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Dragonstar - Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:02 am

Can we go back to sorting by rank on the Dynasty page? I used to be able to see ranks at a glance, but now I have to work hard to read the list. This alphabetical sorting is confusing.
Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:16 am

DemonicJ wrote:

Maybe those that exchange will now be recognised for their contributions. as to whether that makes you a lesser user, I wouldnt think so.

Jeanne, rough numbers you get 4 clicks for every 3 click people get from you. 70chevelle is near 1 to 1 & there are users that get clicked more than they can click. Who is the better contributor to the site (for links), someone that can click more than others or someone that provides the links for others to click on (all links are appreciated as it is a link exchange site)?? Without those that can & do get clicked more the exchange would dry up would it not? So why not recognise & have the figures to show it, those that can do well on both the showing & the clicking of links, rather than those that can just click.

Please note this is in no way a personal attack on you or 70chevelle at all, but as you both asked I used you both as examples

yes according to my clicks received and clicks done + the amount of credits I have bought how many credits should I have now? and since I don't even have a fraction where are they? They have been given to other users so they could show more links and get more clicks.

Now where does that stat show? since we're aiming for recognizing "efforts".

And since you have referrals that are strong clickers (myself being one) then a bunch of your clicks received is thanks to them not to your efforts.

[ Added: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:19 pm ]
Dragonstar wrote:
Can we go back to sorting by rank on the Dynasty page? I used to be able to see ranks at a glance, but now I have to work hard to read the list. This alphabetical sorting is confusing.

I agree - and it's not alphabetical - I think it's clicks done that determines who's on top.

DemonicJ - Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:22 am

Jeanne wrote:
yes according to my clicks received and clicks done + the amount of credits I have bought how many credits should I have now? and since I don't even have a fraction where are they? They have been given to other users so they could show more links and get more clicks.

And since you have referrals that are strong clickers (myself being one) then a bunch of your clicks received is thanks to them not to your efforts..

What you & others do with your credits is your own call. To answer where they show up in the stats, I would have thought that obvious. You or others transfer to a neg you click the links you get the clicks added to your stats. Same now as it was before. What my referrals click has nothing to do with who has clicked me. never has & still wont affect the numbers I do

Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 am

DemonicJ wrote:

What my referrals click has nothing to do with who has clicked me. never has & still wont affect the numbers I do

It sure does since you get a fraction of a credit for each click your referrals make it means you can receive more clicks than you make.

When you had your Xmass holiday and was gone a week your links got clicked all week - you returned to having more credits than you did when you left because a lotto pay out day happened while you were gone and your referrals clicked like crazy.

Solrayne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:30 am

Thos whole ordeal seems to be an unnecessary mess.... :roll:
Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:32 am

Solrayne wrote:
Thos whole ordeal seems to be an unnecessary mess.... :roll:

Agreed and how this will stop feeder dynasties is beyond my comprehension.

DemonicJ - Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:39 am

Jeanne wrote:
It sure does since you get a fraction of a credit for each click your referrals make it means you can receive more clicks than you make.

When you had your Xmass holiday and was gone a week your links got clicked all week - you returned to having more credits than you did when you left because a lotto pay out day happened while you were gone and your referrals clicked like crazy.

Now your making this personal?? If it means that much to you, go recruit like I did. Wasnt all that hard & shouldnt you or anyone else be rewarded for bringing members to the site?

Just remember this, I didnt bring in the change, I didnt code it, I didnt even get asked about it. So if you feel that strongly about it, direct your rantings (objectively rather than personally) where they belong. As I said before, I like what the changes are aimed at doing & I think those that give as many links as they take should be recognised

Jeanne wrote:

Thats a comment I do agree with though. The only way to stop feeder dynasties & feeder members is to stop credit transfers

Jeanne - Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:45 am

DemonicJ wrote:

Now your making this personal?? If it means that much to you, go recruit like I did. Wasnt all that hard & shouldnt you or anyone else be rewarded for bringing members to the site?

No I am not making it personal - sorry if it sounds like that (blame it on my very high level of frustrations over this update) I am responding to your explanations and yes I do think people should be rewarded for bringing new members to the site I just don't think it should be a "life-sentence" to be a referral. It is not "fair" that I get a fraction less for my clicks done than the next guy.

DemonicJ wrote:

Jeanne wrote:

Thats a comment I do agree with though. The only way to stop feeder dynasties & feeder members is to stop credit transfers

Oh Jay - no comments

DemonicJ - Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:55 am

Jeanne wrote:
It is not "fair" that I get a fraction less for my clicks done than the next guy.

Can you show me anywhere where its written as a referal you dont get the full click credit?

Then get the topic back on subject

Cookie - Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:03 pm

you nows what this means..
alot of hard work from everyone is just gone
ferrari is right so is sks so is Jeanne and manny others even boots....
this hole thing is just a mess
and people wil even leave more...
there are olready friends gone
because of all the changes that were going on...

my fun died a long time ago....

sorry :cry:

Alba - Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:28 pm

I want to know why everyone has not been treated equally. If these changes were made at the reset, all would start from 0 at the same time.

The way that Stan has done this, he has benefited members who play at the end of "yarold day".

Some of us click after the reset. Get most of our clicks before bedtime.

When we return for the 06.00 HH, we find our accounts at 0. After having done 90% of our clicks.

But who does the clicks at the last minute, gets the advantage ... WHY??? Some of my members want to leave Yarold because of this inequality made by Stan.

Therefore, I think it's right for a new reset, where we can all be equal. Where we can all start from 0.

Also, I was waiting for another change that we did talk about for a long time " allow emps to assign priveleges (accepting/promoting/clicking) only to certain individuals " - this would stop a lot of troubles.

engelina - Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:31 pm

i am wondering whether this is yarolds, or yer hotel exchance... i stopped playing yer hotel, but now neither history nor main is even worth turning a link for.. its all links i cant click, or have to come back every two hours for to click one link, then wait two hours, click a hotel again..

if more and more people start showing yer hotel, i might be one of the people that decides to leave yarolds. i do not mind having to set a link on for main to click main or history, but i do mind having tons of un-clickable links around, while knowing that they can click me since i mostly play dragcave or unicreatures. there are at least 6 hotels on the dynasty exchange alone.. i never get to click all of those on a day, either. now there are even more unclickable links.

Zidane - Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Yes. As I said here before, YerHotel links are getting annoying. 20 Yerhotels in Main now.

Main clogged with Yerhotel, History clogged with Yerhotel... yes, people share links on Main. But how that helps others when I am not able to click those Yerhotels because of the two hours limit? I wonder if Mr. Yarold did not think about the "have I to show link on Main? Yerhotel is great idea, nobody can click it because of the limit!" thing or if he sees it as a serious problem already and is thinking about some counter-action...those Yerhotels are REALLY getting annoying...

engelina - Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:50 pm

i advised the few members i have in my dynasty to no longer use main or history, and only click in dynasty.

with allthe hotels, there simply is nothing worth clicking on those two pages anymore.

iFly - Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:59 pm

I know another solution, but just to the Yer Hotel problem. Many will not like it, but many will.

Ban Yer Hotel links. Do not allow them on the site...when somebody tries to put a YH link up, make an error that says 'Yer Hotel links are not allowed on this site; Sorry.'

That is a way to get rid of the YH's...but some actually DO want clicks on their YH links...so there are problems with that.

PaiGow - Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:02 pm

First impressions:

Just a bit confusing for some, but I don't think so. It's nice to see gained vs given averages. I try to make it a zero-sum game by keeping my credit at a nearly constant level (with a nice cushion for sponsoring contests or crazy clicking days) and am now expecting these averages to reflect that. Thus making me a good "exchanger"? It's not too difficult using "Customize" to bring back the old view if you like, but I usually only option to see "links" except once or twice a day to read short notes.

Nice to see all the extra stats. Easy to identify who is gaining but not giving and should make it easier for many EMPs on deciding who to keep vs kicking and accepting new members when needs arise.

It's also nice to bring the playing field back to level by resetting stats. Maybe upsetting to some from reading above comments, but IMO, it's just the start of a new season, per se, and we should be judged with current performance and not so much living in the past.

Thank you, Stan, for stirring the soup :)

iFly - Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Another something I do not understand...it tells me my average dyn clicks done are 0...yet others are at 399 and some even 500! I do not understand how it could be that way?
Gary - Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:15 pm

iFly wrote:
I know another solution, but just to the Yer Hotel problem. Many will not like it, but many will.

Ban Yer Hotel links. Do not allow them on the site...when somebody tries to put a YH link up, make an error that says 'Yer Hotel links are not allowed on this site; Sorry.'

That is a way to get rid of the YH's...but some actually DO want clicks on their YH links...so there are problems with that.

I was thinking of that, imo i think they should, also phantasyrpg links should be banned too, because if yerhotel was banned then everyone would put up those phantasyrpg links.

sks - Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:36 pm

well as always.....instead of simple change (for example like i suggested here http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/v...er=asc&start=60 you again decided to punish common members.... instead of trying to help the members you made all harder for them.... insteda of trying to solve the problem with "action links" you made so called human awareness test (lmao) which helps nothing just annoys... and now? instead of solving the problems with so called feeder dynasties and (finally) the problem with links in "main" you made this....thing... since i've joined i almost always showed my link in "main", even as a non-vip, now you forced me to remove my link from "main" coz i'm not going to feed the fake hoteliers with my credits.... (btw. i suggest you the phantasy rpg game, much more helpfull!)
really thanks for helping me with my game.....!
there is only one reason to stay for me, the friends i found here. be sure it's not the link exchange...those <5% of valid clicks i receive for my my-brute link i can get on hydra too or maybe even by spamming my contacts on icq....

at the end, can someone explain me, please:
1. how this change helps to eliminate so called feeder dynasties?
2. how the removing of total-clicks-done and total-clicks-received statistics helped to eliminate "feeder" dynasties or to see more links in "main"?
3. what reason is to have a "history" when i have to show there a link to click someone who already clicked me? is there then a difference between "history" and "main"?
4. why is the box for "links" in "customize" not set to be checked by default, is this also to help the "main" exchange?
5. where can be found the explanations for all that new columns?

Bruno73 - Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:52 pm

This is to my view the best update that could ever be made, thank you so much for that, Stan!

Please all give this new scoring system a try before rejecting it or leaving Yarold.

Now we are really going to exchange links as clicks received will count as much as clicks done.

What is now the strategy to adopt? Still to click like crazy but also to show like crazy!

10 links 24/7 for all VIPs is now just a question of time... :grin:

iFly - Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:55 pm

I still do not understand why it tells me my 'Average Dynasty Clicks done' is 0 while others' are up to 400....

And I agree with Bruno. this is day 1 of the new system and people are being so pessimistic. Look on the bright side and please give this system a try. :)

engelina - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm

the new system on its own is not what frustrates me... its what some do toget around it, is! (( those **** yer hotel links!! and if some follow the advice from here, we will see those annoying fantasy rpg links again, too ))

the3 rest i am willing to give a try for a few days begfore deciding.

and bruno: ten link? that will be the end of yarolds for me.. i do not have ten game links that interest me! and i refuse to sign up for more games then i am interested in.

turdkey - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Set profile link 25 dyn, hist and main. At the time of posting this has cost me 292? Where did I get it wrong?
Have no allies so why is my credit still falling?

70Chevelle - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:23 pm

I have seen several people ask - but it still has not been answered - why - since this is the first day - did some folks get to keep their avg while others were set to 0? Would someone care to explain just how this is fair?
Hella - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Well, I surely choose I good day to come back here! Somewhat confusing. Maybe I should just get a Hotel ^^
engelina - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Hella wrote:
Well, I surely choose I good day to come back here! Somewhat confusing. Maybe I should just get a Hotel ^^

great.. one more link i can not click... just what is needed.

sorry, but getting tired of seeing more and more hotels, while i can only click one every 2 hours!

and while i cant click them.. they do click my unicreature link. (( or dragcave, if i show that one ))

norrbotten - Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:02 pm

The new system is not my problem, this is that I have:

Dynasty clicks done: 293
Dynasty clicks done today: 130
Average Dynasty clicks done: 0

While someone else can have:

Dynasty clicks done: 348
Dynasty clicks done today: 0
Average Dynasty clicks done: 348

So it's not changing the system that's making me angry, it's the malfunction that makes me wanna leave!!

P.S

I've done about 300 dyn clicks today after 7.00 server time and get 130 counted.

D.S

Alba - Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 pm

norrbotten wrote:
The new system is not my problem, this is that I have:

Dynasty clicks done: 293
Dynasty clicks done today: 130
Average Dynasty clicks done: 0

While someone else can have:

Dynasty clicks done: 348
Dynasty clicks done today: 0
Average Dynasty clicks done: 348

So it's not changing the system that's making me angry, it's the malfunction that makes me wanna leave!!

P.S

I've done about 300 dyn clicks today after 7.00 server time and get 130 counted.

D.S

I say that in my post:

albacyty wrote:
I want to know why everyone has not been treated equally. If these changes were made at the reset, all would start from 0 at the same time.

The way that Stan has done this, he has benefited members who play at the end of "yarold day".

Some of us click after the reset. Get most of our clicks before bedtime.

When we return for the 06.00 HH, we find our accounts at 0. After having done 90% of our clicks.

But who does the clicks at the last minute, gets the advantage ... WHY??? Some of my members want to leave Yarold because of this inequality made by Stan.

Therefore, I think it's right for a new reset, where we can all be equal. Where we can all start from 0.

and that is the reason! he do it before of reset! then, there was people clicking, and others no... who was clicking when he make the change, after reset have his scores, and who was not here before of reset have 0!!!

then, now, EVERYONE ARE NO EQUAL, SOME PEOPLE START WITH 0 AND OTHER PEOPLE START WITH CLICKS DONE AND RECEIVE!!!

That is not right, Stan!!!

Yarold - Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Quote:

They were not reset

Quote:
Sorting the Registered Members page on Total Clicks Done was my favourite 'game'.
That alone was a reason to come back every day and click like crazy.
With that gone, what's the point now :roll:

Same, they were not reset.
Also you skip reading of my post:
Quote:
You you can write if you need any column added.

Quote:
I'm sorry - can you point out what part is good? I don't know what you mean by credit transfers - is this supposed to be evil now? I don't know - only credits I ever transfered was to keep one of our members from going negative - guess I'll quit that now - other than that - all I see is is difficult to understand and no reason given for any of it. and I also have no clue what is meant by givers and takers - I am here to get clicks for my link - nothing more - nothing less - now it seems we have to play a game while we are here - I see no point in turning a click exchange into a game- there are enough of those already

Im sorry but what exacly forces you to play this game? If your only for clicks then no number than clicks received should matter to you, and ironicaly this one have been added

Quote:
I woke up this morning and had zero in Average Dynasty clicks done. If everyone had zero it would have been understandable but now....
Then I click about 250 dynasty links and I get: Dynasty clicks done today: 83 ???????

Yarold takes up a lot of time but it was a lot of fun when I understood how to reach a gole, but now... Is the meaning that I should click all that I can and pray to some god that it will count and that I maybe, if I get lucky, will get an average over zero again.

I will look into that

Quote:

No such idea was proposed anywhere before. I suggest suggestion board to work on it fully as this is only a concept.

Quote:

That is correct. Mayby i'll think of banning cheaters.

Quote:
Wasnt all that hard & shouldnt you or anyone else be rewarded for bringing members to the site?

Will take that as a need for some 'referral contest'

Quote:
alot of hard work from everyone is just gone

It is not gone, see up

Quote:
I want to know why everyone has not been treated equally.

Im sorry but it couldnt been done in better way. Please also include that, at first there was a problem with counting, then some things that should happen at reset didnt worked, and finnaly it was 30min after reset when i could check if next one will work.

Quote:
now you forced me to remove my link from "main" coz i'm not going to feed the fake hoteliers with my credits....

Please explain me how it was more fair when you were clicked by people who only showed link on dynasty page, where you didnt have any access.

Quote:
4. why is the box for "links" in "customize" not set to be checked by default, is this also to help the "main" exchange?

It is because you checked that by yourself.

Quote:
I have seen several people ask - but it still has not been answered - why - since this is the first day - did some folks get to keep their avg while others were set to 0? Would someone care to explain just how this is fair?

Ok, yesterday will be erased so it will be fair for everyone.

PaiGow - Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:25 pm

70Chevelle wrote:

I don't think anyone "kept their average". After the new "accounting system" came on-line, ~3 hours before last Y* reset (nice music video during the down time, by the way) all our averages/clicks/totals were reset to zero.

The averages/ prior day totals/ etc reflect only the activity after the "system stats reset" and before last 07:00 Y* reset. If you didn't click during the last few hours before last Y* reset, then you will still have a zero average.

Will someone "in the know" correct me if I'm wrong?

Happy clicking,

[edit] Nevermind...ninja'd by the man:)[/edit]

sks - Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:58 pm

Yarold wrote:

Quote:
now you forced me to remove my link from "main" coz i'm not going to feed the fake hoteliers with my credits....

Please explain me how it was more fair when you were clicked by people who only showed link on dynasty page, where you didnt have any access.

i've never said it was more fair...this is the same....i pay a lot of credits to be clicked by ppl i can't click back... not important if it's because they don't show the link or show link with 2hrs waiting time (creating just to be able to click in main/history).... before it was even better coz i could click those who clicked me at least in history which i can't now without showing link ALSO there....so finally yes i have to say it was more fair for me before

Yarold wrote:
Quote:

It is because you checked that by yourself.

well i'm sure i didn't. coz i came today and see no links in "main" then came to profile where was checked the box for dynasty and "main"...i had to uncheck both and check them back.....

why don't you answer my other questions, please? especially what problem was with total-clicks-done/received statistics that they had to be removed?

i also asked (i copied them so you needn't search for those questions):

1. how this change helps to eliminate so called feeder dynasties?
2. how the removing of total-clicks-done and total-clicks-received statistics helped to eliminate "feeder" dynasties or to see more links in "main"?
3. what reason is to have a "history" when i have to show there a link to click someone who already clicked me? is there then a difference between "history" and "main"?
5. where can be found the explanations for all that new columns?

thanks in advance

ratchet freak - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:21 pm

here's an idea; disband all dynasties that way they have to show their real links in main and history

and the only reason I joined my first is that I wanted to ensure people followed up on my action links (pre CARE days)

chvchv - Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Here is a tough question for Yarold:

Now that the clicks we receive and the clicks we make are used to calculate the average and ranking, did you do that to make people to buy credits ?

The scenario: I buy a million credits (that's 2000 Euros. I could do that without a problem, but I won't do it for sure). I show 10 Minicity links all day long and I don't make a single click by myself. Being in a Dynasty with 400 members means that I will get up to 4000 clicks. (4000+0)/2=2000. Will I wind up with an Ave of (up to) 2000 for the next year and will I then be looked at as the best member? I so, then this would be totally unfair to those who can't buy any credits and have to click their way up. Even the best ones only wound up will only wind up with an Ave of about 1000, spending hours and hours on the computer, while I do absolutely nothing.

So: Money talks, forget the rest?

Sejjas - Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:57 pm

yes I have thought so too, if you then still click 800 you have absolutely the best, so this is again just for players with money!
Ella - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14 pm

chvchv wrote:
Here is a tough question for Yarold:

Now that the clicks we receive and the clicks we make are used to calculate the average and ranking, did you do that to make people to buy credits ?

The scenario: I buy a million credits......

- removed 'buy credits' link hidding after donations limit is hit
- disabled form on 'buy credits' when limit is hit

I don't know what that limit is, but i think low enough to enforce people keep clicking for their credits.

bluebell_rose - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Sejjas wrote:
yes I have thought so too, if you then still click 800 you have absolutely the best, so this is again just for players with money!

yes I agree, it seems even worse than before. Now only dyns who can afford to buy credits can reach the top. Dyns who clcik their way up can never hope to reach the top

chvchv - Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:55 pm

bluebell_rose wrote:
Sejjas wrote:

yes I agree, it seems even worse than before. Now only dyns who can afford to buy credits can reach the top. Dyns who clcik their way up can never hope to reach the top

I have already discussed this issue with Bruno73 a while ago. It looks like that Yarold wants to make money with this website. Well.... he can do it... it's his website. But he kills the fun for everyone by doing so. I can't see how this new system benefits anyone else. Everybody hates the changes, except for Bruno73.

<cynicism>Thanks Bruno73 !!!!!</cynicism> I hope you are happy now. You now have 5601 enemies.

Yarold - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Quote:
i've never said it was more fair...this is the same...

ok, if you say so

Quote:
why don't you answer my other questions, please?

you skip reading of my posts i skip yours

Quote:
: I buy a million credits

Im afraid you cant.

chvchv - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm

[message deleted by god]
sks - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:22 pm

thank you very much
Xazy - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:32 pm

I don't hate the changes, I'm just annoyed by people who are trying to get around the system by showing Yer Hotel, even if I understand their motives :P

chvchv he is not saying you can't afford 1mil credits, I assume that there's something in the system that would prevent you from purchasing that many.

as for yarold making money, I have never personally put money into the site (though I know others have on my behalf), although I care about making my dynasty happy by doing what the emperor asks of me, ultimately it is not important to me about where my dynasty is ranked as long as I have a good time and get clicks on my links.

Yarold - Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Quote:
So, will I get an answer to my question ?

Quote:
Will I wind up with an Ave of (up to) 2000 for the next year and will I then be looked at as the best member?

"false => truth" is truth* so answer is yes.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Material_conditional

LeandroJF - Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:50 pm

My stats today:

Total clicks received today: 564
Total clicks done today: 1048

never got this before

and there is still 6 hours to the reset.

Tks Stan for the updates.

Regards

Wolverines - Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:09 am

thanks stan but anyway of getting total clicks received and given back on registered users page?
chvchv - Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:12 am

Xazy wrote:
I don't hate the changes, I'm just annoyed by people who are trying to get around the system by showing Yer Hotel, even if I understand their motives :P

The site goes commercial. That's the problem. The 12 year old kids with a 50 Euro allowance a month can't afford to buy (worthless) credits.

And: Let's see what happens with the YerHotel thing...

Xazy wrote:
chvchv he is not saying you can't afford 1mil credits, I assume that there's something in the system that would prevent you from purchasing that many.

What would it be ? There is no limit when I try to purchase 1.000.000 credits. It goes all the way though to the PayPal page where I just need to confirm the 2078.35 Euro order. Would Yarold then tell me that I can get the 1.000.000 credits after I've paid the money ?

Xazy wrote:
as for yarold making money, I have never personally put money into the site (though I know others have on my behalf), although I care about making my dynasty happy by doing what the emperor asks of me, ultimately it is not important to me about where my dynasty is ranked as long as I have a good time and get clicks on my links.

Exactly!!!! Absolutely right!! We all just wanna have fun. The old system was perfectly ok. There was no need to complicate the ranking and mess up everything. Just read this whole thread. There is nobody happy with the changes (except for Bruno73).

The fun is over. The new system is too complicated.

I'll observe the thing for a while, just to see what's happening now.

------------------------------

@Yarold: So basically: The site goes (secretly) commercial and (of course) you avoid to talk about the topic. In fully understand. Money is the reason for all of that. There will be members buying credits. Now more than ever, because now "it makes sense" (higher average, higher ranking). I'm not going to spend any money on virtual worthless credits which don't buy me anything except for the fake feeling that I am the best member at Yarolds with the highest Ave.

iFly - Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 am

chv, I am happy with the new updates for a reason far from Bruno's...my reason is similar to DemonicJ's. If you can show extra links then you can still have a high ranking...but of course it means losing credits. So I will gather credits up, and when I go away, I will show all 10 for the allies and still MAKE clicks and my average won't go down the drain. I still show extras at Happy Hours anyway. :)
Yarold - Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:11 am

Wolverines wrote:
thanks stan but anyway of getting total clicks received and given back on registered users page?

added

Quote:
@Yarold: So basically: The site goes (secretly) commercial and (of course) you avoid to talk about the topic.

Im avoiding talking on this topic talking about it. But i might stop doing that if you continue to use whining tone.
Quote:
In fully understand.

im afraid it might be not that simple
Quote:
Money is the reason for all of that.

Nope, you have reason here.
Quote:
I'm not going to spend any money on virtual worthless credits

Thank you, your decisions are valued.

Quote:
It goes all the way though to the PayPal

silly me, fixed

So far i fell that im more 'money hungry' by putting more and more limits.

Jeanne - Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:28 am

Well Stan since you're answering direct questions:

Why do you make such huge changes to the site without putting a "feeler" out among the users first?

The last big update in November last year was a disaster just look how many good members has left because of the frustrations and animosity it caused.

You didn't have to make this so extensive to stop the problems at hand not then nor now.

chvchv - Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:06 am

Yarold wrote:
chvchv wrote:
@Yarold: So basically: The site goes (secretly) commercial and (of course) you avoid to talk about the topic.

Im avoiding talking on this topic talking about it. But i might stop doing that if you continue to use whining tone.

I don't whine. (Sniff).
It's of course your decision if you go commercial or not. The members will figure that out by themselves over time. The only problem is that commercializing would change the whole nature of this link exchange.

Yarold wrote:
chvchv wrote:
In fully understand.

im afraid it might be not that simple
chvchv wrote:
Money is the reason for all of that.

Nope, you have reason here.

Thanks for the link. This makes totally sense. You're right. I don't have a solution for that right now, but I'll let you know when I have an idea.

I don't think that the "stirred, not shaken update" solves the problem.

Yarold wrote:
chvchv wrote:
It goes all the way though to the PayPal

silly me, fixed

I'm glad I could help to find a bug.

What is the limit ? How many credits can someone buy and over what period of time ?

Bruno73 - Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:14 am

Quote:
There is nobody happy with the changes (except for Bruno73).

First, that is not true, as anyone who reads carefully this thread can see.

Second, there are always more people complaining than congratuling. This is typical human behaviour.

Last but not least, as Leandro noticed, just check how many clicks were done on Yarold today, compared to the last days. And this is only the beginning...

greenfish - Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:21 am

I find this discussion very amusing. People take this way too seriously. I click and people click me and my city grows. Isn't that the point of this site? The rest is irrelevant. I'm ok with the change. It is actually kind of nice to easily see how many people clicked you.

Ok you can resume your arguing now.

bluebell_rose - Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:48 am

I could already see how many clicks received before the update. Staying postive with links on main is pretty hard for people unless you have a link that's boycotted, like my pokeplushie link when I 1st joined. I had my link on both main and dyn and managed to hoard 1k. But that was only because my link was a boycotted link. And it doesn't solve the problem of feeders. In fact a emp and his shoguns could buy up a boatload of credits and then pay their members to show 10 links 24/7. Everyone remains postive. And everyone clicks alot and their avg shoot up straight through the roof, and their members remain postive. How are you going to prevent that?
Xazy - Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:18 am

So we had 24 hours to look at it and use it...

Even with all of those YerHotel links and me participating in 2 happy hours with 10 links showing, I managed to give more clicks than I received...

I don't see any problem here!

chvchv - Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:13 am

Bruno73 wrote:
Quote:
There is nobody happy with the changes (except for Bruno73).

First, that is not true, as anyone who read carefully this thread can see.

Second, there are always more people complaining than congratuling. This is typical human behaviour.

Last but not least, as Leandro noticed, just check how many clicks were done on Yarold today, compared to the last days. And this is only the beginning...

So lets do the math:

You show 10 links on Main, History and Dynasty all day long. You've received 3627 clicks yesterday and you've clicked 1318 links. So yesterday has cost you 2309 credits. You have currently 7310 credits (it was 7750 credits just half an hour ago). With the current rate you will be broke in 3,16 days (Sunday morning). I will continue to observe!

What are you going to do then when you don't have any more credits to show your links ?
Will you buy credits ?
Will you beg for credits ? (Don't ask me. I will not give you any!!)
Will you stop showing 10 links all day long ? Oops... And here is the problem: If you don't show 10 links all day long, then you will not have an Ave of 3627 anymore. It will drop dramatically, because you can only show as many links as you click yourself (except for when you buy credits).

BTW: Forget your dream that everyone is going to show 10 links everywhere all day long. This is not going to happen.

00quick00 - Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:26 pm

I was one of the first few people who were using Yer Hotel and campaigned for a change from the previous link cost of 5 credits to 1 credit due to that most people were receiving only one valid click after ~50 people from Yarold clicked on their link. Though now it seems that Yer Hotel is now costing 40 credits to display, in that case I'll be leaving Yer Hotel since I cannot afford 40,000 credits a day just to get 20 valid clicks.

Bye everyone!

bodisson-2 - Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:47 pm

hello,

if it's not too much , can we have the 2 SumAvg columns by member in the registered members page

iFly - Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:00 pm

And could you add the 'SumAvg' to the profile, too?
sansprofiteur - Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Mr Yarolds

I come in this section to have of the help as his title indicates it, and as naturally I find only squabble like in the rest of the forum moreover.
Can we have a true section of help please?
Thank you.

Regards
sansprofiteur

BAS - Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:24 pm

im not sure whats happing? is it costing me 40 credits to get 1 click? why not just remove the waiting period? or set it to 2 minutes or 5 minutes? i like my yerhotel game and now im like a criminal on here for wanting to play it?
vixibelle - Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:03 pm

I'm not sure I understand any of this. Last night, when I went to bed, I had around 600 credits. I only show one link in dynasty only. Today, I am negative. ******* is up with THAT?!
chvchv - Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:35 pm

I'm out!

This sh** does not make any fun anymore.

Have a nice life!

@Yarold: Please delete my account tomorrow.

Zidane - Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:54 pm

BAS wrote:
im not sure whats happing? is it costing me 40 credits to get 1 click? why not just remove the waiting period? or set it to 2 minutes or 5 minutes? i like my yerhotel game and now im like a criminal on here for wanting to play it?

Maybe Yerhotel admins want the waiting period and Mr. Yarold can do nothing with that? And because there was A LOT of Yerhotels yesterday in Main (people thought "Have I to show link in Main? I will put Yerhotel here, it will cost me only a few credits and I will be able to click OK", so probably Mr. Yarold wanted to do something with that. Anyway it probably helped, Main is not clogged with unclickable Yerhotels anymore. So you can express your thanks to the people clogging Main with Yerhotels just to be able to click and not caring about the game...

Yarold - Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:05 pm

Quote:
I'm out!

Have a nice life!

so being not able to cheat is not fun any more?

turdkey - Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Yarold wrote:
Quote:
I'm out!

Have a nice life!

Sorry Stan I don't cheat and even I have had enough.

This is one time you have stuffed up big time and I think you will pay the price. One year ago Yarolds was the best place to be to get your links clicked but that isn't so any more for many games and you and we all know that.

There is one hell of a difference playing hard ball if you have the market cornered but when you're in competition with plenty of others it pays to listen to the customers/users.

vixibelle - Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Okay, I just posted this in the "credits" thread, but I'm posting here, too, in hopes of a quicker answer.

JUST NOW I went from -2 credits to -45 credits. What the ****? I only have one link (an eggcave link) showing in dynasty ONLY. And, besides, how can I get more clicks if I'm all ready negative to begin with?! Someone PLEASE explain this one.

chvchv - Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Yarold wrote:
Quote:
I'm out!

Have a nice life!

You're wrong! It has nothing to do with "cheating". (Nice try!) There are a hundred ways to cheat and to ******* up links.

The problem is the complete chaos and the inability to track the own progress. Before the update there was ONE number to look at. It was easy, it was fun and there was the change to easily compete against each other in the dynasty. Now we have to deal with a totally opaque average calculation. And that's no fun at all.

People are using up their credits in vast amounts to get a higher average. Bruno73 is probably the most extreme. He is using up his credits to show 10 links all day long in order to be the one with the highest average. This plan does not work in the long run. He will be running out of credits in a few days. And then what ? He can go back to the old "I click and then you can click" method, which disables him from having an ave of 3600, because nobody is showing 10 links all day long. Or he could beg for credits or he can buy credits. And THAT'S what you most probably have in mind with the update. Well, as I said; if you wanna commercialize the link exchange, then go ahead and good luck with it.

And also: Don't you read this forum? Don't you see that (except for 2 or 3 people) nobody is happy with the changes?

[ Added: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:53 pm ]
turdkey wrote:
Sorry Stan I don't cheat and even I have had enough.

This is one time you have stuffed up big time and I think you will pay the price. One year ago Yarolds was the best place to be to get your links clicked but that isn't so any more for many games and you and we all know that.

There is one hell of a difference playing hard ball if you have the market cornered but when you're in competition with plenty of others it pays to listen to the customers/users.

If you wanna get thousands of links each and every day with just ONE click per day, goto [link removed]

Yarolds was about having fun in a community. Now it's a total mess and no more fun.

Yarold - Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:56 pm

chvchv wrote:
This plan does not work in the long run.

Decide it works or it works not ?

Read what you write. If you build your theory then make it solid.

For now enough of this