SWLE
Link exchange

Support - Ask here - Small update

Yarold - Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:47 pm
Post subject: Small update
Today's update include:

2 buttons that are now working, to help you with notes

theses boxes allow changing how some tables are shown
they also include some options that were here and there so they are now in one place

there was no other place to put it

dynasty details page got refurnished, and links are now in one place

(almost) every table header is clickable, so you can sort it in way you want, click it to test

total clicks are now calculated at reset

these are not included in calculations of dynasty average and yesterday/total clicks done

Also site style and language is now changeable, but we have only 1 style and 1 language so far so options for those are not showed yet.

TiddaMouse - Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Thanks Yarold. :)
*goes to explore all the new things*

PreciouS HearT - Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Great updates :)

It is not a small update :P

Gladly claps for all of these.

YAROLD going up for nice and great updates :grin:

pastis21 - Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanks yarold !! :smile:
It's a very good job !! :wink:

Roman - Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Great updates Stan!

Thank you for it :)

There is only one update I dont like: That Peasants dont count in Dyn Average anymore. Every Dynasty will make all members with lower Ave than Dyn Ave to Peasants.

Many Peasants in the future :mrgreen:

engelina - Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:10 pm

cool! like that most things are sortable, now. thanks for all the updates!
ratchet freak - Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:11 pm

then they'll have to put all but best clicker (yes singular) to peasant to get max ave
Roman - Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:11 pm

ratchet freak wrote:
then they'll have to put all but best clicker (yes singular) to peasant to get max ave

Yep!

ratchet freak - Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:15 pm

so you get the best clicker as emperor and all the rest stay peasant :???:
pastis21 - Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:18 pm

For my part all the emperors and kampaku have to play the game and not make in the excess !! :???:
Dannic2002 - Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Fantastic update

Fantastic work :D

Keep it up

malbus - Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:19 pm

The best thing on this update for me is the ability to strip all those images out of the short notes. Some of the images were ok but there were many that were just plain annoying.

The color change on the links right now is driving me crazy but I'll get used to it in time for the links to change color again on a future update :razz:

PreciouS HearT - Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:03 pm

I am agree with Eurul bro.

it is not good if site wont count peasants.

And another one is - When i clicked on our Dynasty name, then i saw, page got wide more. And it is not good looking for - banner, and there are no notice about how members we having in this Dynasty. Before it was in up side. Now, its in bottom of the page.

And Promotions Ranks are messing up now. Before it was good for looking :)

And text color was bluish at before. Now its orange :(

But, others are great great and great with new update :P

nhhk - Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:05 pm

COOL UPDATE STAN!
filmore - Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:23 pm

You call this a SMALL update.. lol... I wonder how your BIG updates are going to look like!!

Thanks Stan, for making my wish (see suggestions) come true!!

And I think the peasants not counting for dynasty average is a good idea too, it saves the emperors/kampakus from alot of booting/kicking new and inexperienced clickers, and keeps the daimo and shogun sharp, because they'll have to click their quotum or get demoted to peasant :)

Every change needs adjustment, I'll overcome the changed link-colours and different set-ups of the pages in no time!!!
Again: THANKS!!!

And an emperor who makes all his members peasant, will soon stop having members :razz:

liftman - Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Great work :idea: thanks!
zvonimir - Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:16 pm
Post subject: Re: Small update
Yarold wrote:

these are not included in calculations of dynasty average

Worse .. again, goes hand in the small (small number of members) Dynastys.Them will now be able to say that they will be big.All peasant before reset.
This may take Yarold's dynasty in the disaster.

Jeroen - Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:40 am

Oké, Zvonimir.. when will you stop careing about the dynasty averages..? I only heard this rubbish from you for the past xxx days.. Just go and stop careing about the tiny dynasty's.. they're trying as hard as you do to get to the top.. let 'em.. your dynasty is good but Please.. stop the whining, I've got nothing to you in person but this drives me crazy :evil:
Phara - Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:24 am

:sad: means no more stuff in short messages for me, i hate this noncence update :evil:
zvonimir - Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:26 am

Jeroen wrote:
Oké, Zvonimir.. when will you stop careing about the dynasty averages..? I only heard this rubbish from you for the past xxx days.. Just go and stop careing about the tiny dynasty's.. they're trying as hard as you do to get to the top.. let 'em.. your dynasty is good but Please.. stop the whining, I've got nothing to you in person but this drives me crazy :evil:

Such says the same anger and the DemonicJ as from you .. You are the same man(you have one person i know).I am a serious man and I will not go down on your level.Stop it me attack both here and in the mail.

I think that this will only bring a high average all dynasty

Jeanne - Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:06 am

In my dynasty we have the rule of getting demoted if you don't do the minimum clicks every day.

- now if my guys wants to see our dynasty at top - they could stop clicking and be demoted leaving me with my personal ave 775 as the only one to count - sweet! Try and beat us then.

I am sure the change wasn't meant to be (ab)used like that but I am also sure that in some cases it will be - so please change this back as soon as possible.

MUSHpark - Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:16 am
zvonimir wrote:
Yarold wrote:

these are not included in calculations of dynasty average

Worse .. again, goes hand in the small (small number of members) Dynastys.Them will now be able to say that they will be big.All peasant before reset.
This may take Yarold's dynasty in the disaster.

But your dynasty stands to benefit the most from this. Make all but your top four clickers peasant, and you can be the first dynasty to 700! Nobody else can come close!

Wildthing - Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:56 am

Sadly I have to aghree hon. We usually boot those who don't make the average and now we just have to demote tem.. this really is going to get out of hand hon. I like how it makes it so smaller guys get a chance to stay benefit ands grow... but was this the best way to go about it?
Jeanne - Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:05 am
MUSHpark wrote:

But your dynasty stands to benefit the most from this. Make all but your top four clickers peasant, and you can be the first dynasty to 700! Nobody else can come close!

Hm Hm Mushpark - I can not only come close but having the highest ave in Yarolds I can pass UBC and everybody else with my 17 member dynasty (16 peasants, 1 Emp) :razz:

MUSHpark - Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:10 am
Jeanne wrote:
MUSHpark wrote:

Hm Hm Mushpark - I can not only come close but having the highest ave in Yarolds I can pass UBC and everybody else with my 17 member dynasty (16 peasants, 1 Emp) :razz:

Good point! Go for it! :)

After all, your dynasty average would be just as legitimate as the Eternity and Net Freaks dynasty averages.

And if your dynasty members are willing to be peasants in order to "support the dynasty average" then it's entirely legitimate.

The best dynasty will be the one which arranges the best set of allies to allow one of their users to be the top clicker....

Really, there's not much difference now than with the current routine of booting people before reset. (That's one of the ways Net Freaks increased their average with newbies before. Ever notice how many times G.A.F.F.E.Y was booted right before reset and joined right after?) Now instead of booting/rejoining it's a simple demote-to-peasant.

Wildthing - Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:17 am

Actually doing that will cripple you. I just talked to Stan in the chat room and he explained that the Avg Page is now configured to base it on how many clicks the dynasty makes and not the average.

To be honest I absolutly hate this.

It's not based on how hard your members work really but how many members you have.

It isn't about how hard you encourage them.. and now it sadly really has just become little more then a "Numbers game"

Please put it back the way it was.. at least then us small groups had a chance now.. if you dont have 30-40-50-60+ members you have no chance.

Jeanne - Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:22 am

A completely different thing about the new updates:

- the customization of the history page returns to default every time I have been logged out (annoyingly happens a lot cause my cpu is overloaded) could this be fixed?

Yarold - Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:24 am

Jeanne wrote:

- the customization of the history page returns to default every time I have been logged out (annoyingly happens a lot cause my cpu is overloaded) could this be fixed?

Click reset, set it again and its done.

rhicat - Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:22 am

Thank you so very, very much for the new customization of short notes!!
Jeanne - Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:29 am

Yarold wrote:
Jeanne wrote:

Click reset, set it again and its done.

So I have to reset my customizations every time I log on? couldn't there be a save option like with the change of layout?

Yarold - Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:35 am

Jeanne wrote:
So I have to reset my customizations every time I log on? couldn't there be a save option like with the change of layout?

it is saved, but you just need to do it once

azvojda - Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:18 am

The update is good.

Though I can't see the time remaining for waiting in the boxes of the main, history and Dynasty pages. It's OK in the waiting pages.

I'm not sure is it from my browser or from the update.

zvonimir - Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 pm
MUSHpark wrote:
Make all but your top four clickers peasant, and you can be the first dynasty to 700! Nobody else can come close!

I know that ,but ..

I not understunde, all the Peasant does not account in average, or only the 4th?

Roman - Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:24 pm
Hello all people of Yarolds. I think (Well I hope that I correctly thought) that I now got the Point of the whole Update from Stan and want to post my thinkings of it.

I also ask you all to look into my thoughts if they are correct or not.

1.) Following got changed:
- The Dynasty ranking is now autosorted by Total clicks done Yesterday
- The Total clicks yesterday are counted by all members without Peasants
- The Dyn/Ave are counted by all members without Peasants

2.) Dynasty avergae:
a.) Rising the Dyn/Ave:
To get a high Dyn/Ave you need to make all members with a lower personal Average than the Dynasty Avergae to Peasants.

b.) Maximising the Dyn/Ave:
To get a maximum of the Dyn/Ave you only need to make the highest member Emp and ALL other members get demoted to Peasants. Your Dynasty Average will grow till it reaches the personal Average of this member.

c.) Conclusion of the Dyn/Ave:
The Dyn/Ave is nothing worth anymore! Like Jeanne and me allready posted before the Dynasty with the highest personal Avergae member will get first. Not funny and so this ranking is worthless. I think Stan knows that - thats why the automated sorting got changed.

3.) Yesterdays clicks of all memebrs:
a.) Rising the Yesterdays clicks:
You need to get as many members as possible - every member counts even if he only clicks 1 Link.

b.) Maximising the Yesterdays clicks:
You need to make your own members list full (60 members is the maximum now I tihnk) and have good Clickers around. So you need many AND good clickers!

c.) Conclusion of the Yesterdays clicks:
All Dynasties must and will get bigger to reach the maximum. So there will be bigger Dynasties, lesser kickings and all Dynasties will have a lower amount of Alliances because of getting herself bigger.

4.) My personal conclusion and view of all that things:
Thats what Stan wanted. To stop the endless kickings everytime before reset and to stop all that small Dynasties that dont want to grow..

The Dyn/Ave will get (or allready is now) worthless if that Update will stay as it is because of Point 2.b and 2.c

The Yesterdays clickings are all that count now.

The only left questions that are left for me are:
- Why is the Dynasty Average still here? You can delete that column :mrgreen: (The personal Average of every members is still important to see as Emp which members click much and which not (not daily but on a 10 days basis))
- Will the Yesterday column be an average thing or just a new start at 0 each reset?

Please tell me if I am wrong. I would not mind if anyone tells me, that all what I wrote is only a dream and all is exactly the other way round :mrgreen:

P.s.
A big Thank you and a big Hug to Ella. She brought me to many of my thoughts during we dicussed all that stuff on the chat :)

Cheryl - Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:01 pm

Very good post Roman, certianly gives us a lot of things to think about. It will be a matter of juggling the people who click alot and those who do not. Keeping it all in balance. Guess we need to see who is the best at this new juggling act.
zvonimir - Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:50 pm

OK for Yarold praise on his change.Well was hard to improve this game ..
Any good modification is welcome.
Only time can prove if it does well..

A.The bad thing: I think that because of these changes, many old and good clickers go out with Yarolds. :cry:

B.Good thing: More we will not have to buy credits from yarold for the Peasant's, more money to my pocket :razz:

C.Another bad thing:Competition lure of(charm) disappears :roll:

My opinion

jassej - Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:29 pm

With this "improvement" lose Yarold Sharm than playing and goes back to only one exchange site!
Worse could not update and when it does not change quickly then there is (for me) with no meaningful continue to make and so much time must invest = me looking for a new game!

MainCore - Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Post subject: Well...
...mostly I like the update. However I think peasants should be added to the dynasty average, They are part of the dynasty after all.

BTW: delay counters not showing.

Kronia - Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:51 pm

What a stupid, stupid update. This punishes many good, average-sized dynasties just because of a few dynasties who shot up the rankings because they only had a few members. The emphasis on having as many members as possible (the logical way to get as many clicks as possible) is a bad idea, and here's why: it has "dumbed down" the competition between the dynasties. Now instead of trying to recruit quality clickers, you also just try to grab anyone that you can. Having good clickers matters, but so does having sheer numbers, which doesn't take any competitive skill at all.

The only thing that makes Yarold's fun is the competition, and this update just wrecked the competition. I'm cancelling the contests I was running for my dynasty, because what's the point? Having everyone raise their averages above 600 now matters a lot less then simply recruiting another 35 members. I might as well just leave my dynasty altogether and just log on once a day to earn some credits. The fun competition is gone.

And by the way, the only peasants that ever got kicked from MMC UBC were those who didn't click the 350 minimum. We never kicked anyone just to help our average, and we accepted anyone who wanted to join and let them stay all they way up until they didn't click the minimum. This update punishes the WRONG people. What a stupid change.

Reverse the update ASAP. It wasn't well thought-out.

MUSHpark - Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:23 pm

Kronia wrote:
What a stupid, stupid update.

You're entitled to your opinion. I think it's great.
Kronia wrote:
This punishes many good, average-sized dynasties just because of a few dynasties who shot up the rankings because they only had a few members.

Define "average size" and "few members"? What's the right size for a dynasty? Was MMC UBC okay at 20-ish? Or are the 40-ish dynasties better? Why was a dynasty of 4 wrong? Who is to decide the correct dynasty size?

Kronia wrote:
Now instead of trying to recruit quality clickers, you also just try to grab anyone that you can.

Given the fact that most newcomers don't click as well as seasoned veterans, that's great. We won't have dynasties being snobbish and refusing to accept newcomers. I think that is a good thing.

And I'd rather have 1 member clicking 600 per day than 2 members clicking 300. There will still be a focus on quality clickers. You're not going to grab someone who only clicks 15 per day when you need to keep the space open for someone who can click more.

But at the same time, a NEWCOMER clicking 600 per day is better than 2 long time dead weight members only clicking 300. THIS HELPS NEWCOMERS WHO CLICK WELL.

Kronia wrote:
Having good clickers matters, but so does having sheer numbers, which doesn't take any competitive skill at all.

Hogwash. Try being an emp and deciding which dynasties to ally with. That takes lots of strategic skill to evaluate how many good links all of your members can click. Try being a smaller dynasty and trying to attract good allies. That requires the skill of making sure you have lots of links available for those allies to click.

It is NOT just about getting the biggest dynasty. There is MUCH MORE complex interaction going on.

Kronia wrote:
The only thing that makes Yarold's fun is the competition, and this update just wrecked the competition.

Not for me. I think it just got a lot more interesting. And a lot more friendly to newbies.

Kronia wrote:
I'm cancelling the contests I was running for my dynasty, because what's the point? Having everyone raise their averages above 600 now matters a lot less then simply recruiting another 35 members.

Then recruit 35 more members.

Or better yet, find a good dynasty of about 35 members, and have all your members join it.

Kronia wrote:
I might as well just leave my dynasty altogether and just log on once a day to earn some credits. The fun competition is gone.

Fine by me. One less small dynasty to compete with, who got big by stealing big-average people from other dynasties and took on very few newcomers.

Kronia wrote:
And by the way, the only peasants that ever got kicked from MMC UBC were those who didn't click the 350 minimum. We never kicked anyone just to help our average

NEWS FLASH. Requiring a minimum click rate helps your average. Duh. That's how MMC Mob got on top and stayed on top a while ago, by consistenly raising the minimum clicks required as the dynasty grew.

Kronia wrote:
This update punishes the WRONG people.

Who are the RIGHT people to punish????????

Newbies???? THat is who was being punished the old way.

Kronia wrote:

I disagree. I think it was very well thought out, and I really like it.

Wildthing - Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:25 pm

~hugs the Mushy and says Here Here!~
scarlete - Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:27 pm

Kronia wrote:
What a stupid, stupid update. This punishes many good, average-sized dynasties just because of a few dynasties who shot up the rankings because they only had a few members. The emphasis on having as many members as possible (the logical way to get as many clicks as possible) is a bad idea, and here's why: it has "dumbed down" the competition between the dynasties. Now instead of trying to recruit quality clickers, you also just try to grab anyone that you can. Having good clickers matters, but so does having sheer numbers, which doesn't take any competitive skill at all.

The only thing that makes Yarold's fun is the competition, and this update just wrecked the competition. I'm cancelling the contests I was running for my dynasty, because what's the point? Having everyone raise their averages above 600 now matters a lot less then simply recruiting another 35 members. I might as well just leave my dynasty altogether and just log on once a day to earn some credits. The fun competition is gone.

And by the way, the only peasants that ever got kicked from MMC UBC were those who didn't click the 350 minimum. We never kicked anyone just to help our average, and we accepted anyone who wanted to join and let them stay all they way up until they didn't click the minimum. This update punishes the WRONG people. What a stupid change.

I'm pretty much in agreement. I don't see the point, anymore.

[ Added: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:33 pm ]
Quote:
Fine by me. One less small dynasty to compete with, who got big by stealing big-average people from other dynasties and took on very few newcomers.

I don't see how they STOLE anyone, everyone came of their own free will, it's not our fault who they followed or why, and ftr, we didn't follow her back, either.

We took/take on newcomers every.day. So much to the point that I complained about the extreme newbs who clicked the first dynasty they saw and tried to join, never to return.

Kronia - Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:00 pm

Mushpark--yes, about half of my post was my opinion, so it was pretty annoying to see you go through line by line and say which opinions you disagreed with. I consider that spamming since you already posted those exact opinions in a different thread. It is not constructive for me to post my opinions here, and for you to post your opinions elsewhere, and then for you to re-post your opinions here in response to my opinions. They are opinions, so if they don't agree, there is no point to re-posting your opinions over and over. Posting the same things in multiple places is spam.

Now, onto your arguments which had substance:

First, you acted like it was dumb to say that the update punished average-sized dynasties. You said to "define average." I am pretty sure that the word "average" has a well-agreed-upon definition. Look it up in a dictionary and you will find a definition. My post still makes a good point without having to define every word for you. My point was that dynasties like Unity, MMC UBC, MMC MOB, Untouchables, etc--average-sized dynasties which do a great job for their allies and emphasize quality--are being hurt. For instance, La Brute, which I think is a terrible ally due to all their negative credits and bad clickers, was ahead of all four of these dynasties today. You ask the question: "Who has the right to decide what size is right for a dynasty?" If you had thought it through, you would have realized that Yarold just did, by making 60 the "right" number. A dynasty of 30 amazing clickers might be able to do better than a dynasty of 60 terrible clickers, but for that 30-person dynasty, they can always do even better by adding another 30 members. Maybe not ALL of the "quality" has left, but there is certainly a much bigger emphasis on quantity over quality, and that takes about half of the skill out of the competition.

You then said that the new update helped newcomers who clicked well. Newcomers who click well do not need help. They can always find a home in MMC UBC. We accepted anyone and they were allowed to stay until they did not meet the minimum clicks. Even if they were kicked for eventually failing to click the minimum (which is ridiculously easy to do), they were always allowed to rejoin. And the minimum # of clicks was extremely low and easy to meet, I myself have met the minimum of 350 simply by logging in once a day and spending 5 minutes of time. Newcomers are welcome in MMC UBC, and always have been. This update was absolutely not needed to help newcomers. If the goal of this update was to help newcomers, it should have been done in such a way as to hurt dynasties who reject newcomers. Not just hurting all dynasties indiscriminitely!!

The next substantive thing that you said was "Hogwash. Try being an emp and deciding which dynasties to ally with. That takes lots of strategic skill." That IS a good point. However, not all of us can be emperors! For 99% of the people who play Yarold's, we don't get to have the competition of trying to be the best emperor and make the best alliances. In fact, with this new update, even LESS of the yarold's population will ever get to have the competition of making alliances, because the new update encourages having a few very large dynasties. So I can understand how the new update makes things fun for you, and the other emperors/kampaku, but for most of us, it does not.

***And how can you say that MMC UBC took on very few newcomers? That is an outright lie. Members of MMC UBC had actual FIGHTS with Jassej and Zvonimir because Jassej and Zvonimir absolutely refused to ever kick a joining peasant. We wanted to stop letting anyone join, and they told everyone in the dynasty: "Everyone gets a chance." And they stuck to it. Every person who joined was accepted, and every person who was accepted was allowed to stay until they didn't make the minimum clicks. If you ever claim again that MMC UBC ever rejected a single peasant, then I will call you out on that lie. We were NOT like those other dynasties who rejected newcomers with low averages. A newcomer with a 0 average was allowed to stay every day that he made only 350 clicks (again, extremely easy to do), and a longtime member with 600 average was kicked for not making the minimum clicks because her kids were sick. MMC UBC did not discriminate based off of dynasty averages. Yet this update hurts us along with those other dynasties who were "snobby." This update should have been done in such a way as to hurt the dynasties who reject newcomers. Instead, the update hurt dynasties indiscriminitely, even ones like UBC which accepted all newcomers. That is why this was a stupid update.

Then you said "NEWS FLASH. Requiring a minimum click rate helps your average." This is my fault for not being clear enough with my wording. When I wrote "kicked" people, I meant kicking people who tried to join our dynasty. So I apologize for the misunderstanding on that one, I can definitely see why you wrote "duh." But that wasn't what I originally meant by "kicked." My fault.

Summary: We have different opinions on whether Yarold's is now less fun. No need to keep arguing that, or to go line-by-line disagreeing with simple opinions. But I still think it is clear that this update was aimed at NetFreaks, and possibly Eternity and UBC, although as I said, UBC accepted every peasant who tried to join and DemonicJ claims that hardly anyone tried to join his dynasty. And so while this update does hurt "snobby" dynasties like NetFreaks (who, by the way, are GREAT allies), it also hurts regular-sized dynasties who were extremely welcoming to newcomers. Furthermore, it adds an emphasis to quantity instead of just quality, which, IN MY OPINION, ruins the competition.

jassej - Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:04 pm

MUSHpark wrote:

What do you want to say? That I've heard of other members dynasty stolen?

Mr Mushpark this is a serious accusation on my person and that is not properly!
THIS IS NOT TRUE !!!!!
I've never made a secret that UBC is a forum dynasty and that was a big advantage and every forum members could decide whether he comes to us or not! To play at Divan and PatroXXL forum are also members but have not us.
All were equipped with high average? From 13 members (1 day) not even half of average and had big, I can say with pride, was dreamsattown total beginner and was not only!
350 minimum click gave us probably brought up but you can also make 350 minimum, that is not forbidden!!
Sistem ranking until yesterday was bad because discrimination has great dynasty, from today are small and medium-sized dynasty discriminated against ...
My opinion is the Yarold makes a sistem where no discrimination, I want too much?

Godafoss - Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:07 pm

Guys, what are y'all whining about?

As far as I know, the ranking of your dynasty will from now on be calculated by the TOTAL amount of clicks, not the average. If you make more people peasant, yes, you will improve your average, but not the TOTAL amount clicks, so making people peasants doesn't bring you ANYWHERE.

Or did I just understand things wrong?

nhhk - Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:15 pm

no godafoss, I think you got right.
Kronia - Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Godafoss wrote:

As far as I know, the ranking of your dynasty will from now on be calculated by the TOTAL amount of clicks, not the average. If you make more people peasant, yes, you will improve your average, but not the TOTAL amount clicks, so making people peasants doesn't bring you ANYWHERE.

No, you understood things correctly :) Dynasty average is now meaningless, and only total clicks matter. Because only total clicks matter, now it is very important simply to add members to your dynasties. Less quality, more quantity. We are debating whether it was a good idea to do that or not. Clearly I am of the opinion that it was not :)

zvonimir - Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:16 pm

MUSHpark wrote:

MMC UBC is a month of existence of 18 new members (Peasant) made in shogune. that the 10 ordinary members have become a VIP in our dynasty.
I and Jassej we bought 40 000 credits that gave Peasant .. Every Peasant got me 100-200 credits .. Each member with a minus credit received from me 200 credits.
Who can say that the UBC got big by stealing big-average people from other dynasties and took on very few newcomers??

nhhk - Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Kronia quality is important to.

Cause if you just have quantity and not quality you got no clicks.

Godafoss - Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Kronia wrote:
Godafoss wrote:

No, you understood things correctly :) Dynasty average is now meaningless, and only total clicks matter. Because only total clicks matter, now it is very important simply to add members to your dynasties. Less quality, more quantity. We are debating whether it was a good idea to do that or not. Clearly I am of the opinion that it was not :)

Okay, sorry, I only read the first 1,5 page, but because I'm in a hurry, I didn't have the time to read all the long stories.

Kronia - Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:22 pm

nhhk wrote:
Kronia quality is important to.

Cause if you just have quantity and not quality you got no clicks.

yes, I said both are needed. But we went from a system where only quality was important to one that takes away some of the impact of quality for no good reason!

I understand that calculating based on total clicks will reward the dynasties that accept newcomers. But instead of hurting dynasties like UBC, which accepted every peasant who tried to join, why not just put a penalty on rejecting newcomers? Why do something that (in my opinion) makes the competition a lot less about skill?

nhhk - Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:23 pm

I understood what you ment :mrgreen:

you can well say not less quality and more quantity, but more quantity.

Sci - Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:14 pm

that alliance graph thing is pretty dang sweet. :wink:
DemonicJ - Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:17 pm

Any see 4 dynasties of 100 allied together in the near furture & here yourself asking "weerent we here before"?
Metalteo - Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:19 pm

DemonicJ wrote:
Any see 4 dynasties of 100 allied together in the near furture & here yourself asking "weerent we here before"?

Is not going to happen, new limit is set to 60 members, to prevent domination of large dynasties.

zvonimir - Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:50 pm

Metalteo wrote:

Is not going to happen, new limit is set to 60 members, to prevent domination of large dynasties.

So now the dominance of large dynasty be greater than before.
Worse've made this

Metalteo - Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:52 pm

[quote="zvonimir"]
Metalteo wrote:
DemonicJ wrote:
[b]

[color=darkred]Is not going to happen, new limit is set to 60 members, to prevent domination of large dynasties.

So now the dominance of large dynasty be greater than before.
Worse've made this

Sorry you don't make any sense.

zvonimir - Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:01 pm

Metalteo wrote:
Sorry you don't make any sense.

Sorry I do not understand

jassej - Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 pm

I do not understand is impossible to make a ranking system which no dynasty (small, medium, large) will discriminate?
bailey - Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:55 am

Jeroen wrote:

from someone who likes to set records

only

mmmm, seriously now

PreciouS HearT - Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:56 am

( My ) Simple opinion.

All ( new ) updates are great. Only the AVE and CLICK about dynasty - its not good for all. It was great before for every one - Who wanted to make a competition with other Dynasty or just enjoy to help their pets or city.

All new updates are pretty cool. Just AVE & CLICK system - its boring now.

There are some people in Dynasty, who only wants to help their pets or city. So, i think, this is not a big issue for them. Who wont care for Ave or Click.

To be honest, for me and my Dynasty's friends - there are no problem about this new update. Just got sad to see some big and wise Dynasty got down then us. Always i saw, they are in first place. But, now - they are in down then small Dynasties. It hurting me cause of my emotions.

No need to think, are they good or bad. They did ( great ) hard works to keep their Dynasty in first place ( in Dynasty list ). But, now, their all hard works are worthless.

Another thing is, before ( some ) people had fight for AVE, now they will fight for CLICK lol

And peasant Rank is worthless now. Dynasty wont count their Ave or Click. So what gain for a Dynasty to having some Peasants ?

chardonnay - Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:18 am

PreciouS HearT wrote:
And peasant Rank is worthless now. Dynasty wont count their Ave or Click. So what gain for a Dynasty to having some Peasants ?

The same thing they have always had to gain - get a peasant, help them and encourage them, and SOME will turn into big clickers. The ones that don't satisfy your minimum avg/clicks you can boot as you always did.

Roman - Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:56 am

MUSHpark wrote:
Kronia wrote:
This punishes many good, average-sized dynasties just because of a few dynasties who shot up the rankings because they only had a few members.

Define "average size" and "few members"? What's the right size for a dynasty? Was MMC UBC okay at 20-ish? Or are the 40-ish dynasties better? Why was a dynasty of 4 wrong? Who is to decide the correct dynasty size?

Whats the problem? UBC wanted to get rid of the small Dynasties that go to the Top easily. You got it now!

The new ranking is great because it counts Qunatity AND Quality!

You complained about small Dynasties? Ok, J4F and RMV (I dont want to speak for them) are now complaining that so extremely small Dynastys like UBC get to the Top easily. Please don't forget that J4F has double your members and RMV even more than double.

So please stop complaining about small Dynasties.

The new Update takes care of exactly what you wanted.

Now you need MANY AND GOOD clickers to get to the Top.

And like I allready mentioned before, for me RMV IS the best Dynasty because they have lots of great clickers. And the ranking puts them to the first spot now.

GREAT!

Sci - Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:09 am

PreciouS HearT wrote:
having peasants not count toward averages allows you to accept them without concern for the dynasty's average if they turn out to be no good or take a while to get the hang of the site and allows us to teach them and gives them a chance to prove their worth before becoming a daimyo and an important part of the dynasties, making them like trainees or what have you. Also if someone is going to be gone for a while for any reason you can temporarily demote them until their return so their absence doesn't harm the dynasty. It is a good thing, you'll see ;)

edit: :\ I was reading a little on the ones who have a problem with the peasants not counting cause it will cause people to collect peasants to add more links to dynasties care free, so why not add a maximum of 10 peasants per dynastie, that should fix everyone's problems with it =]

jassej - Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Eurul wrote:
MUSHpark wrote:
Kronia wrote:

Whats the problem? UBC wanted to get rid of the small Dynasties that go to the Top easily. You got it now!

You complained about small Dynasties? Ok, J4F and RMV (I dont want to speak for them) are now complaining that so extremely small Dynastys like UBC get to the Top easily. Please don't forget that J4F has double your members and RMV even more than double.

And like I allready mentioned before, for me RMV IS the best Dynasty because they have lots of great clickers. And the ranking puts them to the first spot now.

GREAT!

Wow Roman,
Yesterday yet hast thou meant the new ranking system is not good!
Yes, I was against "old" ranking system which there were great dynasty discriminated against and new systems are small and discriminated against Middle dynasty!
I am missing a ranking system where all dynasty (small, medium, large) have the same right, where nobody is discriminated against!
And I'm sure they think most members yarold!

DemonicJ - Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:53 pm

Thou doth protest too much! quote from Billy Shakespeare

Old system didnt suit you, new system doesnt suit.....

Smells terribly of a conspiracy theory against you mate :roll:

Roman - Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi Jassej!

jassej wrote:
Wow Roman,
Yesterday yet hast thou meant the new ranking system is not good!

I did only say, that the system is not good for the Dyn/Ave. At this time I did not understand the new system fully. I now understand it and agree with it.

jassej wrote:
I am missing a ranking system where all dynasty (small, medium, large) have the same right, where nobody is discriminated against!

Great wish, but not possible in my opinion. I also would like suc ha ranking system. Do you have any idea? Sorry Jassej, but only complaining without thinking of own ideas is to little.

There will never be a ranking system (ONE ranking system) that fits for small, middle and big Dynasties.

zvonimir - Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:15 pm

Eurul wrote:

Great wish, but not possible in my opinion. I also would like suc ha ranking system. Do you have any idea? Sorry Jassej, but only complaining without thinking of own ideas is to little.
We are given ideas but none of them does not read or whom you care.
We no longer care for the system because when UBC again be the first and in the new system, he will then change.

People who have made an update to match them, wisely silent ..
considered to fool us

scarlete - Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Frankly, I think the new ranking system makes it so ranking doesn't really matter, and maybe that's the point. The thorn in UBC's side is that it changed just as they were going to be number 1. (and omg I wish everyone would take down the "we're number 1 signs".

I just couldn't care less now. I joined to throw in my dragcave links, then I added valenth and myminicitys to help out during happy hour, then I foolishly spent money on credits so I could keep up. I spent/spend way too much time on this site clicking other people's links, who probably have extra links up for the very same reason I do.

Does anyone really care anymore? It's just a d*amn click exchange, for crying out loud, not a war.

Since it doesn't look like this is going to change, the pointless fighting over it is.. well, moot.

The one thing I think Yarold should have done before implementing this new system was have a poll, considering a good deal of us pay, but w/e.

Kronia - Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Eurul wrote:
MUSHpark wrote:
Kronia wrote:

GREAT!

Wrong. I never complained about small dynasties. What I said was that this update was clearly aimed against small dynasties, when it should have been aimed against dynasties that were too exclusive with who they let join. Stop telling me that I got what I wanted. You clearly didn't read my post very carefuly.

Roman - Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Hello Zvonimir!

zvonimir wrote:
We are given ideas but none of them does not read or whom you care.
We no longer care for the system because when UBC again be the first and in the new system, he will then change.

Ok, perhaps I did not see that idea. Show me please where this idea is posted and I will read trough it. But it has to be an idea of ONE ranking system where EVERY Dynasty can compete. No matter if they have 1 or 60 members (not saying that Dynasties till 5, 10, 20 members can not compete).

Hello Kronia!

Kronia wrote:
Wrong. I never complained about small dynasties. What I said was that this update was clearly aimed against small dynasties, when it should have been aimed against dynasties that were too exclusive with who they let join. Stop telling me that I got what I wanted. You clearly didn't read my post very carefuly.

Ok. Please tell me what in your opinion is bad about the new ranking system! I think, that RMV is the best Dynasty. Just take a look of the amount of members and then look on their Averages. You will see, that it is VERY hard to get such an amount of great clicking members. You dont think so? Again where are your ideas of a completely fair ranking system.

I am sure, that Yarold will change it immediately if you can post a fair ranking system which fits for the amount of members and their clicking rates.

Quantity + Quality together.

Thanxs, I am open for all ideas.

zvonimir - Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Eurul wrote:
Quantity + Quality together.
Thanxs, I am open for all ideas.

Stop, what we talk here .. You will make new updates if you give me a good(fair) idea?

jassej - Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Please, please, please UBC members, which brings not!
Roman that I do point to this discussion, if I have an idea for an ideal ranking system? No, but I (just like you) do not work for Yarold and thus is not my job, the new ranking system to make! Everything we can all with new proposals and make our contribution Yarold itself is responsible for all of us to give fairness!
Now I will be working off the UBC also in the new system first is!!

Kronia - Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:10 pm

Here is my suggestion, Eurul:

Why not put things back to the way they were (including counting the averages of peasants), and then put some sort of penalty on the dynasty averages of dynasties who reject too high of a % of joining peasants? That would hurt NetFreaks and (possibly) Eternity, who I think this update must have been aimed at, while leaving RMV and UBC and other dynasties, who accepted all joining peasants, untouched.

That puts the emphasis back on quality over quantity, thus making the competition actually fun again. And it will put a penalty on dynasties which act "snobby" towards newcomers, so it is just as "newb-friendly" as the new system. Furthermore, this system would also be just as dynamic as the new update, because everyone knows that the 1st-place dynasty gets the most joining peasants, so that if a dynasty is in 1st place, it would be harder for them to stay there. AND it won't hurt dynasties like UBC who are already in the habit of accepting everyone.

UBC and RMV would still be the top dynasties under the new system. You think that RMV deserves to be #1? I think they are a good dynasty too. But I think that if Yarold had actually given UBC a chance, that we would've grown to be as big as RMV. After all, unlike NetFreaks, we accepted everyone who joined. We have been growing every week, and if we had actually been given a chance to be number 1, as our hard efforts deserved, we would've grown a lot. So like I have been saying in all my posts, this update was clearly aimed against small, exclusive dynasties. But it is a failure as an update because it hurt UBC and Unity and others, which accepted everyone, along with those very small, very exclusive dynasties. My suggestion is better in every respect. It accomplishes the same things, without hurting brand-new dynasties, or dynasties which don't deserve it.

Grandpa - Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:37 pm

Kronia wrote:
First, you acted like it was dumb to say that the update punished average-sized dynasties. You said to "define average." I am pretty sure that the word "average" has a well-agreed-upon definition. Look it up in a dictionary and you will find a definition.
I've already looked up the definition of average and it's simple. Take a series of numbers and add all but the last in the series -- then subtract 1 and multiply by 9. To that total, you add the last data point and divide that total by 10. Our "simple" definition of averages has been modified so that our "average" now includes subtraction. "Take a series of numbers minus the "Peasant Numbers" and subtract 1 then multiply by 9...

Am I the only one who thinks that real averages would be of greater benefit? The "yesterday" clicks could be Total_Dynasty / #_of_Members to balance fairness to smaller, medium sized and large dynasties. If we don't want to include Peasants it would make sense to change their title to "Initiates" pending full approval to membership within the dynasty.

All in all, I am glad of the changes so far - it eliminates the power games that have detracted from the fun of joining together and sharing links within our community. :grin:

~Grandpa

Kronia - Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Grandpa wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that real averages would be of greater benefit? The "yesterday" clicks could be Total_Dynasty / #_of_Members to balance fairness to smaller, medium sized and large dynasties. If we don't want to include Peasants it would make sense to change their title to "Initiates" pending full approval to membership within the dynasty.

~Grandpa

Grandpa makes sense! It must be all of those years of wisdom :wink: The only problem I could see with that is that Jeanne could start her own dynasty which would dominate everybody, she is too good and needs a special way of calculating average in order to restrain her from complete and utter domination. Ok that was a joke. Seriously, Grandpa's idea sounds good. And I still think my suggestion would also work maybe.

Roman - Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:59 pm

Hi Kronia!

Thank you very much for stepping in the real discussion. thanxs for making suggestions!

Kronia wrote:
Why not put things back to the way they were (including counting the averages of peasants), and then put some sort of penalty on the dynasty averages of dynasties who reject too high of a % of joining peasants?

Nice idea, I really like it. But it has one failure. It has the same failure like my own idea which I posted here: http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/v...p?p=31977#31977

We both need for our suggestions a multiplier or for your idea a penalty. the problem with such ideas is, to say how high this penalty or how high the multiplier should be. Just take my excel file. I have there a multiplier in the penalty of 2. you can also set it to 1 or 3 and get completely different output and ranking. No mater how you set it it will always be wrong :(

So I understand Yarold, that he wants to have a ranking without any multiplier or penalty.

Thanxs again for sharing for thoughts! :)

Kronia - Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:52 pm

Eurul wrote:
Hi Kronia!

Thank you very much for stepping in the real discussion. thanxs for making suggestions!

Kronia wrote:
Why not put things back to the way they were (including counting the averages of peasants), and then put some sort of penalty on the dynasty averages of dynasties who reject too high of a % of joining peasants?

Nice idea, I really like it. But it has one failure. It has the same failure like my own idea which I posted here: http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/v...p?p=31977#31977

We both need for our suggestions a multiplier or for your idea a penalty. the problem with such ideas is, to say how high this penalty or how high the multiplier should be. Just take my excel file. I have there a multiplier in the penalty of 2. you can also set it to 1 or 3 and get completely different output and ranking. No mater how you set it it will always be wrong :(

So I understand Yarold, that he wants to have a ranking without any multiplier or penalty.

Thanxs again for sharing for thoughts! :)

Who says it has to be a multiplier? Why not just subtract 10, or 30, or 50 from the dynasty average as a penalty? Maybe after toying with the numbers a bit, it would be found that kicking >33% of joining peasants should get you a -50 penalty on your dynasty average or something like that. The penalty could last a day, or several days, or a week. I don't crunch the numbers, so I don't know what would be good. But there is a lot of room in my suggestion for Yarold to choose numbers that are fair. It would be so much better than the current update. I really don't think the reason that you gave is a good one for ignoring my suggestion, especially since there is so much that is wrong with the new update

Jeanne - Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Kronia wrote:

The only problem I could see with that is that Jeanne could start her own dynasty which would dominate everybody, she is too good and needs a special way of calculating average in order to restrain her from complete and utter domination.

Thank you Kronia (I edited out the "it's a joke" part) :razz:

Darrel - Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:26 am

For me, the new AvgClicks system is better than the old Average Dynasty, because with the older system, little dynasties with only 2-3 members were shooting up, while big dynasties were quite slower. I think it is unfair that some people with high averages create dynasties and don't accept new member, only because they want to be #1. So I think the new system is fair and it gives everyone the oppurtunity to receive many clicks to his/her link, without needing high average. With me, the problem is that I cannot click much every day, but with the new update, my emperor is not needing to kick me because I'm not clicking much and my Average is low.

Also, I am sure that it was a lot of programming and work from Mr. Yarold to make this update, so I AM ALL FOR THE NEW SYSTEM!

Kronia - Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:24 pm

What about dynasties like my dynasty, which, although we accepted every person who wanted to join, was one of the dynasties who was hurt by this update? It's not fair to everyone, which is why my suggestion is better
MUSHpark - Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:06 am

I was going to let this argument die, but I cannot stand to be called a liar and accused of saying things I did not say.

Kronia wrote:
***And how can you say that MMC UBC took on very few newcomers? That is an outright lie.

The number of people you took into your dynasty who had <100 avg was small. I call it "very few". I'm thinking it was less than ten, although I wasn't watching that closely to know for sure. Do you have an actual number of newcomers that you took on, that you can quote to prove me wrong? Calling me a liar is a pretty strong accusation.

Kronia wrote:
Members of MMC UBC had actual FIGHTS with Jassej and Zvonimir because Jassej and Zvonimir absolutely refused to ever kick a joining peasant. We wanted to stop letting anyone join, and they told everyone in the dynasty: "Everyone gets a chance." And they stuck to it. Every person who joined was accepted, and every person who was accepted was allowed to stay until they didn't make the minimum clicks.

All well and good. I never claimed you rejected peasants. My exact words, which you quoted in the quote at the top of this post, were that you "took on very few newcomers". Your diatribe above does nothing to counter that statement.

And while I credit your leadership with accepting all newcomers, it is clear from your statement above that many of your other members, who had FIGHTS with your leadership, were not of the same mind, and were very much anti-newbie.

Kronia wrote:
If you ever claim again that MMC UBC ever rejected a single peasant, then I will call you out on that lie.

Again? Again?

How can I claim something "again" that I never claimed in the first place??????

Why are you calling me a liar when you are claiming that I said things I never said??????

Please be more careful when calling people liars. At least pay attention to what they said, and don't claim they said things they didn't.

scarlete - Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:53 am

MUSHpark wrote:
I was going to let this argument die, but I cannot stand to be called a liar and accused of saying things I did not say.

Kronia wrote:
***And how can you say that MMC UBC took on very few newcomers? That is an outright lie.

The number of people you took into your dynasty who had <100 avg was small. I call it "very few". I'm thinking it was less than ten, although I wasn't watching that closely to know for sure. Do you have an actual number of newcomers that you took on, that you can quote to prove me wrong? Calling me a liar is a pretty strong accusation.

Kronia wrote:
Members of MMC UBC had actual FIGHTS with Jassej and Zvonimir because Jassej and Zvonimir absolutely refused to ever kick a joining peasant. We wanted to stop letting anyone join, and they told everyone in the dynasty: "Everyone gets a chance." And they stuck to it. Every person who joined was accepted, and every person who was accepted was allowed to stay until they didn't make the minimum clicks.

All well and good. I never claimed you rejected peasants. My exact words, which you quoted in the quote at the top of this post, were that you "took on very few newcomers". Your diatribe above does nothing to counter that statement.

And while I credit your leadership with accepting all newcomers, it is clear from your statement above that many of your other members, who had FIGHTS with your leadership, were not of the same mind, and were very much anti-newbie.

Kronia wrote:
If you ever claim again that MMC UBC ever rejected a single peasant, then I will call you out on that lie.

Again? Again?

How can I claim something "again" that I never claimed in the first place??????

Why are you calling me a liar when you are claiming that I said things I never said??????

Please be more careful when calling people liars. At least pay attention to what they said, and don't claim they said things they didn't.

UBC accepted every single member that tried to join. If you did not see newcomers like you thought you should, it was not because we were rejecting people, it was because not that many people were trying to join. Most likely they were trying to join with the number one spot, if they were newbs. That's kind of how it goes. So yes, while I wouldn't say you were outright lying, you had absolutely no idea what you were talking about and had no place to say it since you couldn't see what was actually going on. Just like we can't see who you allow in or reject.

Jassej's thing was "everyone gets a chance" and my thing was damn, I'm clickin' my ******* off to make up for the newbs!

Finally, with all this STUFF, I decided to join a dynasty that didn't focus on all of that, that didn't CARE, which is kind of ironic because I considered your dynasty, but it seems like you do care.. quite a bit, actually. (:

If I could, I'd kidnap Kronia and make her join J4F, but I think she's got her own mind and really wants to see her dynasty succeed the way it was originally made out to be. You really can't fault her, or the rest of her dynasty for feeling a wee bit jipped with the changes happening just at the time that they did. Right when they were about to be in the top spot.

I just don't care who's in the top spot, I just wanna click when I can, play games when I can, and not worry about whether or not my "team" is on top. I like liking the people I'm in dynasty with rather than feeling like I have to do a major Pull MY WEIGHT thing. I do fine and am much less stressed out that way.

Give Kronia her due, she's speaks very intelligently and has a lot of valid points, you're just picking and choosing from what she's said what you want to argue with.

I think it's time to get over it and see what the polls say and move ON.

Roman - Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:35 am

scarlete wrote:

Amen!

Yes lets wait for the results of the poll. It does not make sense to go along with this Thread for now.

Metalteo - Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:54 am

Eurul wrote:
scarlete wrote:

Amen!

Yes lets wait for the results of the poll. It does not make sense to go along with this Thread for now.

Amen!

and I'm locking this.