SWLE
Link exchange

Support - Ask here - When ends the server day?

Ambrosius - Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:46 pm
Post subject: When ends the server day?
At what time / intervals does a new server day start?

I'm at 450 clicks done this day, but i'm sure this is yesterday and today accumulated.

Metalteo - Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:53 pm

Server didn't reset this morning, but it will reset next time.

This happens at 7 am server time (GMT +1).

Ambrosius - Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:56 pm

Ok
Thanks.

Just read your tip about changing link slots. It works but there seems to be a link feeding frenzie going on. Due to the 1 minute wait in MoMT I lost 30 credits and got only 5 clicks out of it :(

Ambrosius - Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:03 pm

10 clicks now and 53 credits wasted :shock:
Ambrosius - Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:45 pm

It is said to see how many people don't take the time to wait less then a minute before they can click a MoMT link (if it has been clicked less then a minute before them....)

Maybe there are also people that don't know you have to click the "click here to continue" button.

Anyways; 25 clicks cost me 89 credits....

On the bright side; I almost have my 150 clicks :)

jeremy02 - Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:48 pm

I think that Yarold could make a page in JavaScript that makes you click buttons like that.
Metalteo - Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:59 pm

I think the problem is with MOMT.

I'm getting the 1 minute error now, when I didn't click a MOMT link in the past 20 minutes.

Ambrosius - Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:07 pm

That isn't an error. A MoMT link can only be clicked once a minute;
If someone has clicked a MoMT link, that unique link closes for one minute. The next clicker has to wait one minute before the link can be clicked again.

Metalteo - Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:11 pm

I get it now.

That means an other person has clicked that link before me and I have to wait 60 sec. after he clicked the same link.

There's nothing we can do about that.

Ambrosius - Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:19 pm

Yes, that is wat meant 8)

Too bad nothing can be done about it.

Loosing credits like that is such a waste.
Although this was extreme due to the shortage of links that can be clicked at the moment.

jeremy02 - Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:34 pm

Actually, I think that something could be done about that.

New TABLE created called MOMT, when you click a user's MOMT link, it runs through the table to see if their link has been clicked in the last 60 seconds. If so, you get page, "Error: This users link has been clicked in the last minute, time left until you can click ____".

Metalteo - Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:37 pm

most users don't get their clicks only from this site.
jeremy02 - Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:40 pm

Oh, yes...good point, but it could certainly cut down on bad clicks.
Ambrosius - Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:56 pm

That is true

But there are quite a lot of MOMT players here and it is the only link exchange site i know of.

For most people this is the best way to get clicks. You can get 15-25 clicks from your MOMT alliance (there's 15 members in an alliance) + some clicks from the link poster forum at the MOMT site, and that's about it.

Having said this, i don't think there will be too many clicks comming from an other source that will interfeer with this site.

KHor - Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:05 am

Whenever I click a MOMT link and it says cannot click for 30 secs, say for ex, I just hit the back button until 30 secs is up and then you get your click. :)
bella - Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:40 am

It's not hard to do it properly. But alas you can't FORCE people to do the right thing.