FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Human Awareness Test
jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Helped: 4 times
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:46 pm   

I think you'd have to ignore it for a long time for it to take more than 5 or so tests to fix your average above 25%.

Then again, after you have so many tests, it would be a lot harder to get down below 25%. It may be a good idea to have these tests expire after x days or so.

rikiki 
Gamer God

Helped: 3 times
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:51 pm   

I don't know much about programming but is it possible to set some script into the frames of each game that need to have extra 'clicks'? If there is no click to the next page, no credits are gained and the link will still be shown in grey. People will definitely do the steps if they see there still have links there.

If this can be implemented then there may be no need to have a care test.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:55 pm   

rikiki wrote:
I don't know much about programming but is it possible to set some script into the frames of each game that need to have extra 'clicks'? If there is no click to the next page, no credits are gained and the link will still be shown in grey. People will definitely do the steps if they see there still have links there.

If this can be implemented then there may be no need to have a care test.

There's already a text in the frames for links that require action since the day the frames are back.

http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3837

rikiki 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:59 pm   

But it's still in auto load after few minutes. I mean it will only be credited after ppl click the extra steps like Dooragan, next etc. Otherwise the link will stay grey forever.

Anke 
n00b

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:59 pm   

There IS something broken with the tests.

I had 3/19, and after that paid attention and saw none. What I did see was a completely white site, no content at all.

Now I have 3/20

rikiki 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:04 pm   

That's strange, I have no problem with it just now.
I got 3 missed only. One I don't know why. There's very little chance I missed it. The 2nd is it came out 2 times in one go. Another one I think it's because I stupidly press the back button.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:37 pm   

rikiki wrote:
But it's still in auto load after few minutes. I mean it will only be credited after ppl click the extra steps like Dooragan, next etc. Otherwise the link will stay grey forever.

I really wish we could, but atm, there's no way we can.

chora 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:25 pm   

Metalteo, first i would like to excuse me about my last post here.
Thinking better about this system, on last night near reset time i was having DNS problems; many of site's links weren't loading (time out) and after i try to visit them again it says an error on frames.

Maybe i need to read more about those other games, some i really don't know where to complete their click.

Regards,
chora

lurchman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:45 pm   Suggestion to Action Link issue

Dear Yarold,

if you allow me to suggest a possible way out of this issue where not everybody's getting all action links to see unless passing the test before.

If you would offer ia selection in our profile to enable action links or not, and combine this somehow with an extra click (without the need of typing in something) everybody would have the freedom either to see all links but to have an extra click to do or to do only speed clicking without action links but than to know not to get all possible links.

What do you think?

Cheers
lurchman :wink:

Join the Real Mini Village Dynasty on Yarold for proud, glory and loyalty. Gain maximum clicks

shumadija 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:51 am   

@lurchman, that is exactly what HAT do - if gamer wish not to see action links, he will not fill HAT. If gamer wish to increase links to click, and wish to help other games with required additional actions, he will fill and submit HAT.

In that way, all is automated, no need to check/uncheck checkmarks in profile. I think this is good and fair for all, clickers and dragon/gang/war players.

lurchman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:11 am   

shumadija wrote:
@lurchman, that is exactly what HAT do - if gamer wish not to see action links, he will not fill HAT. If gamer wish to increase links to click, and wish to help other games with required additional actions, he will fill and submit HAT.

In that way, all is automated, no need to check/uncheck checkmarks in profile. I think this is good and fair for all, clickers and dragon/gang/war players.

Hi shumadija,
thank you for your remark even when I do not agree with you, HAT is a system made up by Yarold and is in first stage not linked to any kind of game but asumes that if you do not fill out HAT, you do not want to use action link and theirfore a lower 25% Care rate is set.

As for myself I do click DROGAAN or whatever needs to be done but I have not seen those HAT pages and now being doomed to not have all links. Example today I have done 4 action pages but still nothing improved in my CARE. So it is not linked in my point of view.

Cheers
lurchman :smile:

Join the Real Mini Village Dynasty on Yarold for proud, glory and loyalty. Gain maximum clicks

shumadija 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:12 am   

Oh, I think that HAT page appears behind nonaction links. First couple days I ignore HAT and skipped 15 tests. But now I have 22/41, not bad at all :)

Rebecca 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 am   

The problem with this is that it changes the whole way that we click the links. I do not use snaplinks and FireFox for yarolds. I used to be able to "speed click" through the minicity links, why would I ever look at those? There is no action required, only the click, and yet this is where most of my tests come from. So now, I must click one by one, seeing if the tab says human awareness test. Why not have it set for only the games that require an extra click?

shumadija 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:55 am   

Well Rebeca, HAT is exactly what you say.

If someone don't wish to click action links, with not filling HAT she/he will not have action links to click. Simple will ignore HAT and don't look at tabs chasing one for test.

They who wish to click action links will take attention on HAT and fill the quest. Will not ignore HAT. :wink:

stompi 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:59 am   

Rebecca wrote:
The problem with this is that it changes the whole way that we click the links. I do not use snaplinks and FireFox for yarolds. I used to be able to "speed click" through the minicity links, why would I ever look at those? There is no action required, only the click, and yet this is where most of my tests come from. So now, I must click one by one, seeing if the tab says human awareness test. Why not have it set for only the games that require an extra click?

How do you "speed click" then? What method is faster than snaplinks?
At first I also thought it would be meaningful to show this test on action required links, but with the solution of not showing these links when your care is too low, you would have no chance to increase it again, when it falls below 25%.

edit:
Now I had another idea: We could have an box to check in profile, if we want action required links to be shown to us. If we check "No", they are simply not shown and no HAT will appear. If we check "Yes", all action required links will be shown and also the tests (which could look like some games, as I suggested above, too). If the care is below 25% we just don´t get credits or dynasty average rise for the action required links.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:38 pm   

stompi wrote:
Rebecca wrote:

At first I also thought it would be meaningful to show this test on action required links, but with the solution of not showing these links when your care is too low, you would have no chance to increase it again, when it falls below 25%.

edit:
Now I had another idea: We could have an box to check in profile, if we want action required links to be shown to us. If we check "No", they are simply not shown and no HAT will appear. If we check "Yes", all action required links will be shown and also the tests (which could look like some games, as I suggested above, too). If the care is below 25% we just don´t get credits or dynasty average rise for the action required links.

I'm afraid that's very easy to be abused when it can be switched on and off all the time.

stompi 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:50 pm   

"I'm afraid that's very easy to be abused when it can be switched on and off all the time."

How could this be abused?

If you check it off, you don´t see this action required links like doorgan, enter number and so on.
If you check it to "Yes", you would see this links and some of them are tests, too. So they don´t know which one is a game and which is a test(when tests are made like the games) and would have to make the action to not being rated below the 25%.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:37 pm   

* users can now set if they want to see all links and have tests in profile
* tests can now occur only when clicking link that require any acction (or we didnt set if its required yet)
* if user have option to see all links set and its rating is below 25% tests are made as before (with equal probability for both required action and non required action links)

Rebecca 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:30 pm   

stompi wrote:

I didn't say my way was faster, it's just what I do, click on them rapidly, one by one, using IE. It has always worked fine for me since I started Yarold's, so I never even bothered to look at the minicity tab that opens, which is how I got trapped by this "feature."

lurchman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:07 am   

Yarold wrote:
* users can now set if they want to see all links and have tests in profile
* tests can now occur only when clicking link that require any acction (or we didnt set if its required yet)
* if user have option to see all links set and its rating is below 25% tests are made as before (with equal probability for both required action and non required action links)

Hello Yarold,
thank you for considering my suggestion to do such a think.
Great.
Cheers
lurchman :mrgreen:

Reply to topic