SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Virus?
wyrenyth 
n00b

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:49 am   Virus?

Hey there.

Has anybody experienced a virus from any of the sites that Yarold's supports for clicking? I use Internet Explorer, and I've recently come into contact with a virus (Trojan) that I cannot get rid of, and trust me, I've tried. I keep getting a pop-up link to Fallen Sword, which I can't remember clicking on while I've been clicking here, but I can't remember for sure either way.

The problem has been fairly recent - and I'm afraid that it might have been caused by Proveste de Cartier (which usually throws up at least one pop-up and some that IE blocks), or My SchaamHar. If anybody else has come into contact with a Trojan like this, or has any helpful advice on how to get rid of the little bugger once and for all, it would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

pinestka81 
Gamer

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:49 pm   

I had similar problem yesterday, during happy hour one of the Shamhaar links was causing problems, I couldn't close it in any way. Pop up window was showing up with strange message " abt running" I have tried everything to close that link, nothing worked so I had to restart my computer. Before that i had some attack attempts notices. Just in case i ran norton scan, and one trojan was found -"infostealer.bancos":( Im pretty sure it was from one of yarolds exchange links because two days earlier my scan was clear...I was lucky and was able to get rid off it...

JayGatsby 
n00b

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:58 pm   

Yeah, I think the site Whimpsters got a virus lately. There is a topic about it on their forum. The virus somehow got into the site and is giving itself to other users. If your virus is Vundo, it's probably from Whimpsters. But I think they fixed it.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:18 am   

JayGatsby wrote:
Yeah, I think the site Whimpsters got a virus lately. There is a topic about it on their forum. The virus somehow got into the site and is giving itself to other users. If your virus is Vundo, it's probably from Whimpsters. But I think they fixed it.

From their homepage.
Quote:
No more Virus!

It appears that this was just one big hoax from some annoying person. Cyde showed me the source of the warnings. Everything is now safe. However, we will be providing better protection for the future!

http://www.whimpsters.net/

Hogan 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:05 pm   

I received the spyware program "Spyware Guard 2008" from some link yesterday while clicking. That was a nasty one to get rid of, but I finally did! Be careful!

Ladywizard 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 pm   

Some of the links seem to be popping up dexonline pages with the link and my zip code already filled in is this a virus?

mrs_jack_turner 
Gamer

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:06 pm   

I've had about five of six warnings at least from MMC links saying they contain viruses.

Reply to topic