Closed by: Metalteo
Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:54 am
Small update
Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:06 am   

In my dynasty we have the rule of getting demoted if you don't do the minimum clicks every day.

- now if my guys wants to see our dynasty at top - they could stop clicking and be demoted leaving me with my personal ave 775 as the only one to count - sweet! Try and beat us then.

I am sure the change wasn't meant to be (ab)used like that but I am also sure that in some cases it will be - so please change this back as soon as possible.

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:16 am   Re: Small update

zvonimir wrote:
Yarold wrote:

these are not included in calculations of dynasty average

Worse .. again, goes hand in the small (small number of members) Dynastys.Them will now be able to say that they will be big.All peasant before reset.
This may take Yarold's dynasty in the disaster.

But your dynasty stands to benefit the most from this. Make all but your top four clickers peasant, and you can be the first dynasty to 700! Nobody else can come close!

Wildthing 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:56 am   

Sadly I have to aghree hon. We usually boot those who don't make the average and now we just have to demote tem.. this really is going to get out of hand hon. I like how it makes it so smaller guys get a chance to stay benefit ands grow... but was this the best way to go about it?

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:05 am   Re: Small update

MUSHpark wrote:

But your dynasty stands to benefit the most from this. Make all but your top four clickers peasant, and you can be the first dynasty to 700! Nobody else can come close!

Hm Hm Mushpark - I can not only come close but having the highest ave in Yarolds I can pass UBC and everybody else with my 17 member dynasty (16 peasants, 1 Emp) :razz:

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:10 am   Re: Small update

Jeanne wrote:
MUSHpark wrote:

Hm Hm Mushpark - I can not only come close but having the highest ave in Yarolds I can pass UBC and everybody else with my 17 member dynasty (16 peasants, 1 Emp) :razz:

Good point! Go for it! :)

After all, your dynasty average would be just as legitimate as the Eternity and Net Freaks dynasty averages.

And if your dynasty members are willing to be peasants in order to "support the dynasty average" then it's entirely legitimate.

The best dynasty will be the one which arranges the best set of allies to allow one of their users to be the top clicker....

Really, there's not much difference now than with the current routine of booting people before reset. (That's one of the ways Net Freaks increased their average with newbies before. Ever notice how many times G.A.F.F.E.Y was booted right before reset and joined right after?) Now instead of booting/rejoining it's a simple demote-to-peasant.

Wildthing 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:17 am   

Actually doing that will cripple you. I just talked to Stan in the chat room and he explained that the Avg Page is now configured to base it on how many clicks the dynasty makes and not the average.

To be honest I absolutly hate this.

It's not based on how hard your members work really but how many members you have.

It isn't about how hard you encourage them.. and now it sadly really has just become little more then a "Numbers game"

Please put it back the way it was.. at least then us small groups had a chance now.. if you dont have 30-40-50-60+ members you have no chance.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:22 am   

A completely different thing about the new updates:

- the customization of the history page returns to default every time I have been logged out (annoyingly happens a lot cause my cpu is overloaded) could this be fixed?

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:24 am   

Jeanne wrote:

- the customization of the history page returns to default every time I have been logged out (annoyingly happens a lot cause my cpu is overloaded) could this be fixed?

Click reset, set it again and its done.

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:22 am   

Thank you so very, very much for the new customization of short notes!!

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:29 am   

Yarold wrote:
Jeanne wrote:

Click reset, set it again and its done.

So I have to reset my customizations every time I log on? couldn't there be a save option like with the change of layout?

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:35 am   

Jeanne wrote:
So I have to reset my customizations every time I log on? couldn't there be a save option like with the change of layout?

it is saved, but you just need to do it once

azvojda 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:18 am   

The update is good.

Though I can't see the time remaining for waiting in the boxes of the main, history and Dynasty pages. It's OK in the waiting pages.

I'm not sure is it from my browser or from the update.

zvonimir 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 pm   Re: Small update

MUSHpark wrote:
Make all but your top four clickers peasant, and you can be the first dynasty to 700! Nobody else can come close!

I know that ,but ..

I not understunde, all the Peasant does not account in average, or only the 4th?

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:24 pm   Re: Small update

Hello all people of Yarolds. I think (Well I hope that I correctly thought) that I now got the Point of the whole Update from Stan and want to post my thinkings of it.

I also ask you all to look into my thoughts if they are correct or not.

1.) Following got changed:
- The Dynasty ranking is now autosorted by Total clicks done Yesterday
- The Total clicks yesterday are counted by all members without Peasants
- The Dyn/Ave are counted by all members without Peasants

2.) Dynasty avergae:
a.) Rising the Dyn/Ave:
To get a high Dyn/Ave you need to make all members with a lower personal Average than the Dynasty Avergae to Peasants.

b.) Maximising the Dyn/Ave:
To get a maximum of the Dyn/Ave you only need to make the highest member Emp and ALL other members get demoted to Peasants. Your Dynasty Average will grow till it reaches the personal Average of this member.

c.) Conclusion of the Dyn/Ave:
The Dyn/Ave is nothing worth anymore! Like Jeanne and me allready posted before the Dynasty with the highest personal Avergae member will get first. Not funny and so this ranking is worthless. I think Stan knows that - thats why the automated sorting got changed.

3.) Yesterdays clicks of all memebrs:
a.) Rising the Yesterdays clicks:
You need to get as many members as possible - every member counts even if he only clicks 1 Link.

b.) Maximising the Yesterdays clicks:
You need to make your own members list full (60 members is the maximum now I tihnk) and have good Clickers around. So you need many AND good clickers!

c.) Conclusion of the Yesterdays clicks:
All Dynasties must and will get bigger to reach the maximum. So there will be bigger Dynasties, lesser kickings and all Dynasties will have a lower amount of Alliances because of getting herself bigger.

4.) My personal conclusion and view of all that things:
Thats what Stan wanted. To stop the endless kickings everytime before reset and to stop all that small Dynasties that dont want to grow..

The Dyn/Ave will get (or allready is now) worthless if that Update will stay as it is because of Point 2.b and 2.c

The Yesterdays clickings are all that count now.

The only left questions that are left for me are:
- Why is the Dynasty Average still here? You can delete that column :mrgreen: (The personal Average of every members is still important to see as Emp which members click much and which not (not daily but on a 10 days basis))
- Will the Yesterday column be an average thing or just a new start at 0 each reset?

Please tell me if I am wrong. I would not mind if anyone tells me, that all what I wrote is only a dream and all is exactly the other way round :mrgreen:

P.s.
A big Thank you and a big Hug to Ella. She brought me to many of my thoughts during we dicussed all that stuff on the chat :)

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:01 pm   

Very good post Roman, certianly gives us a lot of things to think about. It will be a matter of juggling the people who click alot and those who do not. Keeping it all in balance. Guess we need to see who is the best at this new juggling act.

zvonimir 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:50 pm   

OK for Yarold praise on his change.Well was hard to improve this game ..
Any good modification is welcome.
Only time can prove if it does well..

A.The bad thing: I think that because of these changes, many old and good clickers go out with Yarolds. :cry:

B.Good thing: More we will not have to buy credits from yarold for the Peasant's, more money to my pocket :razz:

C.Another bad thing:Competition lure of(charm) disappears :roll:

My opinion

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:29 pm   

With this "improvement" lose Yarold Sharm than playing and goes back to only one exchange site!
Worse could not update and when it does not change quickly then there is (for me) with no meaningful continue to make and so much time must invest = me looking for a new game!

MainCore 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:49 pm   Well...

...mostly I like the update. However I think peasants should be added to the dynasty average, They are part of the dynasty after all.

BTW: delay counters not showing.
Be the Master

Kronia 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:51 pm   

What a stupid, stupid update. This punishes many good, average-sized dynasties just because of a few dynasties who shot up the rankings because they only had a few members. The emphasis on having as many members as possible (the logical way to get as many clicks as possible) is a bad idea, and here's why: it has "dumbed down" the competition between the dynasties. Now instead of trying to recruit quality clickers, you also just try to grab anyone that you can. Having good clickers matters, but so does having sheer numbers, which doesn't take any competitive skill at all.

The only thing that makes Yarold's fun is the competition, and this update just wrecked the competition. I'm cancelling the contests I was running for my dynasty, because what's the point? Having everyone raise their averages above 600 now matters a lot less then simply recruiting another 35 members. I might as well just leave my dynasty altogether and just log on once a day to earn some credits. The fun competition is gone.

And by the way, the only peasants that ever got kicked from MMC UBC were those who didn't click the 350 minimum. We never kicked anyone just to help our average, and we accepted anyone who wanted to join and let them stay all they way up until they didn't click the minimum. This update punishes the WRONG people. What a stupid change.

Reverse the update ASAP. It wasn't well thought-out.

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:23 pm   

Kronia wrote:
What a stupid, stupid update.

You're entitled to your opinion. I think it's great.
Kronia wrote:
This punishes many good, average-sized dynasties just because of a few dynasties who shot up the rankings because they only had a few members.

Define "average size" and "few members"? What's the right size for a dynasty? Was MMC UBC okay at 20-ish? Or are the 40-ish dynasties better? Why was a dynasty of 4 wrong? Who is to decide the correct dynasty size?

Kronia wrote:
Now instead of trying to recruit quality clickers, you also just try to grab anyone that you can.

Given the fact that most newcomers don't click as well as seasoned veterans, that's great. We won't have dynasties being snobbish and refusing to accept newcomers. I think that is a good thing.

And I'd rather have 1 member clicking 600 per day than 2 members clicking 300. There will still be a focus on quality clickers. You're not going to grab someone who only clicks 15 per day when you need to keep the space open for someone who can click more.

But at the same time, a NEWCOMER clicking 600 per day is better than 2 long time dead weight members only clicking 300. THIS HELPS NEWCOMERS WHO CLICK WELL.

Kronia wrote:
Having good clickers matters, but so does having sheer numbers, which doesn't take any competitive skill at all.

Hogwash. Try being an emp and deciding which dynasties to ally with. That takes lots of strategic skill to evaluate how many good links all of your members can click. Try being a smaller dynasty and trying to attract good allies. That requires the skill of making sure you have lots of links available for those allies to click.

It is NOT just about getting the biggest dynasty. There is MUCH MORE complex interaction going on.

Kronia wrote:
The only thing that makes Yarold's fun is the competition, and this update just wrecked the competition.

Not for me. I think it just got a lot more interesting. And a lot more friendly to newbies.

Kronia wrote:
I'm cancelling the contests I was running for my dynasty, because what's the point? Having everyone raise their averages above 600 now matters a lot less then simply recruiting another 35 members.

Then recruit 35 more members.

Or better yet, find a good dynasty of about 35 members, and have all your members join it.

Kronia wrote:
I might as well just leave my dynasty altogether and just log on once a day to earn some credits. The fun competition is gone.

Fine by me. One less small dynasty to compete with, who got big by stealing big-average people from other dynasties and took on very few newcomers.

Kronia wrote:
And by the way, the only peasants that ever got kicked from MMC UBC were those who didn't click the 350 minimum. We never kicked anyone just to help our average

NEWS FLASH. Requiring a minimum click rate helps your average. Duh. That's how MMC Mob got on top and stayed on top a while ago, by consistenly raising the minimum clicks required as the dynasty grew.

Kronia wrote:
This update punishes the WRONG people.

Who are the RIGHT people to punish????????

Newbies???? THat is who was being punished the old way.

Kronia wrote:
Reverse the update ASAP. It wasn't well thought-out.

I disagree. I think it was very well thought out, and I really like it.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.