SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Having a problem with my mail
sarafox 
n00b

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:14 am   Having a problem with my mail

I am having a problem looking at my mail. Every time I clik on my message it pops up for a second, then it redirects me to the link exchange page. I try going back and it just takes me back to my mail box. Its very anoying. Is there a glitch or a bug?

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:05 am   

Delete cookies, cache, history, most mail and profile problems has to do with that.

♥ Ferrari ♥

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:33 am   

Does it happen with any message you click on or just one particular message in your mailbox?
And is it a message that has been sent to you or that you are trying to send yourself?

Because if it's just 1 particular message, you might want to contact the sender to ask about it.

The Yarold mail is html-based, which is very useful, but also means someone with knowledge of html can very easily play some tricks on you. 1 of them is the possibility to insert some code to redirect you to another page...
The Yarold mail function was of course not designed to be 'abused' in such way, but there are always people who don't understand that or just don't know what they are doing... :roll:

sarafox 
n00b

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:14 pm   

Ok, I tryed every thing, I even deleated the cookies and history but my page is still being redirected when ever I click on any of my messages...Im getting very anoyed now...

Wildthing 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:35 am   

sara,

I have this problem as well in firefox.. However sometimes I find its easier to try a different browser. I have no problems getting the mails in opera or ie.. ubt sometimes firefox well.. firefox can be quite an evil little fox of a problem. Have you tried using a different browser to see if that helps you out any hon?

While I am sure its not the solution you want it might be at least a temporary one to get you into that mail.

Reply to topic